Collingwoods reverse bandwagon

Remove this Banner Ad

THe point is that we can't have threads everytime we win a game that say "Buckley is the Messiah...sucked in Malthouse"....and we can't have threads everytime we lose stating "Sack Buckley".

The same thread seems to get bumped every week. I refer to the one about "Eat Sh$& Buckley haters". Whenever we lose someone bumps it to say they were right...and whenever we win it is bumped to say someone else was right.

A good supporter is able to acknowledge the good with the bad and make positive contributions and discussions.

This year was clearly not the overwhelming success we had hoped...but it is also far from a write off. I think we did take a step back, but I think we will take 2 giant steps forward if we can stay healthy and work on a few areas such as skill and fitness. It may turn out to be the year we needed to have.

That doesn't mean we blindly follow Buckley. He is rightfully under pressure to deliver now. But I think taking into account everything, we are well placed now to make an assault on 2014.

Broadly agree with the sentiment. To have an honest appraisal you need to look at all factors including coaching.

A disaster isn't attributed to one event, rather its the accumulation of a series of missteps.

Every team has a bandwagon, but "our" following is so big that we even have a reverse bandwagon of flogs who like to jump on board when the team is losing and bash on everything (particularly the coach) without reasoned or logical argument.

Bandwagon = All our players are the best we're winners
Our reverse bandwagon = Sack everyone - have them taken out to pasture we finished 6th on the ladder and firing everyone will make us win suddenly? - the teams fitness, lack of effort, mental lapses are all coaches fault (I'm sure someone can help add to the list)

I understand people saying we shouldn't accept mediocrity from where we are, but surely there has to be some reasoned argument not just spouting about the fact that we aren't as good as 2011 (which we faltered second half of the year anyway).

This board has gone crazy since we lost to port - who are a solid team and have weapons that work well against us (similar to GC), we obviously have problems that need fixing and firing everyone and trading our whole team isn't going to fix the issues.

People obviously love a vent but its getting chaotic when everything that goes on at the club is now Buckley's fault (Walsh, Buttifant) and the guy isn't perfect - his coaching and the selections weren't fantastic in the final vs port (overstatement) but its a combination of a lot of things going on at the club and firing him isn't going to make an immediate fix. Or is everything the fault of one or two players in our 22 that made errors in the final - Guess you could blame the loss on Scott Pendlebury, he dropped a few overhead marks didn't he? (oh wait no its all Maxwell, Brown and Sidebottoms fault - trade them!!!)

Everyone needs to stop before posting and think about how dumb some of the commentary has become - saying that we are 100% better than port in every area is dumb, saying that we deserved to beat them because we're purely a better team is dumb. We deserve nothing. Port are on the rise and really improving, we are in a bit of a flat spot without any real spark at the moment (and tbh there isn't anyone on our list with that aspect to their game)

Maybe I should try to ignore the people who only seem to be about when we lose so they can bash on everyone from top to bottom without an actual solution other than fire/trade a team but jeez is it going to be like this for the next few weeks or will these people slowly disappear from the reverse bandwagon as the offseason wears on, only to pop back up next year (unless we go undefeated)
I'm watching us go from making Grand Finals to 4th to 8th with virtually a great list and now the staff are being poached and we are meant to sit back and accept that? We aren't Melbourne, we won't watch our club being destroyed when there is no need. That is exactly what is happening right now. For Buckley to get us to start making GFs looks a long way from home now. We had something great and now it is gone.

We had a team that was second favourite for the flag to Hawthorn and we've ended up 8th.
Means very little as you can see a lot can change during the year.

2013 Flag odds in March
$4.75 Haw, $5.50 WC, $7.50 Coll, $7.50 Syd, $10 Carl, $11 Geel, $12 Adel, $14 Frem, $22 Ess, $23 Rich .. $151 Port

I'm watching us go from making Grand Finals to 4th to 8th with virtually a great list and now the staff are being poached and we are meant to sit back and accept that? We aren't Melbourne, we won't watch our club being destroyed when there is no need. That is.exactly what is happening right now. For Buckley to get us to start making GFs looks a long way from home now. We had something great and now it is gone.

Things go in cycles........I'm sure you were whining during 2004 and 2005.... then you stopped whining for the premiership and now you're back at it again. Ying and Yang...

Every team has a bandwagon, but "our" following is so big that we even have a reverse bandwagon of flogs who like to jump on board when the team is losing and bash on everything (particularly the coach) without reasoned or logical argument.

Bandwagon = All our players are the best we're winners
Our reverse bandwagon = Sack everyone - have them taken out to pasture we finished 6th on the ladder and firing everyone will make us win suddenly? - the teams fitness, lack of effort, mental lapses are all coaches fault (I'm sure someone can help add to the list)

I understand people saying we shouldn't accept mediocrity from where we are, but surely there has to be some reasoned argument not just spouting about the fact that we aren't as good as 2011 (which we faltered second half of the year anyway).

