Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

I totally agree with dropping Cox because he is just playing for free kicks IMO , but why is Lycett ahead of Sinclair ?
I think Sinclair is in better form than Lycett , Sinclair performs when he is selected in the seniors where as Lycett just doesn't hit the mark for mine.

I think Sinclair is in better form than Lycett , Sinclair performs when he is selected in the seniors where as Lycett just doesn't hit the mark for mine.
He does?

Sinclair is overrated. Lycett performed very well with his run last year.

I think he has finally found some form rather than a spot.
He has been rotated through the wings and half forward already this year.
Yes, and was largely underwhelming. It is down back that he has truly impressed.

In: Lycett, Sheed, Tunbridge, Butler, Kennedy, Sheppard
Out: Cox, Schofield, Brown, Cripps, Rosa, Hutchings

Cox is past it replaced by Lycett,
Sheed to play the whole game in the midfield
Tunbridge to take Cripps position, I like Cripps in our team he's a real talent but 3 touches can't be tolerated!
Butler to the back line, we are way to tall down there.
Schofield still can't kick after 100 games and is too laconic for mine.
Very stiff on Brown but 4 talls down back is way too top heavy, it not as if Hurn is a small defender either.
Rosa was crap last week, gets a stint with EP.
Wellingham moves to the wing for the full game.
Sheppard back to the HBF
I just don't think Hutchings is the answer to our midfield issues, happy to be wrong though.
Priddis to Sub.

Bennell Glass Butler

Hurn Mackenzie Sheppard

Wellingham Shuey Gaff

Tunbridge McGovern Masten

LeCras Kennedy Darling

Naitanui, Yeo, Selwood

Sheed, Ellis, Lycett

Sub: Priddis

Tunbridge, Masten, Ellis and JD to also rotate through the centre square.

Priddis can come on in the last when others may have slowed almost to his speed, he would be good for 10 touches.

I totally agree with dropping Cox because he is just playing for free kicks IMO , but why is Lycett ahead of Sinclair ?

All the more reason to play him. It can take a player 50 games to come into their own so most clubs play their youngsters no matter what to see progress. WC just play them once or twice, and if they dont get 30 diposals and 3 goals, they are dropped for another 6 months.

He's probably been our best or second-best performing midfielder for the season though.

And you've got the other best-performing midfielder as the sub. Don't think that's the best way to solve our woes in the middle.

Naitanui is not a midfielder. Doesn't have the tank, running power or football nous to play that position. Ever
Ever? He's barely completed a pre-season, he's still growing into his (large) body. He's extremely agile, so give him some time to get the next bit right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ever? He's barely completed a pre-season, he's still growing into his (large) body. He's extremely agile, so give him some time to get the next bit right.
He hasn't got the build to ever be a midfielder. The repeated long runs are just not his go, and it's not a criticism.

Sure, chuck him in the centre square occasionally when Lycett/Cox rucks, but it doesn't make him a midfielder.

I dont know about you, but I don't want our midfield lacking belief in front of the sticks, so much so that he hands it to a defender in a position that aint much better. It's this complancy that is seeing us where we are today.

Let me ask you this. Would you prefer Hutchings or Mitchell from the Swans? I know I'd go the latter, which points to the issue.
I think you're being a bit harsh on him. Why is Mitchell not getting a game for the swans, i'm not sure why?

Fans (the sane ones) never turn on their champions unless they are well and truly shot. They are given much greater benefit of the doubt to bounce back than most because they are always remembered for what they have done, but at some point a string of poor performances does not even save champions from the ire of fans. It often takes the player too long to admit it and the coaches too long to boot a champion from the team.

But as soon as a mature player (champion or not) is unable to give measurably more than a developing younger player it is time to step aside.

Your time has come Cox, you have nothing more to offer this horrible season, bow out on your own accord, you have been one of the very best.

Out - Cox
In - Sinclair or Lycett

In: Lycett, Sheed, Tunbridge, Butler, Kennedy, Sheppard
Out: Cox, Schofield, Brown, Cripps, Rosa, Hutchings

Cox is past it replaced by Lycett,
Sheed to play the whole game in the midfield
Tunbridge to take Cripps position, I like Cripps in our team he's a real talent but 3 touches can't be tolerated!
Butler to the back line, we are way to tall down there.
Schofield still can't kick after 100 games and is too laconic for mine.
Very stiff on Brown but 4 talls down back is way too top heavy, it not as if Hurn is a small defender either.
Wellingham moves to the wing for the full game.
Sheppard back to the HBF
I just don't think Hutchings is the answer to our midfield issues, happy to be wrong though.
Priddis to Sub.
Brown has been very good and was one of our best against Hawthorn. McGovern isn't yet deserving of a 'permanent' spot at either end and you certainly couldn't drop Brown for him. In any case you could very easily play Brown, EMac and Glass, with McGovern spending time forward and back.

Cripps has been good. If you were going to drop players on individual poor performances regardless of their runs on the board you wouldn't be bringing Kennedy back into the team.

Rosa again has been very good. Wasn't nearly our worst on the weekend either.

Priddis as the sub beggars belief.

Have you been drinking

Brown has been very good and was one of our best against Hawthorn. McGovern isn't yet deserving of a 'permanent' spot at either end and you certainly couldn't drop Brown for him. In any case you could very easily play Brown, EMac and Glass, with McGovern spending time forward and back.

Cripps has been good. If you were going to drop players on individual poor performances regardless of their runs on the board you wouldn't be bringing Kennedy back into the team.

Rosa again has been very good. Wasn't nearly our worst on the weekend either.

Priddis as the sub beggars belief.

Have you been drinking
I've always been drinking:D

He's probably been our best or second-best performing midfielder for the season though.

And you've got the other best-performing midfielder as the sub. Don't think that's the best way to solve our woes in the middle.
Maybe not. So does that mean you think Priddis is the answer?
Priddis and Rosa are both slow, I am hoping Simpson injects some more pace into the team.
As far as I'm concerned that is the major thing holding our team back.
I know my team selections will be nowhere near the selected side, just stuffing around on a Tuesday evening, but I hope Simpson does change things up a bit, our season is stuffed why not try some new things?

also our best clearance player, and fit our most dangerous forward.
Next captain as he is our only combatant

Yes NN has great potential. We have all seen it. In a team with obvious weaknesses a coach must make the best use of all resources. Our three big weakness are:
1. lack of motivation that sees the team play inconsistently throughout a game (for example end of 2nd and 3rd quarters against hawks) - This is a big problem for the coach. Perhaps the problem is the reward system that rewards NN with 800K when he is not performing. (Another player might say "hey I bust my arse every week and I only get 300K".) Not saying this is happening but the lack of motivation is obvious (example the game against north)
2. Skinny small midfield recruited for a time long past. The coach must overcome this - NN may be better used to overcome this problem. Darling and Yeo are also good candidates. None have to be running around in the midfield all day - they take their turn.
3. We have a dysfunctional forward line because we do not have a decent CHF. Maybe we do now- McGovern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Gold Coast Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back