Preview Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Richards, o'brien, gardner
In: poulter, cleary, Bruce (forward)
O'Donnell needs to go to defence or back to vfl.
Well it would be fun seeing the 54 go around

I have Gards in my outs but will not be salty if he stays in

Held the best forward in the competition to 2 goals, one a dodgy free.

Why we ever switch to him with his kicking skills I will never know, hence why I have him as an out.

But defensively he does ok so I do not understand the vitriol he sometimes cops

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have Gards in my outs but will not be salty if he stays in

Held the best forward in the competition to 2 goals, one a dodgy free.

Why we ever switch to him with his kicking skills I will never know, hence why I have him as an out.

But defensively he does ok so I do not understand the vitriol he sometimes cops

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jeremy Cameron had a lot of impact on the match beyond the goals he kicked, and suggesting he was held to 2 goals is a skewed way to describe a game from a forward who had 21 disposals, 2 goals, 10 score involvements, 5 inside 50s, etc. Some of our forwards would dearly like to be held to such a game.

The expectations on Gardner just keep getting lower and lower. If his teammates can't consider him a viable option to kick to uncontested when we switch across the back line because his kicking skills can't be trusted. Then the list of play actions that he is considered capable of handling must be getting remarkably small.

I'd put money on Poulter coming into the backline, we need speed off halfback now we've lost both JJ and Ed.
I thought I read he wasn't very quick. Would explain why MC is flirting with the Vandermeer option.

Cleary in for Richards. Like for like, good VFL form, let’s see what he can do.

O’Brien out, send JOD down back full time. We’ve been too tall and lacked run since JJ went down and haven’t even tried to replace him. VDM in as a defender to bring some speed.

If you want Gardner out for Bruce too I won’t fight you.

Jeremy Cameron had a lot of impact on the match beyond the goals he kicked, and suggesting he was held to 2 goals is a skewed way to describe a game from a forward who had 21 disposals, 2 goals, 10 score involvements, 5 inside 50s, etc. Some of our forwards would dearly like to be held to such a game.

The expectations on Gardner just keep getting lower and lower. If his teammates can't consider him a viable option to kick to uncontested when we switch across the back line because his kicking skills can't be trusted. Then the list of play actions that he is considered capable of handling must be getting remarkably small.

Yeah but Cameron may be the best player in the competition. Gardner is unlikely to receive that accolade.

Gardner isn't as awful as you think he is; he isn't as great as some others think he is. I do agree with you that he isn't a 'developing' player. This is his level. Any improvement will be measurement in millimetres.

Out:
Richards
In: Cleary

What i really want

Out: TOB, Gardner, McNeil
In: Keath, Bruce, Poulter

but fully expect us to bring in Roarke Smith after one VFL game cause Bevo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot understand the push for Poulter there are lot of players I would be putting un before him. Cleary, Crozier, VDM, West, Buku.
Do you not watch the VFL? Cleary and West yes should be before him, Buku has been woeful for 2 weeks now and his "good" games were him kicking late goals when the game is over compared to Poulter who was impacting games when the game is on the line, Laith has only just come back and needs to settle in the VFL first and Croz isn't taking us forward

Do you not watch the VFL? Cleary and West yes should be before him, Buku has been woeful for 2 weeks now and his "good" games were him kicking late goals when the game is over compared to Poulter who was impacting games when the game is on the line, Laith has only just come back and needs to settle in the VFL first and Croz isn't taking us forward
West hasn't been setting the world on fire either and plays in a different position.

Out:
Richards
In: Cleary

What i really want

Out: TOB, Gardner, McNeil
In: Keath, Bruce, Poulter

but fully expect us to bring in Roarke Smith after one VFL game cause Bevo
I’d be happy for Roarke to come in for Oskar Baker. Baker is an awful decision maker, often kills momentum trying to double back onto his right foot, can’t hit a target to save himself and will often get caught trying to do too much.

Poulters last 2 weeks have been quite poor also, definitely not good enough to be pushing for and AFL game.

I watch maybe 50% of the games and what I see form Poulter is an underweight kid that needs a big pre season in the gym and nowhere near AFL standard at present. I think the only reason we picked him was our commitment to giving our VFL listed players a go.

Out. Ed
In. Crozier

Out Arty just not impacting enough bar 1 game
In West as small forward

Out JOD
In Bruce as deeper forward with Lobb which take Naughts up the ground with JUH.

Out TOB
In Cleary

Not sure about Keath for Gardner. Gardy had some ordinary moments but also save our bacon now and then. Turnovers hurt any backline and between shocking kicks, not hitting free players inside 50 and kicking points we sure turned it over a heap.

I love the idea of Arty and Cody as 2 smalls but neither is setting the world on fire. Would like to see Cody actually play as a small instead of a high flying forward this week. If not Scott can have his role.

Praying Ads is ok this week as need him for Butters. Not sure we can cover pace of Rozee also though midfield.
Poulter I had high hopes we’d get him in trade period. Then thought we’d dodged a bullet only to now see him on list. Still taking Bakers pressure and pace over him

Last edited:
He didn’t start the game with the knee strapping so something is seriously bothering him. At the game last night he couldn’t cover any ground away from the ball in the second half.
He went down the race not long after Ed iirc. Came back after quite a while, strapped up.

He went down the race not long after Ed iirc. Came back after quite a while, strapped up.
Ed probably did the team thing and said "Doc, my hammy's fkd anyway, just do a quick knee transplant onto the Bont. I'll go on the LTI."

Zimmer's a genius, even under pressure.

And Richards for clubman of the year. Bookmark it. Also keep an eye out for red hairs growing out of Bont's knee. That'd clinch it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back