Changes Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not Mundy? How long does he get the golden ticket for?

Agree, he sounded very disappointing. If Duffield and Ibbotson are droppable for piss-weak effort so should Mundy be.

Barlow sounds back. I am starting to question Suban (At least where he is being played). Pitt should have been brought on the same time as Lovett-Murray IMO. Lovett -Murray brought them back into the game when he came on. Crowley should have been subbed. His effort on Watson was pathetic. Other than Silvagni getting destroyed by Hurley (I think that was the match-up) Crowley was one of the main reasons for our loss. Watson ran amok by the sounds of it.

I listened to the game and haven't seen it (never will) so I may have it wrong.

Pearce was worst on ground for me. Disposal was ordinary, tackling was just as bad. Mzungu wouldn't have been far behind. Seriously, that guy cannot lay a tackle.

You must've been busy pulling yourself when Mundy and Pitt were running around out there then?

Watson is a pretty difficult tag, Crowley should have gone to Stanton and Watson should have just been competed against in the contest. Mzungu probably needed to be used for his run, rather than trying to shutdown a player.

I didn't think the midfield was the problem as much as Essendon's run from defence versus our comparative lack of run. Need Ballantyne and Hill, and Mzungu being free may have helped too.

Yeah, in hindsight, the Crowley to Stanton tag would've worked a bit better. Crowley might've been able to get in the game himself if that happened, and Mzungu could've contributed better too.

In the Collingwood/Eagles game each team pretty much left each others best player to do what they wanted and see who came out on top. I dont think Watson would've been too much more damaging had he been left alone.

When our midfield improves we will probably go head- to- head with other midfields. However, that was Crowley's job last night, to limit Watson's influence and he failed miserably. Assuming he is not a little under- the -whether he let the team down last night.

No doubt, but it was also a bad matchup. Not too many teams attempt putting their best tagger on Watson, because Watson just beats players to the ball.

Ultimately though, we won the clearances and contested possession. It's hard to say we lost the midfield battle or that Watson carved us up. In my opinion, the ball rebounded from our forwardline too quickly and efficiently.

Ag
No doubt, but it was also a bad matchup. Not too many teams attempt putting their best tagger on Watson, because Watson just beats players to the ball.

Ultimately though, we won the clearances and contested possession. It's hard to say we lost the midfield battle or that Watson carved us up. In my opinion, the ball rebounded from our forwardline too quickly and efficiently.

Agree, but Watson was still running in the last quarter when the rest of our midfield appears to have stopped like shot and was very damaging. Not sure who from our team (available last night) would have still been running with him in the last quarter. Crowley is 28 years old and has a great tank. surely he could have matched him for 4 quarters. With a better side in, we would have won last night, but that doesn't excuse some of the performances last night.

Wow, who would have thought from one of the slowest players in the league eh?

Watson is the perfect matchup for Crowley. He's taken him to the cleaners before. Last night Watson found somethiong extra and beat Crowley late in the game. It happens. He can't always beat his opponent.

Hird mentioned in his presser that he was concerned at how well Crowley was doing at shutting his capt out of the game and asked Watson (in front of the other players) for an extra effort. He responded like a capt should. That's why they all ran to him after he kicked that goal half way through the last quarter.

And
Watson is the perfect matchup for Crowley. He's taken him to the cleaners before. Last night Watson found somethiong extra and beat Crowley late in the game. It happens. He can't always beat his opponent.

Hird mentioned in his presser that he was concerned at how well Crowley was doing at shutting his capt out of the game and asked Watson (in front of the other players) for an extra effort. He responded like a capt should. That's why they all ran to him after he kicked that goal half way through the last quarter.

And Crowley's extra effort for Freo??? I don't want to disagree with you about things two day's in a row Schamm, but seriously. Why should Watson try to lift but Crowley not maintain his effort and hold him for four quarters?

Crowley on Watson was an awful match up. Like people have said you just don't tag Watson because he is too good. However the couple of games Essendon have lost Stanton has been quiet. So Crowley should of gone to him.

