Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors | Season 35 Team Thread | All In The Family | Congratulations pantskyle - Four Time Frankston Rover Medallist!

Remove this Banner Ad

Given your beer fandom (are you the real life version of Duffman?) I think it would be impossible for you to fall over. Thus this is a scam to have perpetual free beer. A worthy price for admission I daresay.

How I picture you Dinsdale

View attachment 1731186
Dinsdale is more like Surly from Duff Gardens.

nOwH09ZwzZj4GinovXZU5RMESXk=.gif

Given your beer fandom (are you the real life version of Duffman?) I think it would be impossible for you to fall over. Thus this is a scam to have perpetual free beer. A worthy price for admission I daresay.

How I picture you Dinsdale

View attachment 1731186
It's about time we had a poster who displays old-school mad shooping skillz. None of that slicker than pelican shit seamless head-swapping malarkey.

It's about time we had a poster who displays old-school mad shooping skillz. None of that slicker than pelican s**t seamless head-swapping malarkey.

Genuinely thought it was a real photo.

Which if you've donated a bunch of plasma should be in around 45 minutes.
still awake 4 hours and 3 pints later. drunk a heap of water though, you could hear me sloshing my way up the hallway (if I was walking up the hallway and you were down the hallway, listening.... but I digress...)

still awake 4 hours and 3 pints later. drunk a heap of water though, you could hear me sloshing my way up the hallway (if I was walking up the hallway and you were down the hallway, listening.... but I digress...)
I'm about to ignore Friday arvo oldmate wanting to talk work and get to the Avoca.

I'm about to ignore Friday arvo oldmate wanting to talk work and get to the Avoca.
if you mention the W word thats a fine, and a shout.

A group of people I used to spend time with at that place during the weekdays between 9 and 5 (I dont want a fine) instigated a fine system on a Friday lunchtime at the pub, as I got sick of talking/whinging about W - anyone who mentions that W word $1. real names $1. pointing $1. entrapment $1. Denial $1, skipping a shout $1.

We got enough in the kitty at the end of the year for a Xmas bowls afternoon, all expenses paid.

if you mention the W word thats a fine, and a shout.

A group of people I used to spend time with at that place during the weekdays between 9 and 5 (I dont want a fine) instigated a fine system on a Friday lunchtime at the pub, as I got sick of talking/whinging about W - anyone who mentions that W word $1. real names $1. pointing $1. entrapment $1. Denial $1, skipping a shout $1.

We got enough in the kitty at the end of the year for a Xmas bowls afternoon, all expenses paid.
I shall let oldmate know, and fine them accordingly.

Anyhoo, pre-Frankie braü incoming.

IMG_6570.jpeg

Righto I'm back from Avoca. Will kick things off in about 30 minutes. Get a drink, get a food, get a toilet, get a comfortable.

Righto I'm back from Avoca. Will kick things off in about 30 minutes. Get a drink, get a food, get a toilet, get a comfortable.
Its like deja vu all over again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the Frankston Rover Medal Ceremony for Season 35
frankston rover medal.png

1688721068063.png
Agent93 Ambrose Burnside BEEG CursingFijian Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon FurTheWin Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Moo pantskyle Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster The Filth Wizard The Half Back TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat

Happy Friday 1 everybody, it’s great to see you all here on Coney Island’s night of nights. That’s right Wazzas it’s time for the Frankston Rover Medal Ceremony for season 35, our eighteenth in the Sweet FA.

I’m sure you know what tonight is all about but just in case you’re new to the place or have been living under a rock, the Frankston Rover Medal is one of two awards across the league named after Frankston Rover - club founder, inaugural captain, former league administrator and Sweet FA Hall of Famer. It recognises the best Warriors player of the season as voted by you, and has been won by eight currently listed players, from Lord_Flashheart in season 18 through to pantskyle picking up his third Frankie last season. We will also be awarding the Wooshette Medal for the season’s leading goalkicker and the Pwned Trophy for the player whose post made the opposition melt the hardest and the rest of us laugh our arses off, as well as celebrating the many highlights of what was a bloody brilliant season of imaginary online fantasy qootball.

On field we were up and down early doors before finding our groove. Aided by gun recruits The Filth Wizard and CursingFijian, #thestreak came out to play as we charged towards a second minor premiership in Coney Island history. We threatened a straight sets exit but steadied and made the preliminary final for the first time in four seasons. However that’s when our run ended, the Flagwazzas tilt put on ice for another season. While off field we solidified our reputation as the preeminent posting team in the competition, which was reflected not only in our numbers but also in the quality of banter. Of the many highlights for mine was the camaraderie & solidarity of the group, the awesome progression of many Wazzas, the cameos from club legends like Flashy, Dapper & Frankie himself, and the external validation of people like FootyGuy13 who was named All-SFA vice captain and TheInjuryFactory who not only earned his sixth guernsey but also his second Frankston Rover Award for outstanding contribution to the league. That pantskyle & spudmaster were not also named in the All-SFA team is a travesty, but were immense all season. We also picked up our third beez trophy, the most of any club in SFA history.

