List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the '15 GF when they showed it at Subi oval (rubbish game but a great afternoon) I had a ping from 50 out.

Fell pitifully short. Had another shot from 40. Would've been a nice soft grab for any small defender - also a behind
I'm just not flexible enough to be an Aussie rules footballer :(

For players who just can't kick it 45+ - is it a technique or a strength thing? Not talking about dudes like X Ellis with his dodgy hammys, I mean prime age footballers
You would all recall Brian Sarre (spelling?) of Subi kicking a set shot goal over the mark with a drop kick from the wing behind the center circle. Some just have it - like a golf swing I guess.

The pieman keeping things close to his chest, didn’t seem to interested in Ginbey.

Well there you go for the whingers complaining we didn't get Meek, apparently WCE tried quite hard to convince him to go to WCE but he wanted to go home.

The pieman keeping things close to his chest, didn’t seem to interested in Ginbey.

Thanks for sharing. Good listen
Seems like we are still open for trading/pick swaps.
Pieman says best available so if Busslinger is there at 8 I think we will go him…which I don’t mind. Hopefully two good mids with the next two picks after if that’s the case

With time to think about it I'm actually quite happy with having 8 and 12 instead of 2.

Seems like, to massively generalise, Tier 1 is Ashcroft, Wardlaw and Sheezel

Then Tier 2 is about 15 players.

The squad will be losing a lot of talent over the next few years to retirement, loading up on first rd picks seems like a no brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Sydney drafted Angus last year they’ll be right. I thought Dark Sharks was gonna swap over to being a Sydney supporter for a while.
Pretty sure Hewett said he’d spoken to all clubs. But we can cling to the fiction he’ll get through to pick 20. If he does get through to pick 20, I’ll delete my account DarkSharks style.

Pretty sure Hewett said he’d spoken to all clubs. But we can cling to the fiction he’ll get through to pick 20. If he does get through to pick 20, I’ll delete my account DarkSharks style.
He won't get through to 20 but somewhere around 12-17 seems about his range.
As long as we take Phillipou at 8 I don't care who the pieman takes after that

You mean by not deleting it and just hiding in the bushes, lurking until it all blows over? images.jpg

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now for the optimistic amongst us who think Hewett could last to pick 20, aside from the above mentioned players, we’d need at least 7 of the following to be taken before him ;

Hotton
Hustwaite
Hayes
Konstanty
George
Weddle
Cowan
Keeler
Clarke
Gruzewski
Szybkowski
Burgiel
Random other bolters

If it comes to a choice between Hewett and one of these, who would you pick ahead of him , that would justify taking the chance he might still be there at 20

*I’m ignoring father son selections for this exercise
Hotton could he’s a pretty handy mid fwd type probably go in the teens.

Keeler could jump as a fwd/ruck option

Hayes or Weedle as kpd if a club is looking for one.

Hustwaite is a likely swans pick I reckon.

Doubt all of them would go before Hewitt

Reckon swans would go Hewitt at 15 or 17 but if they didn’t he still doesn’t get past the Giants.

If we don’t take Hewitt at 13 with the list you have above plus Jefferson.

14 Dees. Keeler (Jackson replacement)
15 Swans. Hotton (quality mid/fwd )
16 Giants. Hayes (key def)
17 pies. Jefferson (key fwd )
18 Swans. Hustwaite (tall def/mid)
19 Giants. Hewitt (Gonesky )
20 Giants. Konstanty (fwd)
21 Eagles C Judd. (Kid can play)

waynes-world-mike-myers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad