Changes VS Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

That's exactly what I was thinking during the game. Steele looked a little down on confidence. Beams is a good fit.

Other than that, there were no obvious candidates. We had a few players down, but it was a really solid effort.

I don't know how useful it is to drop a young developing kid like Sidebottom. I think it can be better to give him a run of games and get him into the swing of it, and show him some confidence.

In: Beams

Out: Fraser

We don't need two talls, and L.Brown can ruck backline, Cloke forward if need be. Fraser is also one of the worst footballers in the league. Calamity after calamity. Maybe also out - Johnson, in Goldsack, but that's just a personal preference.

I'll second that... Rusty will get back and soon.

Cue the predictable sheep... Johnson, Brown and OBree should be dropped:)...

while we're at it let's drop Toovey also:D

Sheep? Of course... :rolleyes:

Beams must come in, because he deserves to be there. But is dropping Sidebottom really a good option, given we're playing Melbourne? It will give him a chance to regain his touch. I would personally rather see Johnson out than Sidebottom, and I have to say, Obree/Ball didn't work today, so that's not out of the question either. Brown on the other hand was very good.

I'd consider resting more players. This is Melbourne we're talking about, we've got the depth etc so why not rest a few players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No changes unless forced I think you'll find. No need to be rotating players after round 1. Toovey played a poor tactical game standing so far off Murphy but some video will fix that up you'd think. Else all is rosy. Need to build some form into Clokey this week, but good chance to fatten up my supercoach team this week.

I'd consider resting more players. This is Melbourne we're talking about, we've got the depth etc so why not rest a few players.

No! No! No! No! I'm more nervous about Melbourne than I was about the Doggies. Full strength squad against the Dees. I don't care what people have to say about this post, thats the truth.

Was I watching a different game? What did Johnson do wrong??

Didn't do much wrong. Got caught a few times when he was searching for his left side, but everyone made mistakes. I just think Beams has to come in if we are to move forward as a side, and unfortunately for Johnson, I can't see any better candidate to be dropped. Sidebottom was probably worse, but again, we're playing Melbourne, the kid has proven his ability, he just needs to find his touch and round 2 should give him a chance to do so.

I would of said
In: Beams Out: Steele
at half time.

But Steele did a lot of great things in the second half.
I suggest we re-watch the second half. Lots of posatives.
His negatives were very minor mistakes which dropping him won't rectify.

not a fan of toovey's game today, would perhaps bring goldy in the side for him. i don't think it will happen, but i would consider it personally.

i was pleasantly surprised with johnson today, done enough to keep his spot. we need to get beams in, but it's pretty hard to drop anyone after such a great win. maybe sidebottom, but he came into it in the second half. really struggling with his kicking penetration. bit of a worry.

Cannot see the point in both Ball and O'Bree playing personally, I think we're more than good enough in close with just one of them. I realise this won't be happening though.

In Beams
Out Sidebottom

Is what I expect to happen, assuming there are no injuries/reports.

We'll take the 4 points home with us anyway, so I won't be kicking up any tantrums over a selection or two.

. Fraser is also one of the worst footballers in the league. Calamity after calamity.

I don't post much but thats just clueless. For mine he had a good game and provides a little of an Xfactor. Leroy was good with the physicality and its concurrent inspiration but on the basis of influence on the game you might as well send Trav to the twos as well.
I really wouldn't tinker with side unless its forced on us through injury, ( Steele maybe just maybe), combinations are important.
perhaps Trav and Jack should change possys or what about Trav at CHB??

TBH, I'd rest a couple of our young 'uns - Wellers, Swan and Pendles. I know, call me crazy but we have a BIG game against the 'Aints in RD 3 and I'd like to have a fresh, rested squad.

Bring in Beams, 'Caff and Dawes and let them bash the Ds around and then you can weigh up who'll be the best fit for Rd 3. Clokey and Jack need next week to find some target practice with Lockyer and Sidey spotting up targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes VS Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back