Changes VS Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

No change unless L Brown is suspended. I honestly was unaware of any incident though.

If he is, by the way, just bring Beams in.

I get the sense that the game and certain players' efforts looked differently on TV. At the ground I wasn't upset with Toovey's game, but I thought Fraser was very ordinary. L Brown made mistakes but redeemed himself. I don't think BJ can be dropped on that game.

IN: Beams, Macaffer
OUT: O'Bree, Sidebottom

O'Bree to be rested against Melbourne and come in against the Saints. Sidebottom doesn't deserve to hold his spot when there's equally young players knocking on the door - it wasn't so much his miskicks, as those will happen occasionally, but rather some really poor efforts defensively and in the air that should cost him his spot.

Fair call...

I'd be happy letting an old warhorse have a week off.

And there it is. You're basing it on reputation. He has earned his spot for years! Remember 2006, he was fantastic, he should play every week in 2010 because of it!

P.S. I saw your question. I'm not a ****ing sheep, I have my own opinion and don't just roll [see that, I used roll in the right context] with the emotions of a result. In other words, a win does not guarantee all participants a spot the following week. I'll reiterate what I said and you failed to address. Ben Johnson was "okay" today. He did a few good things, and made some very poor mistakes. In my opinion, he brings nothing to the side that Dayne Beams does not, except experience, which we have in spades anyhow. Beams should have played today anyway, and in my eyes, Johnson is the optimal candidate to be replaced by Beams because for his level of experience, he simply does not provide the output necessary to keep the most promising youngster we've had in years out of the side. Was Johnson better than Sidebottom? Marginally, yes. Is Sidebottom a developing kid who needs consecutive games to adapt? Yes. My conclusion, derived from my opinion, is that Johnson should make way for Dayne Beams next week.

Anything else sheep? Or are you going to just go with the flow and say that everyone was outstanding and nothing should ever change? No? Well then **** off and let people have their own opinion.

Very Poor Mistakes you say...

When, what.... WTF??

Example(s)... cause obviously he made sooooooooo many!

Give me some... (as you said he made???)

No change unless L Brown is suspended. I honestly was unaware of any incident though.

If he is, by the way, just bring Beams in.

I get the sense that the game and certain players' efforts looked differently on TV. At the ground I wasn't upset with Toovey's game, but I thought Fraser was very ordinary. L Brown made mistakes but redeemed himself. I don't think BJ can be dropped on that game.

From TV... If the Unit gets 1...

Kosi will get 5

(But it was F####n awesome - flashbacks to Brodie first week of finals)

If we were playing a top side then Beams for Sidebottom would be my only change. Given it is Melbourne I'd give Sidebottom another chance and bring in Beams and Dawes for Brown and Jolly. Jolly was ordinary and I wouldn't mind setting a benchmark that will make everyone take notice. Brown did some handy things but you can't accpet his f'ups IMO.

That said, why change a side that beat the premiership favorites and beat them well. Handy position to be in albeit after just 1 game.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Drop Jolly and Brown to leave Fraser to ruck alone against the underrated Jamar and co? Seriously, come on!

isnt beams suspended for 2 matches by the club for breaking his curfew?
This the first that I have heard of a 2 match suspension for Beams, is it true? and if it is was today considered his first or second. I know he was dropped for the prackie match for breaking curfew but I have heard nothing else about it.

This the first that I have heard of a 2 match suspension for Beams, is it true? and if it is was today considered his first or second. I know he was dropped for the prackie match for breaking curfew but I have heard nothing else about it.

im not to clear about it nither i just heard about it today.

Fair call...

I'd be happy letting an old warhorse have a week off.

Very Poor Mistakes you say...

When, what.... WTF??

Example(s)... cause obviously he made sooooooooo many!

Give me some... (as you said he made???)

Can't just give them off the top of my head. Will wait til I watch it again. The one that I remember most though is when he had the chance to run inboard and deliver to a loose man in the corridor, but he went to his left side [boundary side] as usual, his handball was smothered, and the ball went out of bounds. Opportunity wasted. Was the second quarter from memory.

Unfortunately I don't have a photographic memory, so I can't list them at will. But I do remember saying a few times that he made a poor decision by going the wrong option or by being caught out for being one-sided.

Give me some examples as to why Johnson is better than Beams. :eek:

I won't bother waiting, because it's an impossible task. Bye for now.

