Commiserations Hawks Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
I have no particular like or dislike. I really feel for you lot. A lot!

I've been there before in close ones in prelims and grand finals and I know the feeling well and it just ****ing sucks. It's terrible.

Feels like it will never get any better at this stage - but it does, might take a few weeks though.

I know you don't want to hear it but you were fantastic tonight, not going to write where you lost it, because again you don't want to hear it.

And I know these words mean nothing but I really want to make my feelings heard.

Again, I really feel for you guys - bad luck.

Agree with OP but thanks for making it tough for them.
Don't mention it. We are glad to spend an entire season building up to a climactic ending, and give it our all in a nail-biter against the reigning premier just in order to make it easier for the Cats to win another premiership. :rolleyes:

Don't mention it. We are glad to spend an entire season building up to a climactic ending, and give it our all in a nail-biter against the reigning premier just in order to make it easier for the Cats to win another premiership. :rolleyes:

Shut up you idiot, they are doing a decent thing by showing hawthorn respect for the outstanding effort the boys gave tonight and your going to give them a reply like that for their decency? Wouldnt you be happy if you were most likely to be into the GF and your opponent had key players bruised and battered in a bloody hard game?

Seriously proud of the boys efforts tonight, and good on you opposition supporters for showing your respect, the best of luck to your clubs for the GF and season 2012

I have no particular like or dislike. I really feel for you lot. A lot!

I've been there before in close ones in prelims and grand finals and I know the feeling well and it just ****ing sucks. It's terrible.

Feels like it will never get any better at this stage - but it does, might take a few weeks though.

I know you don't want to hear it but you were fantastic tonight, not going to write where you lost it, because again you don't want to hear it.

And I know these words mean nothing but I really want to make my feelings heard.

Again, I really feel for you guys - bad luck.

Great Post!

I have a few mates who are St Kilda Fans and they are some of the most loyal and passionate fans I have ever come across.

Some of our supporters really need to take lessons from supporters of clubs that have tasted a lot less success over the years.

I was gutted for your mob last year and the one before, now that is what I call Hurt!

Good luck next year:thumbsu:

Yeah unlucky Hawks, you were the better team all night, would have loved to have seen you knock off the Pies. Brave effort all the same.

Probably no consolation but I thought you got stiffed with a few 50/50 umpire calls, especially in the last quarter. Doesn't help when your supporters are outnumbered by the Feralwood army, we've been on the wrong end of it ourselves in recent times.

Hawks the team to beat 2012. Lock it in now! This hurts BIG TIME!

Yeh yeh, I'd like to think that. Hopefully our team's lack of spine in clutch moments has finally been exposed in a painful enough time to care.

Ultimately, though, I'd expect us to not have so much luck with injuries next year, and our window will have been squandered yet another year.

Just hope the club takes a long hard look at itself. This wasn't good enough, especially the selection of the team to start with. Bateman cost us a GF berth.

I do feel for you, Hawks fans, because basically I was feeling the same thing at the halfway mark when I was fairly certain we were going to lose.

I don't know why we were such favourites to win, to be honest. It seems like we've beaten you once (now twice) in the last 5 years.

I know it's devastating - but there's only one more week to sit through and then we're all in the same boat waiting until next year.

And really, you can be really proud of your guys, because you made Collingwood look second-rate for most of that game. I can't just say 'we played bad' either, because it was clearly your players making us play bad.

Well done, and bad luck.

I really don't look forward to playing you next year, and hope not to see you in a final for a long time to come...

Yeh nah I watched the game tonight with both diehard Pie and Hawk fans. As a neutral the only reason I care is that, imo, the Hawks were robbed of that game. Plain and simple. That was the only disappointing aspect of what was a riveting game. The better team on the night did not win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I definitely feel for you guys. Losing a prelim is shit, especially by so little. Losing a last quarter like that...... Well you'll remember this, let me tell you from bitter experience.:(

It was a great effort. I hope you are all proud of your team.:thumbsu:

Hat is dipped to you Hawks. You were the better team for most of the night and I like many other Pies fans thought you had us at 3 qtr time. You played hard, tough, uncomprimising footy and we just struggled to cope with your attack on the man and ball. That last quarter was EPIC and you should walk away from that game knowing that your side is good enough and with a superstar like Buddy and so many dangerous players will be hard to beat next year.

I know it is easy to say all that being on the good end of the result but I am so relieved to get through, I sort of feel like we just played our Grand Final. I really don't know if we can do that again because I think the Hawks took everything we had and we came out sore, sorry and injured.

i love how the hawks were robbed , to all knobs who hate the pies, the cats in a canter next week. ahh the cats eagles game hasnt played yet,and also the gf is seven days away 4 quarters until back to back hows that for telling the future....:thumbsdown:

Whilst I luv nothing more than beating Hawthorn, I have to stand up and applaude your efforts against the Pies.

Credit to your team who stood up and played their guts out. Nothing more a fan can ask for and thats the kind of game that draws respect from opposition supporters.

Good luck next year ( as long as we keep the streak going ;)

Go Catters...

i love how the hawks were robbed , to all knobs who hate the pies, the cats in a canter next week. ahh the cats eagles game hasnt played yet,and also the gf is seven days away 4 quarters until back to back hows that for telling the future....:thumbsdown:

as opposed to this muppet...

Whilst I luv nothing more than beating Hawthorn, I have to stand up and applaude your efforts against the Pies.

Credit to your team who stood up and played their guts out. Nothing more a fan can ask for and thats the kind of game that draws respect from opposition supporters.

Good luck next year ( as long as we keep the streak going ;)

Go Catters...

You'll get yours soon enough clown!

Anyway! I just wanted to say to all the Hawks fans that the effort you put out last night was a far superior one to the Pies & was so entertaining to any other true AFL supporter whose teams are no longer in the finals.

The main reason they won was the week off. Your guys were out on their feet but still never gave up. Very stiff with some ump decisions but that's for another time. You have some great players & have done the right thing by signing Clarkson on for another stint.

You have, by far, the best & most devestating footballer in the competition at the moment. Rioli! He is something else. It's as though you have an extra 3 players on the ground where ever he is. It's almost unfair.
I'm to scared to think what he'll be like when he gets more possessions.

Chins up! Plenty to look forward to. Special mention to Puopolo! Another tough gun!!
Cheers!:)

Hawthorn has been the bain of my existence for more than 30 years. Last night I was up screaming Buuuuudddddyyyy like my life depended on it. Bad luck Hawks that game reminded me why I love this sport so much.

After so many years of eating my tie against you mob I couldnt belive I found my self cheering your brave warriors on last night . That was a brave effort and (cant belive I am saying this )full respect to the Hawthorn football club !!!!

How's this for telling the future? Collingwood to make fools of themselves in the Grand Final and blame everyone but themselves. You won't have the umpires next week, rest assured.

Just don't be too disappointed when the plethora of Big Footy fans post next week how wonderful it was to see Collingwood get done in the Grand Final .. and they will.

PS .. sorry for using the word "plethora", I know how Collingwood supporters struggle with any word that reaches beyond the parameters of the monosyllabic.

I definitely feel for you guys. Losing a prelim is shit, especially by so little. Losing a last quarter like that...... Well you'll remember this, let me tell you from bitter experience.:(

It was a great effort. I hope you are all proud of your team.:thumbsu:

Cheers. When I went to bed last night I actuaaly thought to myself "imagine how Doggies fans must feel, losing three prelims in a row, (and 7 in 25 years or something)". At least we have been to the top.

It still sucks though. Big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Commiserations Hawks Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back