And finally there’s plenty to look forward to in season 36, as the preparations are already well underway with many irons in many fires. At this stage we will welcome a rookie in Ocha905 who has made an immediate impact on the league playing for the Counts in State of Origin, as well as a two-time premiership/four-time All-SFA player and Mobbs Medallist in Noobz0r who returns to the league hungry for more qooty. And last but most certainly not least, the current GOAT Wazza is returning to Van Cortlandt Park. Welcome home zackah!

So all in all it may not have been the inaugural premiership we all crave, but it was one of the most successful and enjoyable seasons in Warriors history and it was all because of us. We did everything in our control, and that’s all I can ask as a captain.

May the festivities begin. Let’s f*cken go!!!!!!​

View attachment 1731435

View attachment 1731436
Agent93 Ambrose Burnside BEEG CursingFijian Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon FurTheWin Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Moo pantskyle Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster The Filth Wizard The Half Back TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat

Happy Friday 1 everybody, it’s great to see you all here on Coney Island’s night of nights. That’s right Wazzas it’s time for the Frankston Rover Medal Ceremony for season 35, our eighteenth in the Sweet FA.

I’m sure you know what tonight is all about but just in case you’re new to the place or have been living under a rock, the Frankston Rover Medal is one of two awards across the league named after Frankston Rover - club founder, inaugural captain, former league administrator and Sweet FA Hall of Famer. It recognises the best Warriors player of the season as voted by you, and has been won by eight currently listed players, from Lord_Flashheart in season 18 through to pantskyle picking up his third Frankie last season. We will also be awarding the Wooshette Medal for the season’s leading goalkicker and the Pwned Trophy for the player whose post made the opposition melt the hardest and the rest of us laugh our arses off, as well as celebrating the many highlights of what was a bloody brilliant season of imaginary online fantasy qootball.

On field we were up and down early doors before finding our groove. Aided by gun recruits The Filth Wizard and CursingFijian, #thestreak came out to play as we charged towards a second minor premiership in Coney Island history. We threatened a straight sets exit but steadied and made the preliminary final for the first time in four seasons. However that’s when our run ended, the Flagwazzas tilt put on ice for another season. While off field we solidified our reputation as the preeminent posting team in the competition, which was reflected not only in our numbers but also in the quality of banter. Of the many highlights for mine was the camaraderie & solidarity of the group, the awesome progression of many Wazzas, the cameos from club legends like Flashy, Dapper & Frankie himself, and the external validation of people like FootyGuy13 who was named All-SFA vice captain and TheInjuryFactory who not only earned his sixth guernsey but also his second Frankston Rover Award for outstanding contribution to the league. That pantskyle & spudmaster were not also named in the All-SFA team is a travesty, but were immense all season. We also picked up our third beez trophy, the most of any club in SFA history.

And finally there’s plenty to look forward to in season 36, as the preparations are already well underway with many irons in many fires. At this stage we will welcome a rookie in Ocha905 who has made an immediate impact on the league playing for the Counts in State of Origin, as well as a two-time premiership/four-time All-SFA player and Mobbs Medallist in Noobz0r who returns to the league hungry for more qooty. And last but most certainly not least, the current GOAT Wazza is returning to Van Cortlandt Park. Welcome home zackah!

So all in all it may not have been the inaugural premiership we all crave, but it was one of the most successful and enjoyable seasons in Warriors history and it was all because of us. We did everything in our control, and that’s all I can ask as a captain.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

1688721973142.png

We had a bye. Go on Dale, tell 'em.

1688722035894.png

I tried some scavenger hunt thing but that fell flat as heck. Zero votes to me.

View attachment 1731435

View attachment 1731436

What's this?

1688722186694.png

Fighting Furies 15.6 (96) lost to Coney Island Warriors 16.8 (104)

After the bye and the hastily-coupled scavenger hunt that went with it, we finally saw some action with a trip to the hippodrome to face a Furies outfit who are still in a rebuilding phase and, let's be honest, has not produced the most invigorating match threads in Sweet history. But you know what? This week was different. I'm not ashamed of saying that I enjoyed it. They may still be reeling from the events of the past couple of seasons, but there are signs of recovery. They've brought in a couple of decent recruits, but just as importantly lost a few people who brought imbalance to the club.