No change

For those that didn't play well I think deserve another go against Melbourne this week unless there are any forced changes.

why is there even a thread on this, they'll be no changes unless forced, or unless for some inexplicable reason they want to play another tall down back, but against Melbourne - doubtful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there it is. You're basing it on reputation. He has earned his spot for years! Remember 2006, he was fantastic, he should play every week in 2010 because of it!

P.S. I saw your question. I'm not a ****ing sheep, I have my own opinion and don't just roll [see that, I used roll in the right context] with the emotions of a result. In other words, a win does not guarantee all participants a spot the following week. I'll reiterate what I said and you failed to address. Ben Johnson was "okay" today. He did a few good things, and made some very poor mistakes. In my opinion, he brings nothing to the side that Dayne Beams does not, except experience, which we have in spades anyhow. Beams should have played today anyway, and in my eyes, Johnson is the optimal candidate to be replaced by Beams because for his level of experience, he simply does not provide the output necessary to keep the most promising youngster we've had in years out of the side. Was Johnson better than Sidebottom? Marginally, yes. Is Sidebottom a developing kid who needs consecutive games to adapt? Yes. My conclusion, derived from my opinion, is that Johnson should make way for Dayne Beams next week.

Anything else sheep? Or are you going to just go with the flow and say that everyone was outstanding and nothing should ever change? No? Well then **** off and let people have their own opinion.

Agree with all this. Well said.

Out: Johnson

In: Beams

In: Beams Out: Sidey

I didn't think Sidey was terrible, but he had a few chances and didn't kick as well as we know he can. Nothing wrong with giving him a run in the two's just so he knows he has a bit of pressure on to perform. Beams is too good a player to leave out of the team.

Give me some examples as to why Johnson is better than Beams. :eek:

because under pressure Johnson is more mature, beams will get there but not yet. and can someone teach Johnson to kick on his right side! Beams and N.Brown in, Toovey and Sidey out, but that also depends on the size of Melbourne forward line.

If we were playing a top side then Beams for Sidebottom would be my only change. Given it is Melbourne I'd give Sidebottom another chance and bring in Beams and Dawes for Brown and Jolly. Jolly was ordinary and I wouldn't mind setting a benchmark that will make everyone take notice. Brown did some handy things but you can't accpet his f'ups IMO.

That said, why change a side that beat the premiership favorites and beat them well. Handy position to be in albeit after just 1 game.

Didn't know Dawes could ruck?

**** there is still the same old sh1t on these boards.

B.Johnson has his haters....in the same category as the we cant win a premiership with O'Bree in the team.

Fecking treat each season on its own.

One game down, B.Johnson had a good game, provided lots of run and carry.....he deserves a game in rnd 2.

If being harsh I though Jolly was probably our worst player today....should we drop Jolly, well if Wood was fit and ready to go perhaps not a bad idea (as MarkT suggested, make sure everybody is accountable, dropping our big name recruit would send a big message to the entire squad).

After Jolly id prob have Anthony, Cloke and Sidey as the three poorest players.....wouldn't be dropping any of them just yet.....but on notice that they need to pick up their game.

Blokes like Beams, McCarthy, Dawes need to be banging down the door and forcing their way into the team.

No change

Toovey was given an absolute bath by Murphy today and Steele wasn't at his best but both earn a repreive because there is no use making changes for changes sake.

Rubbish. Murphy played well and took a couple of great contested marks, but Toovey did everything he needed to and was also good when helping out in other contests. Spoiled well and is growing in composure when he has the ball. Will not be dropped.

No change. Give Steele another game, similar performance to today and in comes Beams.

Mick has always gone the 'Horses for Courses' route regarding selection. So looking at the Melbourne team, I'm wondering if they have someone we can match Presti to? If not, maybe it wouldn't hurt to omit him for a quicker, lighter player such as Beams or Goldy.

The demons seems to be quite fleet footed, if a bit light, and despite not setting the world on fire against the hawks, they do have some talented players that could cause us some trouble.

I am over the freakin' moon about beating the doggies. Even with all of their 'flu' excuses that are coming out. But it worries me that we talk about lesser teams like they're glorified VFL squads. It was that attitude that allowed low-budget teams like Fremantle beat us in Melbourne, not so long ago.

We need our best squad that matches up against the demons and then we need to obliterate them. Not take it easy and come away with a three or four goal win. That would almost annoy me more than losing...almost.

Oh for an extra spot on the bench!

Beams could come come in for "The Boot", but not for form reasons.
Wellers scone is probably a bit sore.
Hard to pick any player who deserves demotion and without VFL form, just as hard to argue for elevation.

As has been suggested I reckon any changes will be horses for courses in nature and we may see a young bloke get a look in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes VS Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back