Out - Suban (one of my most disliked players), Crichton (not AFL level, shit haircut), Mzungu (Like him but in poor form), Pitt (What were the recruiters thinking)

In - Hill, Ballantyne, Duffield, Morabito (Sub)

Note - Out of Suban's 14 possessions only 2 were contested, he is soft despite peope on here thinking he is tough and hard. I would have Duffield in the team every day of the week over Suban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we expecting Hill and Dawson to be fit for next week? If so they are straight in. Balla straight back in after serving his suspension.

Are we expecting Hill and Dawson to be fit for next week? If so they are straight in. Balla straight back in after serving his suspension.

ross seemed to think so in his post match.

out: silvagni, pitt, suban, crichton
in: dawson, mora, hill, balla

if dawson doesn't come up, i'd bring in anthony, purely because it's collingwood.

And

And Crowley's extra effort for Freo??? I don't want to disagree with you about things two day's in a row Schamm, but seriously. Why should Watson try to lift but Crowley not maintain his effort and hold him for four quarters?

I agree with you. I'd love Crowls to beat him, but it happens. Why does one tennis player beat another or even a darts player? Some will play each other numerous times with different results on different days. Physically or mentally there's many aspects that come into a one on one competition.

BTW, what was the other thing you disagreed with? Dunn? Mate, I believe what I was told at the time by a director. He was hard work. Injuries weren't an issue.

Dependant on injuries

Out: Crichton, Silvagni, Mundy (dont think it will happen but can see Barlow improving little by little, Mundy seems to have stalled)

In: Hill, Dawson, Ballantyne,

Pitt out and either Mora or Walters to the sub role. Can't give Pitt a full game after that effort and not enough impact as the sub, would be great to see Mora get a few minutes to see where he's at but if he's not ready then I'm more confident in walters having an impact if you give him a quarter or so.

Did Duffield play this weekend? Would happily switch him and Suban except the changes are starting to rack up,

To be honest if Dawson, Balla and Hill come back in fit, we keep Lower and Clarke plus another option then I think the team is looking that little bit stronger again. Hard to see us beating the pies but would be happy if we're competitive and it should beat most teams outside of the 8.

IN: Hill, Ballantyne, Spurr, Sheridan(sub), (Dawson)

OUT: Pitt, Chrichton, Suban, Neale(rest), (Silvagni)

Crowley on Watson was an awful match up. Like people have said you just don't tag Watson because he is too good. However the couple of games Essendon have lost Stanton has been quiet. So Crowley should of gone to him.

Out - Suban (one of my most disliked players), Crichton (not AFL level, shit haircut), Mzungu (Like him but in poor form), Pitt (What were the recruiters thinking)

In - Hill, Ballantyne, Duffield, Morabito (Sub)

Note - Out of Suban's 14 possessions only 2 were contested, he is soft despite peope on here thinking he is tough and hard. I would have Duffield in the team every day of the week over Suban.

Consider this... Who is a better inside mid than Suban in our team? Fyfe and Mora are injured and I dont know what Kept Lower out for Half a season.

Suban has had 2 decent games this season, 19 dispoals against geelong and 18 against the lions. We can fit duffield in the team.

Why not Mundy? How long does he get the golden ticket for?

If him pulling out of that contest is as bad as it looked on first viewing I'm all for dropping him this week. Unacceptable lack of commitment from a senior player.

Give him a wake up call in the WAFL for a week, he's in terrible form anyway.

Suban plays that distributor role in the backline so he's going to end up with lots of uncontested possessions, just like Duffield. The difference is Suban goes hard when it's his turn to go, like getting crunched going back with the flight in the 1st qtr last night or barreling in for a 50/50 ball... pretty much everything Duffield won't do.

He might not be the greatest footy player in the world but he's far from soft. Anyone watching with their own eyes can see that... and no amount of context-less stats will change it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes Vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back