From our point of view we welcomed CursingFijian and The Filth Wizard to Van Cortlandt Park, and both have had immediate impacts both on and off the field. The majority of the usual suspects were also up and about, in particular it was great to see Purple7x08_24 Mesc Piggy Smalls & Freofalcon get into it, along with an end-of-week cameo from spudmaster once he was let out of banzhammer.

Match-posting Friend of the Warriors philreich gave us wet conditions on Sunday (something to do with a prolapsed colon), as well as virtual water it rained virtual goals. And despite the match being close from go to whoa we made the Premiership quarter our own by kicking six (6) unanswered goals to put the match beyond doubt, with the only doubt being the last three goals of the match going to the hosts. But sanity prevailed, and we ended up with an 8-point victory by the time the fat lady sung.

The win sees us move from either at the bottom of the ladder or not even on it to fifth place. We're one of four unbeaten teams, albeit the only one of the four with one win instead of two.

355-game veteran Moo started on the bench before mooving onto a wing (see what I did there?) in the first quarter and ending up with 19 disposals & 5 marks as well as hoofing a couple of goals. TheInjuryFactory enjoyed the space on the other wing to pick up 20 touches alongside centre half back Snuffaluphagus while ruck monkey pantskyle had a nice game. Up front it was a scintillating start for The Filth Wizard with five goals from five kicks, along with some excellent forward pressure. He was well supported by Piggy Smalls (3 goals) and FootyGuy13 (2 goals) in a productive opening game in front of goals.

Rich (BB code):
FUR SENIORS Vs CIW SENIORS
FUR               6    1        9    5        12   6        15   6    96      
CIW               7    1        10   3        15   7        16   8    104     
FUR        HO  K  M  H  T  FF FA G  B   Dt  CIW         HO  K  M  H  T  FF FA G  B   Dt
Edmund hun  0  7  1  3  0  1  0  3  1   50  CursingFij   0  4  2  4  0  0  0  0  0   26
rfctigerar  0  2  0  3  0  0  1  0  0    9  Raveneyes    0  4  1  3  0  1  0  0  0   22
Toump Ass   0  4  6  6  1  1  0  1  0   53  Mesc         0  7  6  7  0  0  1  0  0   50
krided      0  7  3  6  0  0  0  0  0   42  Tonga Bob    0  8  1  7  3  2  1  0  0   52
James Colo  0  4  4  5  1  0  0  0  0   38  Snuffaluph   0  10 4  10 0  0  2  0  0   56
Grockadoc   0  0  0  3  0  1  0  0  0    7  TubbsFarqu   0  6  4  4  1  1  2  0  0   37
crazywildh  0  12 1  5  1  1  1  0  1   52  TheInjuryF   0  11 2  9  0  2  1  1  0   62
Shueygod    0  11 6  8  2  0  1  0  0   72  Agent93      0  8  6  6  1  1  1  1  0   62
Silky23     0  3  1  2  0  0  0  1  0   22  Moo          0  11 5  8  0  0  1  2  1   74
Sab22       0  4  2  1  0  0  1  0  0   17  FootyGuy13   0  4  4  10 0  0  0  2  0   56
Pickitt     0  12 7  4  1  1  0  2  0   82  Reginald P   0  4  3  6  0  0  0  1  1   40
Bovo        0  6  3  10 1  1  3  0  0   43  Mofra        0  6  3  6  0  0  0  0  3   42
Scythe94    0  2  0  0  1  0  0  1  1   17  Piggy Smal   0  4  1  0  1  0  0  3  1   38
ShaunDugga  0  4  0  0  0  0  1  4  0   33  The Filth    0  5  0  0  0  1  0  5  0   46
Rioli8217   0  2  2  0  1  0  1  0  2   15  toxic        0  0  0  1  0  0  0  0  0    2
NaturalDis  19 10 0  11 1  1  1  0  0   73  pantskyle    11 9  0  8  3  2  0  0  1   69
JyeDye      0  9  0  5  2  1  0  2  1   59  Dinsdale     0  7  0  10 4  0  1  1  0   60
Chronz      0  3  2  4  1  0  0  0  0   27  SBYM         0  2  0  8  1  1  1  0  1   25
omgfridge   0  6  0  6  6  3  1  1  0   60  Purple7x08   0  3  1  6  1  0  0  0  0   28
Nixi        0  2  0  2  0  0  0  0  0   10  Freofalcon   0  4  2  6  0  0  0  0  0   30

Votes:

5) pantskyle
4) The Filth Wizard
3) TheInjuryFactory
2) Bob, T.

1) Agent93

Round one saw The Filth Wizard add Frankie votes to everything else he has accumulated in the SFA after earning the first ones of his storied career!

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors | Season 35 Team Thread | All In The Family | Congratulations pantskyle - Four Time Frankston Rover Medallist!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back