List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
So we paid Baker good coin for 5 years.

Had he played 1 more season at RFC he would have qualified as a FA.

How did we not agree with RFC that he be signed for 1 more season then we throw 4 years and $ to trigger Band 1.

No trade for us. Get him for nothing.

RFC get Band 1 next season and likely Top 3 pick.

So many options… Why????
When have you ever seen anything like that done?

So if we had pick 1.

And the first four players taken were all academy kids or father sons going to teams playing finals.

And we use our pick 1 getting the 5th choice. The draft isnt compromised?

Be back in 10....... ;) ;)

We don't have accessed to those kids anyway, so why view them as a loss?

I don’t understand the fascination with getting Warner? People pinning their hopes on a dude that goes missing when the going gets tough and needs to get his hands dirty aka another Tim Kelly.

He’s no messiah and he alone won’t even move the needle at our club, heck Judd and Ablett at their prime wouldn’t even do much at our shambles of a club right now, we need plenty of talented players not just one flashy cherry on top dude.

I’d be livid if we sold the farm for him
Correct, it’s not the time to do it, the most efficient way of building team is drafting elite talent with the lowest risk, ie with high draft picks.

Our clubs methodology is always taking as many picks in the 8-16 range as possible, despite having a questionable success rate drafting from this range, whilst paying top market price for established talent.

We should be building through the draft and putting the bodies required to protect youth (apparently undersized outside flankers) through free hits in free agency/msd, late round picks from the wafl, vfl, sanfl.

The choices we’re making is a recipe for long term mediocrity.

The club continues to follow a contrarian path, whilst everyone wants to trade up/into this draft we’re trading down or into the future. I’m not sure how many times one club has to wear egg on its face making moves thinking it’s smarter than every other club but all it takes is one look of where we’re at to see it hasn’t worked out

Oh, and another thing, on a day of big things to be pissed off about - one minor thing.

Pyke getting all school teacher with us and Duffield saying ‘I think you need to understand that we don’t get Jack Graham if we don’t get Liam Baker’.

He’s acting like we secured the best one two midfield punch on the market.

Oh, and another thing, on a day of big things to be pissed off about - one minor thing.

Pyke getting all school teacher with us and Duffield saying ‘I think you need to understand that we don’t get Jack Graham if we don’t get Liam Baker’.

Like, he’s acting like we secured the best one two midfield punch on the market.
WTF does that mean?
We agreed to a package deal? With those 2 players or with Richmond? If with Richmond, is that even allowed lol?

I think the only list manager that was trigger happy is West Coast’s. putting everything in the line for Baker who is worth a second rounder at best and is 27 years old and he traded out pick 3 in a super draft.

Happy for you to keep TB but you need atleast another F1 to be in the running for Warner next year.

The only KPD to be traded for two firsts is Lever who was 21 at the time. Barrass is 29 and has back issues which he has publicly stated. A F1 and F2 is a fair trade IMO without you sending anything back.

If you don’t trade him you have a 30 year old defender next year on your books with less draft capital to use before Tassie comes in, making the future drafts more compromised.

Your club has sold you an unrealistic dream and failed to deliver. The proof is in the pudding today and it will be either way it goes tomorrow.
**** off Moron. The AFL is rigged in the pricktorians favour. We will always lose these battles.

"Pyke said there was never any thought of walking Baker or Owies through the drafts despite having the option.
“That’s just not how we’re going to do business,” Pyke said."

Honestly rubbish. Bring the hard edge back please.

Embarassing. Just embarassing.

We are not the kings of the castle here. We have the worst list in the league and need as much help as we can get.

**** the arrogance ingrained in people like Pyke is frustrating (and Nisbett before him).

We need to use the PSD, we need to ask for assistance packages.

We also incentially need to use our top picks on elite gun mids, which appears to be a completely foreign concept to anyone remotely associated to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with it. Not getting the melts on here.
Way I see it -
Downgrading 68 to 73 is negligible. Whatever.

Trading 63 for Owies is good. Would trade that range pick for an established half decent player anytime.

Downgrading 3 to 12 and Baker is ok. Never going to know who we rated at 3 or how they would have gone compared to who we will take at 12 (or wherever it ends up being). Pick 3 could be a Masten, could be a Judd...

Would I have preferred to keep 14 rather than Baker? Maybe. But a bird in the hand and all...

It's certainly not the worst ever, let's sack everyone and burn down the club trade that most are making it out as.
Owies was going to be deliste
I'm ok with it. Not getting the melts on here.
Way I see it -
Downgrading 68 to 73 is negligible. Whatever.

Trading 63 for Owies is good. Would trade that range pick for an established half decent player anytime.

Downgrading 3 to 12 and Baker is ok. Never going to know who we rated at 3 or how they would have gone compared to who we will take at 12 (or wherever it ends up being). Pick 3 could be a Masten, could be a Judd...

Would I have preferred to keep 14 rather than Baker? Maybe. But a bird in the hand and all...

It's certainly not the worst ever, let's sack everyone and burn down the club trade that most are making it out as.
Because you have it so wrong Owies was going to be delisted by Carlton there was only GC and us interested
So giving up a pick for him is nonsense
Pick 3 should of been all it needed
That we gave up 63 and 68 is unforgivable so two picks would of still got us a decent player in this draft
Pick 3 is going to be a star 200 game player who would give us a one two punch for 10 years in the midfield

Looking at draft rankings some have top 5 that others have in late teens . If we had pick 6 and Baker we could well have the same player at 12 or equally ranked by others . This is why they say this is an even spread down as far as pick 20 .
At pick 6 we get the choice at pick 15 its who the other teams didn't choose

WTF does that mean?
We agreed to a package deal? With those 2 players or with Richmond? If with Richmond, is that even allowed lol?
I assume it meant that we gave Graham reassurance that Baker will be signed.

That’s not the bit that irked me; it was the gaslighting that Graham is a massive coup and that we all partied in the streets when he signed.

Enough hours now to digest this, The only thing i can make sense of is we are trying to get Warner next year?. Which goes to show we can't draft & develop decent midfielders!, WCE would rather pay the kings ransom to bring in developed players. . Pyke & Matt Clarke should have a commitment to WCE - not to Baker z999999.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back