Preview Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

What I see in him is speed, aggression and a sense of urgency.

I just hope he can surpass Bailey Smith's 2% retention rate going I50.
All those are good attributes but he also has to get the ball. He averages 10 disposals and 5 kicks and my recollection is that his disposal is not much better than Smith’s ( but maybe Specsavers would help in this regard ?) Smith also averages considerably more tackles believe it or not.

All those are good attributes but he also has to get the ball. He averages 10 disposals and 5 kicks and my recollection is that his disposal is not much better than Smith’s ( but maybe Specsavers would help in this regard ?) Smith also averages considerably more tackles believe it or not.
Mmm, maybe, but VDM would come in in a different position to that that the stats largely reflect.

Also, Bailey Smith's kicking efficiency and retention rate is the lowest bar I've seen since Tom Thumb did the limbo.

Mmm, maybe, but VDM would come in in a different position to that that the stats largely reflect.

Also, Bailey Smith's kicking efficiency and retention rate is the lowest bar I've seen since Tom Thumb did the limbo.
Well I hope you’re right. It just seems to me that there’s something wrong with our list build if an injury prone VDM has to be given a 2 year extension because he’s the only one with speed, aggression, speed, a sense of urgency and ummm … speed.

Not saying it can’t work out for him - I hope it does - but gee it’s a worry based on his career to date.

Well I hope you’re right. It just seems to me that there’s something wrong with our list build if an injury prone VDM has to be given a 2 year extension because he’s the only one with speed, aggression, speed, a sense of urgency and ummm … speed.

Not saying it can’t work out for him - I hope it does - but gee it’s a worry based on his career to date.
And it's perfectly reasonable that his injury history would make one/anyone a little uneasy.

But speed is one of those things, isn't it? You either have it, or you don't.

And I feel the need, the need for speed.

Whilst he was playing for GWS, I don't think there's much doubt about what those big hands were for.

I regretted writing that as soon as I posted it knowing what was coming next 🤪

Now he just needs to find some core strength in contests and work out what those big hands are for.
Averaging 2.5 marks per game, which is his worst return since his first season of AFL. Is there something to be said about our team's delivery?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phew looks like no Poulter I would suspect it would have been announced by now. Please no Hannan or McComb and not both Gardiner and O'Brien.
Will you settle for Hannan and McComb and then one of Gardner and O’Brien ?

Knowing MC all 4 play

Early news is Boak and Dixon back for Port, I’d say our only change would be Ed out for either VDM/Cleary/Croz

What I want:
Outs: Richards (Hamstring), JOD, Gardner, TOB. McNeil
Ins: Poulter, Clearly, Keath, Bruce, VDM

What I think will happen:
Outs: Richards, McSteal
Ins: VDM, Crozier

Amazing that in Port's official pre game review they have a section about free kicks 😁😁😁
Even more amazing is that they quote the free kick differential from round 12 2022 rather than 2023, which for some reason has been doing the rounds on social media this week.

This is off the Port Adelaide website (Hinkley expecting fierce Friday night battle):
Screenshot_20230608_175344_Chrome.jpg

And the actual stats after round 12 2023:
8hyfuuy5304b1.jpg

Quality work form the Port media team :$

Keath Bruce, VDM, West In
Gardner, TOB, Richards, Baker, McNeil Out.

Assume Baker will be sub? Unless bevo picks his favourite hannan again

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back