Changes vs Giant Whinging Snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to assert our dominance in the midfield to win this match.

We have the advantage in the ruck. English should have Briggs' measure, and our back up (I assume Lobb) is likely to get the better of their back up ruckman (perhaps Brown).

With Tom Green out, the Giants only have two genuine A graders in the midfield (Kelly & Coniglio). They went with Perryman for much of yesterday. Ward is always solid but no longer an A grader. Callaghan also solid off a wing but nothing we can't gain control of.

It goes without saying, but Bont, Libba, Macrae and Treloar our proven A graders. Bailey Smith has shown he can be an A grader and if he brings the same intensity for his 100th match that he brought against Essendon, it will go a long way to us gaining control of the midfield and hopefully getting the chocolates. Baz was simply outstanding (BOG for mine) in our Ballarat match earlier in the year.

On paper our forward line is very good, but so too is theirs. Greene and Hogan (I'm assuming he plays) are legit match winners. Daniels and Riccardi can cause us issues on their day. If their midfield gets on top, their forward line could cause us some serious problems. We know how much Studs Up Toby likes to hurt us. Both literally and on the scoreboard.

We need Naughton, Jamarra, Cody and Lobster to take real advantage of our forward 50 entries.

We can also do damage out of our back half with the drive Dale, Richards and JJ/VDM give us.

Man, it would be super handy of Jones is right to go. I don't think he gets up. If he's available, I would have him playing his usual role. Not necessarily sticking to an opponent, but setting himself up behind the ball to take those intercept marks or at least half the contest.

Gardner goes to Hogan
Doc may get first crack at Toby. Dale also an option because I reckon he has the pace to go with Toby and can challenge him in the air better than Doc can.

Hogan and Toby have the potential to win this game for the Giants so I would consider five goals between them to be a break even. Anything below that would be an outstanding result.

We know which Toby will show up, but which Hogan will show up? The one who is shaky in front of goals, or even the one who drops every second mark? Time will tell, but we need to prepare as though he will hold every mark he gets first hands to, or converts every shot at goal he has.

For shits and giggles, check out this garbage from the GWS forum...

Nice for the plastic fans to finally get some engagement on their posts rather than yelling into the void like usual, although shame for them that its only on our board.

I will never for the life of me understand why they fixture games in Ballarat between rounds ~10 and 22. Play them early in the season or right at the end, not when the weather usually resembles the Siberian wintertime.

Very talented on paper, just lacking a little heart and soul.

This applies equally onfield and off. The players they originally poached from real clubs moved there solely for $$$ (Ward, Scully, etc) or to enhance their retirement fund (Kornes, Power, etc). There's no "new frontier" there - Sydney already had a club. At least with the Suns you could argue there was a partial attraction of lifestyle.

We need to assert our dominance in the midfield to win this match.

We have the advantage in the ruck. English should have Briggs' measure, and our back up (I assume Lobb) is likely to get the better of their back up ruckman (perhaps Brown).

With Tom Green out, the Giants only have two genuine A graders in the midfield (Kelly & Coniglio). They went with Perryman for much of yesterday. Ward is always solid but no longer an A grader. Callaghan also solid off a wing but nothing we can't gain control of.

It goes without saying, but Bont, Libba, Macrae and Treloar our proven A graders. Bailey Smith has shown he can be an A grader and if he brings the same intensity for his 100th match that he brought against Essendon, it will go a long way to us gaining control of the midfield and hopefully getting the chocolates. Baz was simply outstanding (BOG for mine) in our Ballarat match earlier in the year.

On paper our forward line is very good, but so too is theirs. Greene and Hogan (I'm assuming he plays) are legit match winners. Daniels and Riccardi can cause us issues on their day. If their midfield gets on top, their forward line could cause us some serious problems. We know how much Studs Up Toby likes to hurt us. Both literally and on the scoreboard.

We need Naughton, Jamarra, Cody and Lobster to take real advantage of our forward 50 entries.

We can also do damage out of our back half with the drive Dale, Richards and JJ/VDM give us.

Man, it would be super handy of Jones is right to go. I don't think he gets up. If he's available, I would have him playing his usual role. Not necessarily sticking to an opponent, but setting himself up behind the ball to take those intercept marks or at least half the contest.

Gardner goes to Hogan
Doc may get first crack at Toby. Dale also an option because I reckon he has the pace to go with Toby and can challenge him in the air better than Doc can.

Hogan and Toby have the potential to win this game for the Giants so I would consider five goals between them to be a break even. Anything below that would be an outstanding result.

We know which Toby will show up, but which Hogan will show up? The one who is shaky in front of goals, or even the one who drops every second mark? Time will tell, but we need to prepare as though he will hold every mark he gets first hands to, or converts every shot at goal he has.

For shits and giggles, check out this garbage from the GWS forum...

View attachment 1752109
Hogan is out

Tom Green destroyed us last time. He’s the one kid that can match us with in physicality and clearance work. Without him, I’m confident Bont and Libba can continue there work against the smaller midfielders left over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol ladies and gentlemen this is what it looks like when you lose a final and microwave your brain instead of your membership

The second nuffy is correct at least, 2016 was their best ever team. Very talented on paper, just lacking a little heart and soul.
I think yesterdays game was a nice little reminder that both GC & GWS are just a waste of everyone’s time. I sat down at 1pm on a Saturday arvo and thought beauty, should be an okay game here as a neutral - two exciting young teams on the cusp of finals, both play a nice brand of footy with some really watchable players.

I’d turned it off by 20mins into the first, there’s just no heat, no feeling and no meaning in any game played between these two sides and that’s what makes footy so good. Yeah you can build a franchise from the ground up but you can’t manufacture a football club.

Tassie will launch straight past these franchises within a couple of years, as a real club with a purpose to be in the league and people who (will) care about them

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Giant Whinging Snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back