Changes VS Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

No changes for mine, no need to change a winning outfit. Everyone played their part today and deserve a guernsey next week.

Beams is just going to have to bide his time in my opinion.

Sheep? Of course... :rolleyes:

Beams must come in, because he deserves to be there. But is dropping Sidebottom really a good option, given we're playing Melbourne? It will give him a chance to regain his touch. I would personally rather see Johnson out than Sidebottom, and I have to say, Obree/Ball didn't work today, so that's not out of the question either. Brown on the other hand was very good.

You would personally rather see Johnson dropped because he played well in his team roll and played well...

Good theory!

Was I watching a different game? What did Johnson do wrong??

Welcome to the sheep

IN- Dawes, Beams OUT- L.Brown, S.Sidebottom

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....

Drop Leigh Brown...

For Dawes...

Seriously... stop it! Watch the game before your bias comments. Leigh Brown the new Charlie ob Craig Kelly... 1 instead of 2... i'll take that

not a fan of toovey's game today, would perhaps bring goldy in the side for him. i don't think it will happen, but i would consider it personally.

i was pleasantly surprised with johnson today, done enough to keep his spot. we need to get beams in, but it's pretty hard to drop anyone after such a great win. maybe sidebottom, but he came into it in the second half. really struggling with his kicking penetration. bit of a worry.
y..

Drop Toovey! LOL...

LOL!

Seriously, thats funny stuff:thumbsu:

Actually yeah considering next match is Melbourne might as well keep Steele in. We could play our VFL side and still win so it's a good chance to let him get some confidence and find his touch. Gotta find a spot for Beams somewhere though.

In: Dawes Beams

Out: Sidebottom Fraser/L Brown

Dawes in for Fraser or Lethal...

HHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAHHHhhaaaaaahhhaHHHhhhhahaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHAHAHAAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Seriously stop it guys! My kidneys hurt!

I seriously think we could and maybe should make 3-4 changes next week, simply because we have two 6 day breaks now.

Use the Melbourne game to test Ben Reid or Nathan brown out at "easy AFL level", and maybe also play MaCarthy or McCaffer.

Beams is the only certainity to come in, most likely for Sidebottom.

The only reason we would make more then one changes is suspensions or for rotation sakes.

We have huge depth now, why not use it when the draw is "unfair" to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would personally rather see Johnson dropped because he played well in his team roll and played well...

Good theory!

What the hell is a roll? Why was he at the bakery?

Johnson played "okay", Beams is still a better option.

Stop ****ing trying to belittle people because their opinion differs to yours. It doesn't make them sheep, it makes you an arrogant twat. We had an outstanding win, but that doesn't make players immune to being dropped for someone who is a better player.

In: Dawes Beams

Out: Sidebottom Fraser/L Brown

I've go an idea...

Lets drop Didak, Swan, Pendle's, Davis, Daisy, Maxwell, Cloke, Shaw, Harry, Jolly, Fraser, Ball and Obree...

For Dawes!

Surely a man with this much hype can play Melbourne by himself!

(Sorry... must drop Jono, Lethal, Obree and Toovey... but thats just standard)

There's some really funny stuff on this site:D

^^^ I reckon Dawes would of provided as much if not more then JA and Cloke did today.
Your being pretty harsh on him Smoky.

Cloke was really poor he had to go kick chasing all the way to the defensive 50 to get a touch.

After last season I hope it's not a sign of things to come from our CHF.

I don't think the team will change, players need a few games to blow out the cobwebs and melbourne is just the team to get JA and Cloke in form.

Dawes and Beams would be my inclusions if any (not directly for the 2 above either bfr someone says anything).

In: Beams
Out: Sidebottom

Beams is in our best 22 and on today, Sidebottom is the obvious out. I don't see the need to give other fringe players a go, they can impress in the 2's to get their shot. Just makes the competition for spots better. :thumbsu:

What the hell is a roll? Why was he at the bakery?

Johnson played "okay", Beams is still a better option.

