List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
They will have plenty of points with 20, 27, 32, 53, three of which they can still trade down for points. What they need is picks next year and salary cap relief. We could easily pay Ryan’s salary if that’s the deal breaker and obviously Davies is off the books too. Also no bid on Lombard which I’m pretty sure we’ll do without an agreement.

Good point on cap space deals.

From a marketing standpoint how much would they get with Dusty AND Flyin Ryan on the poster boards in 2025? Would not be surprised if an extra 5 to 10,000 per game turned up.

Davies would be excellent to pick up at a discount. Defensive game is good just needs to work on getting more of it. Playing 7th string at the Suns though.

Joel Jeffrey would be an astute pickup. Starting to settle on the half back line and is a rebounding skilled player. Thow $$ and match the long term contract he has already. Worse outcome he inows we are interested in the future and cap space at the Suns will always be a problem with the talent on that list.

Good point on cap space deals.

From a marketing standpoint how much would they get with Dusty AND Flyin Ryan on the poster boards in 2025? Would not be surprised if an extra 5 to 10,000 per game turned up.

Davies would be excellent to pick up at a discount. Defensive game is good just needs to work on getting more of it. Playing 7th string at the Suns though.

Joel Jeffrey would be an astute pickup. Starting to settle on the half back line and is a rebounding skilled player. Thow $$ and match the long term contract he has already. Worse outcome he inows we are interested in the future and cap space at the Suns will always be a problem with the talent on that list.
Yeah would’ve been a perfect pick up and you never know if they go down the Dan Rioli track but unlikely.

Lachie showed the full package in a fantastic performance here. He was excellent in the air, taking several intercept marks as part of his 9 intercept possessions for the game, he ran off his opponent assertively to launch attacking moves and he used his tidy foot skills to hit targets at varying distances.

Lachie showed the full package in a fantastic performance here. He was excellent in the air, taking several intercept marks as part of his 9 intercept possessions for the game, he ran off his opponent assertively to launch attacking moves and he used his tidy foot skills to hit targets at varying distances.

Would be a fantastic option with our 3R pick oh wait

Who is projecting a WA mid as a top 3 prospect next year?

I’ve asked you before who is the mid?
I'll back Rodriguez to be a top 10 pick next year. He's a nice size, has a burst of pace and backs himself to take on the game and break lines. Can't say anything more than that at this stage, but if he ended up a top 3 pick it wouldn't be that surprising.

I'll back Rodriguez to be a top 10 pick next year. He's a nice size, has a burst of pace and backs himself to take on the game and break lines. Can't say anything more than that at this stage, but if he ended up a top 3 pick it wouldn't be that surprising.
I wanted to hear where random260 is reading a WA mid is rated top 3. I know Davo-27 had Kelly top 3, but that was early this year, before the WA bottom aged kids played in the Championships.

So my question was which kid is rated top 3, by who and where?

I wanted to hear where random260 is reading a WA mid is rated top 3. I know Davo-27 had Kelly top 3, but that was early this year, before the WA bottom aged kids played in the Championships.

I'm going off Davos list. Then you have Cody Curtin. So WA talent is not short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d imagine he’s talking about Rodriguez but it’s a big call to be saying top 3. Would be fair to say he looks like he will start fairly high next year his games at the champs were very good for an underage player.

Davies yes.

Garcia yes.

Dev. You are letting emotion cloud your view. Yes.

All three add good midfield depth which is something we desperately need. Including defensive effort.
I didn't say no to Dev, just I have low interest in him. I watched him very closely in his draft year, and his kicking is quite poor so had low interest then and still do. If we got him for pick 60 plus, fine.

Definitely top end type player, speed, breaks lines and has a beautiful kick.

Rodriguez and Curtin have impressed, Ludowyke has been good at Sandy, Kelly did well and in good colts form, then you have Sharp and Greeves, Sharp having a big game or 2 for SA and Greeves rivalling Smillie for best big mid at Eastern in a couple games, this is just off the top of my head apologise if I missed any.

He’s restricted, not unrestricted so we’d match any bid that’s not band 1 and force a trade anyway. If we extend him this year it will show a total lack of insight into the list state and FA system by the club.

Band 1 then take the top 3 pick, if band 2 then happily match and keep him or force a trade.just

Just on the Restricted FA are we sure?

The years I get but isnt the rule is you need to be in the top 25% highest contracts at the club?

If not you are unrestricted.

Jake signed a two year deal on lower money as he was off crook and not playing.

Pretty much the same place isn't it, hot, crocodiles, jelly fish and barramundi!

We dont have mountains and cool weather.

And our crocs and mozzies are bigger.

Not to mention fireworks.

Fail Captain America GIF

fireworks GIF

Would you just **** off back to the brissie board.
If he thinks a WA mid is rated top 3 next year, its his opinion and no one on here has to justify that position with you!

Outside of Cox who seems to be the favourite on our boards at the moment, I think Josh Carr would be worth a look at.
Coached at SANFL level, Assistant at power and recently at Freo during there rebuild years and now back at the Power.

Comes form outside of the club which I don’t think would hurt at all. I think his attitude and ruthlessness would bring a little bit of balance to what has been a very passive club over the last handful of years.

Would love for us to look at someone such as a Pendlebury as a playing assistant in the way Sam Mitchell did also. We should be playing a number of kids in the coming years and having someone with his leadership skills would be a bonus.

Would like us to spend a little more on our development coaching, it’s one of the downsides to having an experienced coach who chews up a large chunk of cap space.

Last edited:
Back