Coburg vs Willy - Score Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Tivendale will play next week and so he should. Clearly above VFL level

so what? he is clearly below AFL level these days - i think that would make a bigger difference to if he plays for Richmond

there is no way in hell tivendale should get a game

the only change will be richo for hughes

who else would u drop from that side yesterday to let Tivva get a run? honestly:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

any news on Petts leg injury? what is it? broken leg? knee? bruise?

Coburg gets up by 18 points. Great win over the top team.

110-92.

Richmond listed players:
Goals: Tivendale 4 Cartledge 2 Putt 2 Collins Graham Hyde
Bests: Tivendale JON Meyer Cartledge Rance Jackson Collins

I want Tivers to play AFL again for the following reasons -

1/ He tries really hard, and I am a nice man
2/ As King_Mallee said, he is clearly above VFL level and I just want one more look to see what he's got.
3/ We can't ignore form so good
4/ I really, really want to read the reactions of the posters on here if he is named. Will be hil-****ing-larious.

Having said that, he won't play because there's no-one whose spot he can take at the moment, especially with Richo coming back in.

so what? he is clearly below AFL level these days - i think that would make a bigger difference to if he plays for Richmond

there is no way in hell tivendale should get a game

the only change will be richo for hughes

who else would u drop from that side yesterday to let Tivva get a run? honestly:rolleyes::thumbsdown:

any news on Petts leg injury? what is it? broken leg? knee? bruise?
Petts on crutches after half time, will be assessed by Doc Hickey tomorrow. Didn't sound good when they were talking to O'Connor at half time.

JON was 'magnificent' according to the commentators and were hoping for an interview.

Come on now...worst player to ever strap on a boot..how can he have been?:eek:

Realistic Tiger said:
Bests: Tivendale JON Meyer Cartledge Rance Jackson Collins
Stop these lies and propaganda immediately! Who put you people up to this..?..Bloody ATSIC, I bet....communists...:mad::thumbsdown:

If we are no chance to make the final's in round 21 or 22, Tiva should be given a farewell game, but not if we are a chance.

Although he will probably move on, it would be good if he could play for Coburg next year. Probably unlikely though as he would probably earn alot more money playing divy 1 football somewhere similar to Paddy Bowden

Come on now...worst player to ever strap on a boot..how can he have been?:eek:

Stop these lies and propaganda immediately! Who put you people up to this..?..Bloody ATSIC, I bet....communists...:mad::thumbsdown:
Not just me who thought he was good.

BEST:

Coburg Tigers: Jackson Oakley-Nicholls Cartledge Tivendale Howat Meyer

Thats from the VFL site. ;)

Any player reports? You all know I follow Rance closely hahah but he's been mentioned in the bests not long ago? Cheers :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw both games today and several things stood out for me:

If Collard has any more gears he'd better show them. Even though he was good today he seemed rooted in the spot at times.

Gus Graham is a better option than Cartledge.

Meyer has improved markedly. His hip must have prevented him from getting to the contest. Today he was in-and-under and outside running.

Cogs is lacking touch and that's all, maybe one more game at Coburg.

JON will make it. Was unlucky to be dropped and has played with aplomb over the last 2 weeks.

Rance is also pressing but will probably have to wait 'till next year

Howat is probably gone along with Hyde, Tivendale and Petts (Trade)

Jacko is all heart but will either be traded or delisted.

Best today for me: Meyer, Jon, Jacko and Gus

think we have to give meyer a run - we need to find out about this kid by seasons end - his contract runs out and now he is fit, he is looking like the player we all hoped he was going to be when we drafted him

can't get too wrapped up in hoping to make the finals - everyone must realise it is a massive long shot. we still need to find out about a few of our young players - so at seasons end we can cut the list appropriately.

if we can cull the list and recruit very well (like last season) .... our future will be very very good

Q: what has happened to raines?

think we have to give meyer a run - we need to find out about this kid by seasons end - his contract runs out and now he is fit, he is looking like the player we all hoped he was going to be when we drafted him

can't get too wrapped up in hoping to make the finals - everyone must realise it is a massive long shot. we still need to find out about a few of our young players - so at seasons end we can cut the list appropriately.

if we can cull the list and recruit very well (like last season) .... our future will be very very good

MASSIVE long shot hey? Do you realise its possible for us to make it if we only beat Brisbane, Fremantle and Melbourne. And it's a certainty if we can win another.

Yeah really sad on the Pettifer front I mean I think thats the end of his career but a pity it had to end this way.

On the Meyer front I am very keen to hear if he was getting clearances taking marks and most of all moving freely and able to burn away from contests? I would love to see him become the success we expected in his first preseason the guy has skill.

Raines did his hammy a few weeks ago, on Meyer he has looked quite good the last few weeks and is really putting in, he missed most of the preseason and i dont really see us getting rid of him this year even if he doesnt come into the seniors. Hopefully he can have a full preseason and make it next year (look how long it took Kel Moore to be a decent player). On Coughlan i think he is several weeks away from a senior call up, he would really need to be dominating at VFL level to be selected.

MASSIVE long shot hey? Do you realise its possible for us to make it if we only beat Brisbane, Fremantle and Melbourne. And it's a certainty if we can win another.

that isnt really true. 4 wins will give us a decent shot, 5 will guarantee it, and 3 will mean we miss out

since we have to play geelong, hawthorn and adeliade at adelaide (along with easier games against Freo, Melbourne & Brisbane) - i would say we are a good chance on winning three - a below average chance on winning 4 - and a long shot of winning 5.

As impressed and heartened i am with our steady improvement - it is our inability to be consistently good for 4 qtrs, and how much we let the oppisiton back into a game with 20 minutes of poor footy - that will be what cost us a spot in the finals.

games against St.Kilda, Bulldogs, Carlton and adelaide are four games we lost because of this.

games against essendon (twice) & Melbourne - we were very lucky to get over the line - despite clearly winning 3 qtrs of footy in each game. all 3 of these games should have been a walk in the park

I just think because of those lapses in games ( and lapses that have happened in near most of our games this season ) we will really struggle to win 1 of the games against the hawks, geelong and adelaide.

To be honest - if it wasn;'t for the lions sudden poor form in melbourne - i would only be a 50/50 of us beating them. the thought of our improved but very thin (in regards to body shape) backline facing off against brown, bradshaw and clarke - and our midfield head to head with black, johnstone & power - that by no means is a "gimme"

Tivendale will play next week and so he should. Clearly above VFL level
Do people not ****ing learn, or just plain stupid.
Yes he is a class above the VFL, but he is a liability in the AFL, and he is at the end of his career, he only plays in round 22 if we are no chance at the finals:rolleyes:

As impressed and heartened i am with our steady improvement - it is our inability to be consistently good for 4 qtrs, and how much we let the oppisiton back into a game with 20 minutes of poor footy - that will be what cost us a spot in the finals.

games against St.Kilda, Bulldogs, Carlton and adelaide are four games we lost because of this.

games against essendon (twice) & Melbourne - we were very lucky to get over the line - despite clearly winning 3 qtrs of footy in each game. all 3 of these games should have been a walk in the park

astro , games ebb and flow...I could mount a strong case that the Hawks Dogs and Saints were damn lucky to get the points against us, but for what it's worth it means $%#$ all. a wins a win...it's your ability to win the next contest that counts...Unfortunately we find ourselves in a position where we prob need 5/6 to be sure...never know with PA looking lively once again..they could help us

Remove this Banner Ad

Coburg vs Willy - Score Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back