List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or they could just split pick 2 for two 1R selections this year and keep their F1. Only a moron wouldn’t understand that, never mind the ignorance of not realising that Collingwood are likely to get pick 13 and send it to Port Adelaide for Houston. Come back when you don’t look, sound and behave like a fool.
It’s a club that swapped pick one and a player that was pick one the year before for pick 2 & 3 and tried to tell everyone it was a good result. Nothing should surprise.

This is what teams should be doing but they don't because they don't wanna be caught with their pants down if teams do it to them in return as retaliation. The league is definitely a 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' league.
It might happen but it won't bother Gold Coast as they won't be holding pick 6 on draft night and clubs won't bid on a player unless they're happy to be stuck with them

The harvey langford that collected 12 possesion in his debut against men in vfl?

An argument can be made against his peers in junior and Head to head. But against men it's not the case
Technically he played vs Coburg and Footscray in the academy games. So delete your post.

He was good in both

It’s a club that swapped pick one and a player that was pick one the year before for pick 2 & 3 and tried to tell everyone it was a good result. Nothing should surprise.
They also turned a third round pick into a first rounder so they didn't do too bad out of it, though Cadman would have been a better choice for them in hindsight.

It might happen but it won't bother Gold Coast as they won't be holding pick 6 on draft night and clubs won't bid on a player unless they're happy to be stuck with them
Itd cost them a shit load more points than they are planning on spending though, it could put them in a points deficit for next year.
No chance they dont match either, theyll trade out all their picks for points, itll be Lombard or a kid right at the end of the draft

Called this weeks ago.

It's currently looking like it's going to be an incredibly underwhelming first off season for our new regime.
To be fair we still have no idea what the club is thinking, other than 3 might be on the table.
Baker seems very likely and Graham is a maybe.

Really nothing to be negative about at this stage, aside from out 2nd rounder being pushed back to much

Leo Lombard with a 2.85 sprint and 7.812 agility. Seriously nippy.
aroused austin powers GIF

I know it's piss off GC to no end but I'd love for us to bid on him at 3 (if we don't split)
Really like the look of him.

GC can work out a tasty trade for 6 as a thanks for not bidding.
Spoke to Leo as well. He is looking forward to living at home next year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

To be fair we still have no idea what the club is thinking, other than 3 might be on the table.
Baker seems very likely and Graham is a maybe.

Really nothing to be negative about at this stage, aside from out 2nd rounder being pushed back to much
I've got red flags on Graham, Baker linked to westcoast the moment mcqualter announced as coach, and I'm guessing Graham wants to come to us as soon as baker becomes an eagle. Screams nepotism to me.

I'd love to be proven wrong with graham/baker in 2025, but like a lot of people I'm scared how the clubs going to handle this trade period.

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've got red flags on Graham, Baker linked to westcoast the moment mcqualter announced as coach, and I'm guessing Graham wants to come to us as soon as baker becomes an eagle. Screams nepotism to me.

I'd love to be proven wrong with graham/baker in 2025, but like a lot of people I'm scared how the clubs going to handle this trade period.

Most winners immediately after trade period, never turn out to be the real winners 12 months later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion was 2nd in agility and Bo Allen placed 4th in agility. Champion also 5th in the sprint with 2.938 seconds for the 20m.

James Barrat the best performing Pioneer hitting almost 3 seconds in the 20m sprint and 8.28 in agility.

Although Lavinia Cox in the girls broke the combine record for agility with 8.163. The basketball background kicking in there.

Thats the thing though, we have no idea how the club is going to handle the trade period. Completely new management, and no indication from the club of any deals so far.

Getting in baker and graham is fine, they add something to the b22 that we lack. Who cares if they want to come over together? What difference does that make?
As long as we dont pay overs for Baker(theres been no real indication we will) then we cant really lose

Champion was 2nd in agility and Bo Allen placed 4th in agility. Champion also 5th in the sprint with 2.938 seconds for the 20m.

James Barrat the best performing Pioneer hitting almost 3 seconds in the 20m sprint and 8.28 in agility.

Although Lavinia Cox in the girls broke the combine record for agility with 8.163. The basketball background kicking in there.

Harvey Longford near the bottom for the sprint, got to be a concern for him.

Bo Allan is who I want at pick 14. I don't want to use that on Baker.

Thats the thing though, we have no idea how the club is going to handle the trade period. Completely new management, and no indication from the club of any deals so far.

Getting in baker and graham is fine, they add something to the b22 that we lack. Who cares if they want to come over together? What difference does that make?
As long as we dont pay overs for Baker(theres been no real indication we will) then we cant really lose
Imo Graham adds nothing, Baker is handy at the right price. We know that sliding pick 3 or pick 14 via reasonable people in the know cal twomey/rhino daniels so it's fair to say they wouldn't be far off the mark

Holy **** wait until agility testing is done

Harvey langford is done. Completely done for me. Came 4th last in 20m with a time of 3.24. That's horrific and even slower then some ruckman. Alex dodson a 200cm ruck got 3.28

That may be a regression in his previous testing time.

Itd cost them a shit load more points than they are planning on spending though, it could put them in a points deficit for next year.
No chance they dont match either, theyll trade out all their picks for points, itll be Lombard or a kid right at the end of the draft
Who is realistically going to bid on him though?

Holy **** wait until agility testing is done

Harvey langford is done. Completely done for me. Came 4th last in 20m with a time of 3.24. That's horrific and even slower then some ruckman
Chill. Patrick Cripps ran 3.23 and is a dual Brownlow Medallist. He’ll fit in well to the right system.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back