List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone actually able to show me a quote where Baker said he wants Richmond to be well compensated or is this another one of those made up sooks from the usual bedwetters?
Can people stop being called bedwetters when our club sucks as hard as it does?

I can basically expel 12 beers of piss from my bladder onto my bed and still be justified given where we are at as a club

Can people stop being called bedwetters when our club sucks as hard as it does?

I can basically expel 12 beers of piss from my bladder onto my bed and still be justified given where we are at as a club
Of course West Coast sucks. But that’s not what I’m talking about.

I’m talking about someone likely making something up about Baker thinking he gets to decide how much we pay for him (how ridiculous) and then posters latching onto that as an excuse to do the whole “Ah geez classic West Coast hey” routine and then melting about it before it’s even happened.

Don Pyke on finding the balance between what we use to trade for players and the need to retain good draft picks

Massive word salad of nothingness.

Its scary though Pyke + list manager havnt spoken about our trade period given we are like 3 days away from it existing. What the hell have they been doing the last 3 months?

I'm confident Pyke will make sure we get the picks we want. We are in massive rebuild and i can't believe everyone is falling for Barrass for Baker.

The only reason they are letting Barrass go is we can actually get some great capital out of it. With Baker the media can spruik pick 13 all they like but WC can say no as he as out of contract.

Its scary though Pyke + list manager havnt spoken about our trade period given we are like 3 days away from it existing. What the hell have they been doing the last 3 months?
Looking for a coach?

Also, the fact nobody knew who the coach would be should give you a pretty strong indication that they've zero intention of being a leaky boat in regards to list management.

I was just going to go with the below

Dear Pykey

Why is our list manager such a fat stupid dickhead. Our list is crap and so far he hasnt done anything about it. Could you please let that walking ball of anus puss know that we are not happy
Geez how old are you ? 10?
And it’s pus not puss!

Why would they speak publicly? It serves no purpose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get at least 30 back for the TB deal if the Future first isn’t a goer.

As the other poster said. At least 29 in the Baker for 13 deal 🤯

3, 23,29,30 and Champion plus need a rookie spot for Mature age ruck (Blakiston?)

Baker + Graham + Dev + Garcia.

10 spots needed so 11 retirements/Delistings/Trades
1- Gaff (Retired)
2- TB (Traded)
3- Darling (Traded)
4- Culley (Traded/delisted)
5- L Edwards (medically retired)
6- Witherden (delisted
7- Rotham (free agent?)
8- Trew (delisted)
9- Baker (delisted)
10- Jones (delisted)
11- Burgiel (the one I would re rookie if we have any other players traded out)
I still think two picks inside the top 10 would be handy.

Barrass + F2 to Hawks for 13 + F1

13, 23 + 59 to Freo for 9 + 27

3 + Hawks' F1 to Gold Coast for 6, 20 + 26

Offer 27 to Richmond for Baker + 39 (Richmond also picks up 22 for Graham)

Darling to North for 58

58 to Brisbane for Robertson + 69

Go to the draft with 6, 9, 20, 26, 39 + 69

Baker + Robertson in through trades; Graham via free agency

Still have our F1, F3 + F4 for next year

In the event of barass not landing a F1, what's our relationship with Brisbane like?

30,42,58,59 (1352 pts) trade for pick 18 (985pts).

Barass = 13 + 30
3 traded to Adelaide for 4 + 42
Darling traded for 58

Go to the draft with 4, 13, 18, 23

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That could be our best bet. Might need to keep some points handy at the back end for Champion.

To an extent I agree. Rotham was never a backman, but Simmo in his half-blinded vision couldn't see him anywhere else. He would be a good wingman, in the Embley mould, if given the opportunity there. He has the tools.
Sorry don't agree. Even a bloke played out of position will just show a few moments where they announce themselves as a player but Rotham has had 72 games and his Wow! moments could be counted on one hand. Happy for him to get another go but just don't really see him as AFL standard.

Rotham will move or be delisted.

Not surprised if Culley finds a new home.

Witherden could be unlucky. Going to be a few unlucky players out of contract moved on. And a few less talented player retained on clubs lists simply because they are in contract.
Witherden sucks . To slow shit kick turnover merchant.

Brisbane knew and paid half his salary to move him on .

Look at how both teams have gone since then . One makes good decisions one makes poor decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back