Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick thought, assuming results go the way think it will (50-50 against the Tigers and a loss to Carlton then Sydney) and at that point the mathematicalfinals chance pretty much evaporates, do you consider putting Cameron on ice for the year given he's starting to look a bit banged up? Book him in for surgery abd get him right to hit the ground running next year. Just have Cox and Smit ruck out the remainder of the year.
What surgery does Cameron need?

Quick thought, assuming results go the way think it will (50-50 against the Tigers and a loss to Carlton then Sydney) and at that point the mathematicalfinals chance pretty much evaporates, do you consider putting Cameron on ice for the year given he's starting to look a bit banged up? Book him in for surgery abd get him right to hit the ground running next year. Just have Cox and Smit ruck out the remainder of the year.
Could well happen I reckon , if we win those 3 then diff story

I think Mitchell would prefer to see Ginnivan play like Schultz - effort application and focus, every week.
I think Mitchell will be very happy to get a young player whose got lots of upside and lots of tricks in the door for not much rather than a steady player who we sold the farm for

Extended squad
22bd38f31cb699f9b8d67c787f7f435a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The omission of Richards is hard to understand. Played great immediately from debut, got injured, back for one game and out again.

From the extended bench, I hope its Harrison, DeGoey, Frampton and Hoskin-Elliott who make the 22, with Lipinski as sub (and lucky not to be dropped altogether).

Not a good sign for Reef or Richards.
I’m starting to really wonder whether or not our MC is too quick to just write our youngsters or next wave off.

It’s really becoming all too familiar

There’s a comment Hine made pre draft last year that was alarming in that he mentioned these boys come in and really have 2 years to really make an impression
We are literally almost taking this to the nth degree in how quickly we are discarding our young draftees by the looks of it when you look at the players we have cut since 21/22
Not one “senior” or veteran player in that time frame but a stack of kids out the door and it looks set to continue this year with the patterns that are emerging

The strange selections continue on....Why drop Richards, who has been excellent with ball in hand by creating scoring opportunities, and when will McInnes ever get any form or confidence by playing one or two weeks then be the first to be dropped most times.....
The Richmond IN's are definitely going to make them stronger.....

Last edited:
Hmm Reef dropped again, well what a surprise that is, no one saw this coming. Cox straight back in another shock.

(Sarcasm font not working today damn)

I’m starting to really wonder whether or not our MC is too quick to just write our youngsters or next wave off.

It’s really becoming all too familiar

MC?

Is there an actual role for Reef? If so, what is it? We seem to have a few "versatile" players - Begg, Ryan, Reef, Macrae, McInnes but they have no real position?

I'm not really sure how Reef is meant to succeed whilst being a yoyo between seniors, being the sub and VFL. If someone knows the grand plan then please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back