This board has gone crazy since we lost to port - who are a solid team and have weapons that work well against us (similar to GC), we obviously have problems that need fixing and firing everyone and trading our whole team isn't going to fix the issues.

People obviously love a vent but its getting chaotic when everything that goes on at the club is now Buckley's fault (Walsh, Buttifant) and the guy isn't perfect - his coaching and the selections weren't fantastic in the final vs port (overstatement) but its a combination of a lot of things going on at the club and firing him isn't going to make an immediate fix. Or is everything the fault of one or two players in our 22 that made errors in the final - Guess you could blame the loss on Scott Pendlebury, he dropped a few overhead marks didn't he? (oh wait no its all Maxwell, Brown and Sidebottoms fault - trade them!!!)

Everyone needs to stop before posting and think about how dumb some of the commentary has become - saying that we are 100% better than port in every area is dumb, saying that we deserved to beat them because we're purely a better team is dumb. We deserve nothing. Port are on the rise and really improving, we are in a bit of a flat spot without any real spark at the moment (and tbh there isn't anyone on our list with that aspect to their game)

Maybe I should try to ignore the people who only seem to be about when we lose so they can bash on everyone from top to bottom without an actual solution other than fire/trade a team but jeez is it going to be like this for the next few weeks or will these people slowly disappear from the reverse bandwagon as the offseason wears on, only to pop back up next year (unless we go undefeated)
I have a seat right up the front, but won't be jumping off as I have a ticket to ride. The fair-weather band-wagoners leaving is a blessing in disguise, which at worst will leave more room for me to party on the wagon and at best free up some reserve seats for the real supporters.

Go Pies.:)

Things go in cycles........I'm sure you were whining during 2004 and 2005.... then you stopped whining for the premiership and now you're back at it again. Ying and Yang...
Women have these cycles too.:D
(apologies to any women supporters out there.)

I have a seat right up the front, but won't be jumping off as I have a ticket to ride. The fair-weather band-wagoners leaving is a blessing in disguise, which at worst will leave more room for me to party on the wagon and at best free up some reserve seats for the real supporters.

Go Pies.:)
You didn't really specify which bandwagon you are on. You do realise that there are 2?

I was confident Malthouse was able to keep the cycle evolving just because of himself but the staff he brought to the club. Under Mick we were either rebuilding or making the top 4. Under Buckley this year we seem to be stuck in the middle which is the biggest worry of all. Never under Mick did we under perform like Buckley this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was confident Malthouse was able to keep the cycle evolving just because of himself but the staff he brought to the club. Under Mick we were either rebuilding or making the top 4. Under Buckley this year we seem to be stuck in the middle which is the biggest worry of all. Never under Mick did we under perform like Buckley this year.

Hasn't Buckley been rebuilding this year, and weren't we in the top 4 last year?

Oh my effing god! This board needs a cleanout. Hopefully the Carlton board will draft a significant number of our posters because I can't stand the sky is falling attitude of so many of our so called "supporters". Go and barrack for Melbourne or Carlton where your "baby and bathwater" attitudes are the norm. Honestly, if the vibe on this board continues I'm out of here. What a pack of weak livered poor excuses for supporters we seem to have on this board. Of course there are plenty to whom I do not address this thread but as far as I'm concerned a few of you need to learn the dictionary meaning of the word supporter and stop reading children's fairytales.

Apologies to true Collingwood supporters. This post is not directed at you!

To win a flag, nearly everything has to go your way...minimal injuries to key players, consistent playing list and belief. We didn't have any of this this year, however the positives of our next generation who are only one or two years away from being 60 game players has won me this year.

Oh my effing god! This board needs a cleanout. Hopefully the Carlton board will draft a significant number of our posters because I can't stand the sky is falling attitude of so many of our so called "supporters". Go and barrack for Melbourne or Carlton where your "baby and bathwater" attitudes are the norm. Honestly, if the vibe on this board continues I'm out of here. What a pack of weak livered poor excuses for supporters we seem to have on this board. Of course there are plenty to whom I do not address this thread but as far as I'm concerned a few of you need to learn the dictionary meaning of the word supporter and stop reading children's fairytales.

Apologies to true Collingwood supporters. This post is not directed at you!

Great post PnS, spot on.

You can't have it both ways.

No we were meant to be challenging for the flag. That's why we topped up Young Russell Hudson and Lynch. Buckley thought he could pinch it. We weren't even close. Now what.

And the injuries were unprecedented.
So it turned into a massive rebuild

I agree. I go and support every week. I don't go to the games to bag coach and players. You can't win every week. You need all your cards to fall right to win a flag. We have blooded more youngsters this year than any other club. When you have young players, you will have inconsistent performances. We have ben eliminated. Big deal. It's not the end of he world. Go Pies forever !

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwoods reverse bandwagon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back