Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Besides missing the gettable goals hard to judge the fwd line when mids are beaten.. rather back in the structure we've been having when Darcy is in
I agree but I'm only basing my judgements on effort. I believe stats support the fact that Freddy's pressure and defensive efforts have really dropped off. Maybe I expected that he'd become more than a 10 possession, 1 goal, 1 tackle a game player. He hoodwinked me. I don't know why but there's still a tiny belief left in me that one day on the big stage, he'll tear a game up with 20 possessions and 4 or 5 goals. Probably needs a rocket and some WAFL time for that to happen though. He's resting on his laurels and a free ride is not good for him.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was a crap game. Crash back down to earth.

In:
Darcy and straight into the ruck.
Pearce. Need leadership.
Brodie. He deserves a chance now.

Out:
Voss
Draper
Fyfe/JOM. Both were old, slow and crap

Spot on about Fyfe and JOM. When are coaching staff going to realise these guys aren't taken us to the promise land. Love fyfe for what he has done but there comes a time when you got to move on to move forward.

Spot on about Fyfe and JOM. When are coaching staff going to realise these guys aren't taken us to the promise land. Love fyfe for what he has done but there comes a time when you got to move on to move forward.
Would love JOM gone, and Banfield finally back on the wing. Team is suffering because of it at times.
Banfield, Sturt and Fredrick is too overloaded.
How is Emmett going? Really need a small forward that brings pressure.

Can we not play both of them in the same team?

Or do we look too tall in the backline then?

I don't think so, unless we drop Cox and Cox is better and will continue to improve. We lose too much run if we keep Draper in over a small.

He has had a great season and now the team gets a look at our first choice backline.

In: Pearce, Walker, Darcy
Out: Draper, Sturt/Walters, Voss

I’m not sure if Voss has the mobility to replace one of the smaller/medium forwards. I’d replace Walters/Sturt with a midfielder playing forward.

Can we not play both of them in the same team?

Or do we look too tall in the backline then?
Can’t fit 9 (Pearce, Cox, Clark, Ryan, Chapman, Wagner, Walker, Aish, Draper) into 6-7 spots. I’d expect Walks to come back and match up on Kossie Pickett. We can move out Aish or Wagner to bench/Sub. Unfortunately Drapes will come out for Pearce. I say unfortunately because he has been very solid but we have missed Pearce and Cox improved from last week. So Drapes unlucky.

Brodie and Erasmus deserve a run. Fyfe may need a break anyway.
How is Johnson and JOM still stay in when have had ordinary games throughout the season too.

Johnson has had a very good three weeks, really finding himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably will be dropped first given JOM is still mysteriously in the team riding Fyfe and co coattails.

Walters needs to be an out unless it is a farewell game. Even then, the comp is so close that we can't risk it.

Sturt should stay in unless injured now.

Walters, Voss, Draper all out with Aish to the sub is a big enough broom and core spine players injected.

Out: Walters, Fyfe, Voss, Draper

In: Pearce, Darcy, Brodie, Walker

Would love to drop JOM too but he has actually been ok the last month and no real clear in excepting maybe Erasmus.

Can we play the Dees at the MCG next week?

I don't want to play them at their premiership ground
Melb at MCG or Alice I have us in as an easy win. I think of us playing them at Optus and only get smashings. Not sure what our actual record at home vs them is, but the vibes don't feel great.

On the off chance the match committee is reading this I just wanna let you know:

You can not name Walters in the side. It’s possible. Headquarters won’t spontaneously combust if you do. Just don’t put his name on the team sheet. I know this may be a bit of a revelation, but just try it!

Melbourne are going to be ready. Getting into their defensive form.
Lever and May are always tough
Yeah they're a completely different team when missing one of Lever/May

Those 2 really matter for them, seems like even Trac/Gawn aren't as important for their structure compared to those 2 in defense

They'll come out fired up against us too as we embarassed them last time

Out: Walters, draper
In: Darcy, Pearce

Don't agree with calls for Sturt to be dropped. Lost the game by being spanked in the middle. Hard for a medium forward to do much.
Blokes too good to be a peel and Walters is a shadow of a good footballer.

My ideal semi-realistic changes

Moose for Chappy - needs to go back to Peel and learn how to defend again, Draper Assumes his role
Walker for Aish - Correct the mistake we made this week, couldn't believe we made this selection, need Walks for Kozzy
Darcy for Voss - Obvious one
Not really sure who we can bring in for Walters but semi-realistic says he isn't dropped anyway so stays sub
Wouldn't mind Fyfe or JOM managed but really not much coming up from underneath

Actual changes
Darcy for Voss
Moose for Draper
With a maybe on Walks for Wagner/Aish
Walters in for Sturt to be sub 🤮

My ideal semi-realistic changes

Moose for Chappy - needs to go back to Peel and learn how to defend again, Draper Assumes his role
Walker for Aish - Correct the mistake we made this week, couldn't believe we made this selection, need Walks for Kozzy
Darcy for Voss - Obvious one
Not really sure who we can bring in for Walters but semi-realistic says he isn't dropped anyway so stays sub
Wouldn't mind Fyfe or JOM managed but really not much coming up from underneath

Actual changes
Darcy for Voss
Moose for Draper
With a maybe on Walks for Wagner/Aish
Walters in for Sturt to be sub 🤮
I'm gonna predict that Walters will get dropped this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Melbourne (Round 19)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back