Changes vs The Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would move Boyd back to his midfield role while Wallis is out too. Need some grunt in there.
This is an interesting one. He'd no doubt provide the grunt we require in Mitch's absence but his weaknesses (that saw him in danger of being off the list before we lost so much experience) will shine through again without a doubt.

I'd be inclined to give others a go to stand up - Bontempelli, Jong, Honeychurch, Dahlhaus, Stringer in spurts, Hrovat, Stevens, Picken etc - and start Boyd back in defence. If we show we need him - he can be moved in there. But I wouldn't start him in the middle.

This is an interesting one. He'd no doubt provide the grunt we require in Mitch's absence but his weaknesses (that saw him in danger of being off the list before we lost so much experience) will shine through again without a doubt.

I'd be inclined to give others a go to stand up - Bontempelli, Jong, Honeychurch, Dahlhaus, Stringer in spurts, Hrovat, Stevens, Picken etc - and start Boyd back in defence. If we show we need him - he can be moved in there. But I wouldn't start him in the middle.

Fair enough. Not sure Honey will make it though, looked very sore.

Out: Wallis, Morris, Cordy, Goodes, Honeychurch
In: Boyd, Hamling, Redpath, Bonti, Hunter

I would move Boyd back to his midfield role while Wallis is out too. Need some grunt in there.

Really liked Webbs game. Push him into the midfield when wood is back so he can deliver to our forwards.

Boyd to stay in defence, he is working great there lets just keep him there whilst Wood and Morris are out injured.

Webby can rotate a bit more through the wings now to help that delivery inside the forward line.

This is going to sound weird, but maybe it is time to give
Bailey Dale a run in the ones. He is just as likely to get
injured playing twos. I know he is not ready physically,
but playing Goodes as the sub makes no sense.

I think today was a tough day for all players with Bonty and Boyd out before the bounce then losing Morris and Wallis around qtr time. It was always going to be tuff without the above.

I would look to replace the inj players and maybe Goodes.

I think Fletcher must come in as his form has been solid for sometime including end of 2014.

So maybe Morris Wallis Goodes out fletch Bonty Boyd in.

Wood with his history should be given another week to be 110 per cent

Out: Morris, Goodes, Wallis
In: Boyd, Bontempelli, Hunter

Keep the game in perspective people. No need to make wholesale changes, that just messes with the dynamic and chemistry of the team and removes continuity

Keep the game in perspective people. No need to make wholesale changes, that just messes with the dynamic and chemistry of the team and removes continuity
cordy out too

If Morris goes out we'll need another tall back there. Walker, Lynch, Jenkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Cordy, Goodes, Wallis, Morris
In: Redpath, Roberts, Bontempelli, M.Boyd

I've got a weird feeling Honeychurch is going to come out of this injured (collarbone?). Did not look right to me.

I get the sense- after some thought- that Goodes' will get a crack in the centre doing what wallis was doing. He's struggled in the first 3 rounds and didn't put a great foot forward today but we re rookied him for a case like this. only needs to slot in for 2 weeks while Clay works his way back

Out - Morris
In - hamling. Seems like a no brainer and a good opportunity for the kid.

Out - Wallis
In - bonti

Out - Goodes
In - Boyd

Out - Stevens
In - hunter. Desperately need some more class.

I'm with dannnnnn. I have absolutely no idea what to do with the Cordy/redpath/Roberts/CHF mess.

Fb: hamling roughie Boyd
Hb: Webb talia murphy
C: macrae bonti JJ
Hf: Crameri ??????? Dickson
Ff: stringer Boyd honey
R: Minson Jong dal
Ic: hunter, grant, hrovat, picken

Grant is on super thin ice. Was weak today IMO. Can't be trusted.

OUT Ayce Cordy (for good, unless he can tear apart the VFL over multiple weeks)

I've tried to stay optimistic on Ayce in spite of all the evidence that spits in the face of such optimism.
I can't do it any longer. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

In: Boyd (if fit), Bont (if fit), Redpath, Hamling
Out: Cordy, Goodes, Morris (presuming weeks), Wallis (think a cork but it's a bad one in a very bad spot, may have to miss one)

Would love to bring in Smith but don't think that would happen cause it wouldn't be a part of his game/time plan.

Biggs maybe but from reports wasn't good.

Darley injured?
Spoke to Biggs's player sponsors who are family friends he was on limited game time only playing the first half and was planning to ramp his game time up next week doubt he will be ready to play a full game in the AFL next week.
One more VFL GAME before he's ready to go.

Guys come on the Smith calls are way too premature. We all want him back in the team, but it was his first game back after a LONG layoff and he is still on a minutes restriction for the VFL! Rushing him back into the 1s when it isn't necessary isn't smart, we want him for the next 5, 7, 10 years, let him get himself right and fully fit first, then unleash him on the poor midfielders of the AFL.

OUT :Cordy, Goods, Wallis (inj), Morris(inj)

IN: Redpath, Hunter or Boyd, Hamling, Bonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back