Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Fly will learn something from Mitchell on how to play a small forward and all Schultz to play Ginnivan-like for the rest of the year rather than anchoring him inside F50
I’d argue Schultz has been better as a target closer to goal. He played up the field at the start of the year and didn’t really excel there. He become a more dangerous player when moved closer to goals.

I’d argue Schultz has been better as a target closer to goal. He played up the field at the start of the year and didn’t really excel there. He become a more dangerous player when moved closer to goals.
Schultz been a scapegoat for our overall shit year…new player, new system, interrupted availability by injury. Shown enough to me to justify his recruitment and Ginnivan had spent his conduct chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m very confident that we’ll win this week!

(And then lose to all of Blues, Swans, Lions and Dees.☹️)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you were a Richmond supporter what would you prefer?

A meaningless 3rd win of the season or remain last with the first pick in the draft still in hand?

I know which one I'd prefer and it ain't beating us.

If Richmond players think otherwise we might be in a bit of trouble.

If you were a Richmond supporter what would you prefer?

A meaningless 3rd win of the season or remain last with the first pick in the draft still in hand?

I know which one I'd prefer and it ain't beating us.

If Richmond players think otherwise we might be in a bit of trouble.
Given the evenness of this draft, whether you have the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick it won't really matter. There isn't one standout that clubs would die to get.

So he's naturally shit.

That makes it worse.
Why so bitter? I love Shooter and I'm sure he will give us many good games to enjoy in the coming seasons.
I’d drop Markov and play Parker.
No-Parker looked like a school boy second time round against the Dogs. He needs another preseason.

We'll have exciting announcements about Beau, Mitchell and Checkers all being available in the final round against Melbourne on the Collingwood website. The football equivalent of the cavalry arriving at the Battle of Little Bighorn an hour too late. :rolleyes:

So, Cox, McCreery and Shooter back this week according to Fly becomes Cox, maybe Shooter and no Beau.

No-Parker looked like a school boy second time round against the Dogs. He needs another preseason.
Needs A pre-season. Hasnt even had one crazy to think. He's done fairly well given that. He'll get decent amount of games next year I reckon.

So definitely an improvement on Markov’s current contribution then. Great. Allows Markov to go back to the VFL and recapture a bit of run and dare that’ll be needed over the last few rounds.

That's what happens to all the premiers of the previous year though. The top finishers get the harder draws. And for what it is worth, tough draws aren't usually a problem for the great teams, because everyone is beatable.

We are sitting 13th and we haven't even got to the tough run home yet, so you can't blame our draw against the Blues, Swans, and Lions...

I agree our draw is horrible, but mostly we aren't a good team. Our losses to StK, Western Bulldogs, GC, and both of our draws to Essendon and Fremantle should have been banked if we were a top 4 side, or even just in form.

The reason we aren't playing finals this year isn't because of the tough run home we haven't even got to yet, it's because our players aren't putting enough pressure on for 4 quarters and make dumb simple skill errors.
Excuse my intrusion. While it's true I barrack for Essendon, I have no animosity towards Collingwood - I have friends and family members who are Collingwood supporters.

Meanwhile, your lads have been up for over 2.5 years now. That's a great effort for a couple of reasons:

1. In that time, you have had many, many close victories. These a far more taxing than easy wins - you basically have to be on your mettle 100% in these types of games.

2. As reigning premiers this year, you have the issue that every other club in the competition wants to beat you as a measure for how they are tracking. You're basically getting the best from your opposition consistently.

OK. So your lads are a bit banged up and are mentally and physically tired. My lads haven't won a final in 20 years. Yours, on the other hand have had 2 premierships since then.

Good luck going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back