Prediction Changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

We played the Bulldogs 7 weeks later, and after Sydney we're playing Richmond again 7 weeks later. We still haven't faced teams like Essendon or GWS at all yet. On top of all the 5-6 day breaks, back to back away games etc. Our fixture is never great but it's particularly cooked this year, like it was thrown together at the last minute. No thought or logic behind it at all.
I don't think it was done at the last minute, they wanted to make sure clubs like Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood got a ridiculous amount of games in Melbourne so that the long suffering Blues and Bombers fans finally had something to be happy with and then we just got the leftovers. its what happens when the AFL, umpires, tribunal, media, and everything associated with the game is still about 75% Victorian.

How dare such a lesser club speak to us in such a way. Know your station.

Now run along now, get the polish as Longmire's boots are not going to clean themselves.
Lesser club?

Try standing on your own two feet without having to suck on the AFLs teats then get back to us champ

How dare such a lesser club speak to us in such a way. Know your station.

Now run along now, get the polish as Longmire's boots are not going to clean themselves.
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

Wouldnt have minded our chances of an upset win if we would have had Cox back but now may have to go in against a side with Davies and Draper as the two KPD now if Pearce doesn't get up. Just imagine, we either go in with two babies as our key pillars or we bring Hughes back in.

Really annoyed we never got a proper chance vs Sydney. First game with the McCarthy news hours prior and now this game with no key defenders…

I have to say though - Sydney don't beat you with their key forwards. Other than Amartey having a super random game, they've won based on their midfield output. Pearce out hurts our chances, but it's not a hope completely lost situation.

Hopefully we have Cox ready by the Richmond game or the week after, so we only need to go a round or two with the two young full backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When do we know if Chapman has a case to answer for his sling tackle? Today? I only saw it at the game (on the other side of the ground) and no replay, so don't really know how bad it was.

We'll be ok.
Tall forwards aren't Sydney's main source of goal kicking, Amartey last week aside. I think we can get away with a smaller backline this week. Loved Davies and think he should stay in.

If only Pearce, then Ryan to take his role. Walker comes in.
Out: Moose
In: Walker

FB: Walker Ryan Davies
HB: Wagner Chappy Clarke
C: Sharp Fyfe Omera
HF: Sturt Jacko Freddy
FF: JT Nev Switta
F: Dracy Serong Brayshaw
I/C: Banners Young Johnson Aish
Sub: K. Worner.

One of Draper Voss or Hughes could all also come in but dunno who misses out.

Our best tall back out on top of our existing key back outs is not the difference between being competitive and not being competitive. What does do it make it significantly more likely we would be on the losing end if the game is close.

Or put another way; It's all about the contest...

Last edited:
Voss in.

Jackson to the backline for a couple of games. He is the unicorn right? Just go man on man. He’ll work it out..go the fist 👊

Treacy back up to Darcy.

That’s what we do if we’re serious about winning. Having both Draper and Davies in together is too inexperienced and lightweight.
I like it, except the Treacy to back up Ruck, just get Jackson to follow McClean all day, whether that’s in the forward line or ruck, Davies gets Amarty and Chapman/Hughes alternate between McDonald and Hayward. Ryan helps everyone.

I like it, except the Treacy to back up Ruck, just get Jackson to follow McClean all day, whether that’s in the forward line or ruck, Davies gets Amarty and Chapman/Hughes alternate between McDonald and Hayward. Ryan helps everyone.
Much better idea. Don't want us messing with Treacy.

How did we line up against swans last year when we beat them?

We had Erasmus and O'Meara playing very defensive mids, Jackson exploded, Treacy was taking marks up the field for the first glimpse of his form this year.

I think that game was one of the reasons the Swans went and bought another ruck by the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back