Changes v Sydney Rd 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Minson will come in, I have doubts that BONTEMPELLI and WOOD will play, Clay Smith also very sore. Not having a bet this week.
Talking about 200ml of rain would be happy calling game off, and taking draw, I would be very happy with 2 points.
Geez don't like the sound of that mate, Bonts still not right? We need those guys to get up.

Saw him at Whitten Oval on the weekend and he looked like he'd need another week minimum... Libba... god he looked a sad site. :( Hobbling around like he had a wooden leg :( What a luxury it'll be to bring him back in...
it's scary to think we are playing so well without Libba.
My god when he comes back at full strength, the league thinks we are tough as nail nows ohh boy just wait and see

Will be interesting to see how we go in the wet. I think our game will transition pretty well. We've got a pretty strong, and overall big team (although I'd love Wallis back in the clinches, and obviously libba) with contested ball still being a big strength, guys like Dahl, Clay and Jong are built for those sort of conditions, just throwing themselves at the ball and man. Rain also doesn't stop our pressure and defensive work which has been insane. The smaller forward line we played with last week will be more effective and all Boyd needs to do is keep bringing it to ground. The wet will obviously make it a lot harder to move the ball slickly but to be honest were still not always that clean anyway, we just move the ball at pace and get into space so it usually doesn't matter too much if were a bit sloppy. If the conditions are going to be like that IMO Minson is an absolute must. A high stoppage slog against one of the best midfields is made for him.

In saying that its going to be a bloody challenge, slightly more confident after sunday!
Don't forget Picken and Honey and even Hrovat... play like terriers. Liam's game last week was a beauty and showed leadership from the start.

The only ones I could envisage going out might be Dickson or Grant - maybe Honey. I could bring in Hunter for Dickson and live with it I guess but would be brutal to drop anyone from that comprehensive a win unless they need the rest. Has General Soreness been enlisted by any of the teams yet this year?
I'd keep in Dickson cuz keeps his feet so well. Hunter is very good in the close contests playing HFF. Not Grant for 100mm. Yes to big Will.

Well if Bev is true to the "we will pick a team based on the matchups / situation each game" then Will would be better suited to the wet at the SCG and will come in for Cordy. Even though Cordy was fine, Minson wasn't really any worse the week before so I could see Will in for Cordy this week due to matchups / conditions.

Preferred Changes

Ins
Minson, Goodes

Outs
Cordy, Hrovat/Honey

Due to wet conditions we need some stronger bodies around the ball so both Minson and Goodes come in.

Honey is a beast at the contest. Leave him in and bring grant out for goodes if you want stronger bodies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honey is a beast at the contest. Leave him in and bring grant out for goodes if you want stronger bodies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I considered that also but I think Grant might be crucial as a sub in the wet. He will run past blokes when they are tired in the 4th. Hence why I think I'd take out Hrovat instead of Honey. Honey's tackling pressure should be vital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forgot about Goodesy. Perfect for a bash n crash slug fest in the mud like this.
Out: T Boyd, Stringer, The Bont
In: Minson, Hunter, Goodes

Trained today going by the club video, looks sharp too so it must have just been cramp or a sore foot from constantly booting the ball into the third tier.
Think Jake just got sick of winning contests and kicking goals

my guess (based on the one vfl game i've been to in which roberts played back) that he'll be down back with Talia and Roughy will float and support Ayce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back