List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The list that limits selection was built to suit the coaches preferences in the first place.
Not really. The coaches have only been there for two years. We recently re-signed AJ for 3 years. Pretty difficult to see why you'd do that if you didn't have the vision of a role in the forward line that would suit AJ and thus suit Ollie.

Last edited:

How does Khamis provide “more” than Ruscoe as a defender particularly as he’s shorter and 8kg lighter.
Agree on Hollands and Holmes.
Because he’s better? He is a more versatile athlete, and plays much bigger than he is because of this. I can’t imagine Ruscoe rucking!

Not really. The coaches have only been there for two years. We recently re-signed AJ for 3 years. Pretty difficult to see why you'd do that if you didn't have the vision of a role in the forward line that would suit AJ and thus suit Ollie.
AJ signed for years not three, isn’t guaranteed to be best 22 through the duration of that contract and is better depth than Ollie for the position he plays.

Hype is right. I’m really not sure I’d be prioritizing Khamis. AJ has got him covered as a fwd, and Dean and Frampton are a better size down back.
Hollands is the one for me.
With the way the game is shifting I think you need your third tall defender to be able to play small as well. As many teams are only going with two talls up forward at a time and sometimes only 1 for a fair bit of the match. No idea if Khamis fits the bill, but a defender who can alternate between tall and small is going to be an increasingly valuable player type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was happy for him to go too. Henry is a peacock - thinks he’s pretty and wants everyone to look at him. Undoubtedly talented but not a sacrificial team-first player. Doesn’t fit our culture.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If his heart wasn't in it at Collingwood & he'd always be pining for Geelong, we were never going to get the best out of him.

That's how I've reconciled losing him to the Cats. He undoubtedly has lots of talent.

... the next Draper is likely to be a top 10 pick.
the current one will likely luckily keep his spot on the list due to our lack of picks this year. Was merely listing a glut of wasted selections by Hine in recent years, who in my view is still dining out on astute selections over a decade ago and is lucky to still have is job.

the current one will likely luckily keep his spot on the list due to our lack of picks this year. Was merely listing a glut of wasted selections by Hine in recent years, who in my view is still dining out on astute selections over a decade ago and is lucky to still have is job.
I loved what they did w that pick.
Not all players make it but doesnt mean you stop picking.
Who knows the reason for him not making it - might be non footy related which would hardly be Hine’s fault - having said that, I’m not a Hine disciple
What I did love was that a guy slid and the club made the bold move to get the player they wanted - GW was sitting right there when all the decisions to trade up were made

…why? I get that Khamis looks like he has a high ceiling, but the fact is he still hasn’t cracked the 22 of a middle of the road side 3 years in.
And Doedee… a double knee reco defender. Sounds like Scharenberg mkII.

Doedee is proven AFL quality though. Shaz never got there.

This thread is frustrating. Half is dedicated to Grundy's contract situation when he doesn't play for us anymore and the other to Henry's playing prospects when he isn't even here anymore. Really missing the contributions of Knight and Snoop in the draft/trade space.

I'd be happy with Buku and a midfielder. We might be looking to add a tallish defender but that doesn't have to be this year. Buku would add pace, athleticism and good all round depth. I still think we are under SC pressure to a certain extent and will probably load up next year

I’m staggered people keep doing this

“He couldn’t get a game at X, why do we want him?”

Markov? Leigh Brown? Jesse Hogan? Like. History is littered with “average” players who couldnt get games at average clubs but find a spot in better ones

Lipinski? Couldn’t get a game at the Dogs either. Yet can’t be removed from our 23.

God I’m glad most of you aren’t list Managers.

There are SO many factors that can go into a specific player struggling at a club. To put ALL of that on the player themselves and their ability is short sighted and narrow minded. At best.
I never said that Khamis wasn’t worth recruiting. I’m questioning why you’d seemingly be so thrilled or “stoked” to get him. He’s probably worth a punt. But for every Leigh Brown, Markov, Hogan etc there’s a Tyler Brown etc who get recruited from another clubs depth on “potential” who are out of the system again in 1-2 years.
I’m sorry this it staggers you that people keep trying to have a level head instead of getting excited over what will likely be a low level recruit.

How does Khamis provide “more” than Ruscoe as a defender particularly as he’s shorter and 8kg lighter.
Agree on Hollands and Holmes.
Jeremy Howe is shorter and lighter than Ruscoe too. Weight and a negligible height difference aren’t the be all or end all for a general intercepting defender.

Jeremy Howe is shorter and lighter than Ruscoe too. Weight and a negligible height difference aren’t the be all or end all for a general intercepting defender.
Not to mention the difference in their athletic abilities, which can't be measured by purely empirical physical measurements.

I never said that Khamis wasn’t worth recruiting. I’m questioning why you’d seemingly be so thrilled or “stoked” to get him. He’s probably worth a punt. But for every Leigh Brown, Markov, Hogan etc there’s a Tyler Brown etc who get recruited from another clubs depth on “potential” who are out of the system again in 1-2 years.
I’m sorry this it staggers you that people keep trying to have a level head instead of getting excited over what will likely be a low level recruit.
Yeah, I think there’s a healthy middle ground. He’s speculative & raw, but the upside is there and he has some handy tools. Given the likely low cost, it’s a fine path to pursue.

Regardless, I think this off-season will be quiet where the next one will be busy for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back