Stop ****ing trying to belittle people because their opinion differs to yours. It doesn't make them sheep, it makes you an arrogant twat. We had an outstanding win, but that doesn't make players immune to being dropped for someone who is a better player.
Johnson has earned his spot for years...

and does not in any way deserve to lose his spot from tonights performance. If you think he does that's fine... (and quite funny!)

For years people on this site have called for Jono's head... but tonight I watched through my Collingwood one eye... not my (Jono's head must roll one eye...)

DOES JONO DESERVE TO BE DROPPED?

Answer the question... or continue your quest like the rest of the sheep - I have my own opinion... <seems to be the same as the selection committee over the past 3 years... as opposed to posters on this site - but what would they know!)

P.S:- I asked a question

^^^ I reckon Dawes would of provided as much if not more then JA and Cloke did today.

Cloke was really poor he had to go kick chasing all the way to the defensive 50 to get a touch.

I don't think the team will change, players need a few games to blow out the cobwebs and melbourne is just the team to get JA and Cloke in form.

Dawes and Beams would be my inclusions.

Don't bring your sheepishness here! Sheep ra ra ra ra hilarious ra ra ra ra ra I know better than you.

If we were playing a top side then Beams for Sidebottom would be my only change. Given it is Melbourne I'd give Sidebottom another chance and bring in Beams and Dawes for Brown and Jolly. Jolly was ordinary and I wouldn't mind setting a benchmark that will make everyone take notice. Brown did some handy things but you can't accpet his f'ups IMO.

That said, why change a side that beat the premiership favorites and beat them well. Handy position to be in albeit after just 1 game.

No one suggested dropping Cloke or JA for Dawes...

Thats a thought I'm happy to entertain.

I'd put JA out first... but seriously think Cloke would lose his spot if we played all 3 for 2 possies...

I love them all - but Cloke never converts with any consistency.

(I'm happy for anyone to prove me wrong... especially Trav!)

IN: Beams, Macaffer
OUT: O'Bree, Sidebottom

O'Bree to be rested against Melbourne and come in against the Saints. Sidebottom doesn't deserve to hold his spot when there's equally young players knocking on the door - it wasn't so much his miskicks, as those will happen occasionally, but rather some really poor efforts defensively and in the air that should cost him his spot.

Johnson has earned his spot for years...

and does not in any way deserve to lose his spot from tonights performance. If you think he does that's fine... (and quite funny!)

For years people on this site have called for Jono's head... but tonight I watched through my Collingwood one eye... not my (Jono's head must roll one eye...)

DOES JONO DESERVE TO BE DROPPED?

Answer the question... or continue your quest like the rest of the sheep - I have my own opinion... <seems to be the same as the selection committee over the past 3 years... as opposed to posters on this site - but what would they know!)

P.S:- I asked a question

And there it is. You're basing it on reputation. He has earned his spot for years! Remember 2006, he was fantastic, he should play every week in 2010 because of it!

P.S. I saw your question. I'm not a ****ing sheep, I have my own opinion and don't just roll [see that, I used roll in the right context] with the emotions of a result. In other words, a win does not guarantee all participants a spot the following week. I'll reiterate what I said and you failed to address. Ben Johnson was "okay" today. He did a few good things, and made some very poor mistakes. In my opinion, he brings nothing to the side that Dayne Beams does not, except experience, which we have in spades anyhow. Beams should have played today anyway, and in my eyes, Johnson is the optimal candidate to be replaced by Beams because for his level of experience, he simply does not provide the output necessary to keep the most promising youngster we've had in years out of the side. Was Johnson better than Sidebottom? Marginally, yes. Is Sidebottom a developing kid who needs consecutive games to adapt? Yes. My conclusion, derived from my opinion, is that Johnson should make way for Dayne Beams next week.

Anything else sheep? Or are you going to just go with the flow and say that everyone was outstanding and nothing should ever change? No? Well then **** off and let people have their own opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes VS Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back