List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links:
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:

If the club didn't think Garcia was a good fit, then we are hardly going to chase him.
The club would know better than us if it was a good move. If we haven't shown much interest then it mustn't be a good fit. Could be a multitude of reasons why

What does Emerg for Garcia mean?

Inferring that no firm offer for him came from West Coast.

No idea why the club wouldn't at least show an interest here.

Hawthorn list manager putting the eagles in for not even showing up as yet even thought the period started an hour ago

If true, that's very concerning.

The way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if the club forgot about daylight savings kicking in.

Externally, it all appears a shambles at the moment.

We don’t but the journos are pretty close to it. The ones who are reporting we didn’t emerge for him, are also they ones who said that they believe if either WA did out an offer to him, he’d likely accept.
There could be a multitude of reasons. Dogs expect too much, Garcia didn't want to move, etc.

We aren't privy to the ins and outs yet posters continue to lose their shit because fringe players from middling teams aren't requesting trades to us.

I just don't get it.

If the club didn't think Garcia was a good fit, then we are hardly going to chase him.
The club would know better than us if it was a good move. If we haven't shown much interest then it mustn't be a good fit. Could be a multitude of reasons why
Clearly. Might of been from him or us.

Issue being is we hardly have the runs on the board to back in the list team and recruiters where you don’t question them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There could be a multitude of reasons. Dogs expect too much, Garcia didn't want to move, etc.

We aren't privy to the ins and outs yet posters continue to lose their shit because fringe players from middling teams aren't requesting trades to us.

I just don't get it.

It could be worse, we could pay overs for Best 22 players from a team even worse than we are.

Wait.

I just don't get it.
While there might be a good reason why we did or didn’t go down those path. Who knows Clarke might say it’s an option in the next 5 mins.

I just don’t get that there are club nuffies who don’t question why the club did not didn’t do something? After years of getting things wrong.

Some are so blinded they will defend the club no matter what

While there might be a good reason why we did or didn’t go down those path. Who knows Clarke might say it’s an option in the next 5 mins.

I just don’t get that there are club nuffies who don’t question why the club did not didn’t do something? After years of getting things wrong.

Some are so blinded they will defend the club no matter what
You're losing your shit over things that haven't happened yet, then calling people 'nuffies' because they'd rather wait to see an outcome before melting.

Have some self-awareness ffs.

Inferring that no firm offer for him came from West Coast.

No idea why the club wouldn't at least show an interest here.

If true, that's very concerning.

The way things are going, it wouldn't surprise me if the club forgot about daylight savings kicking in.

Externally, it all appears a shambles at the moment.

Making the Hawks wait is the club in shambles?

We have other matters needing attention first. Let them wait and sweat.

If I was the Eagles before seeing the Hawks I would very publically be having closed doors meetings with the Swans, Bulldogs and Saint Kilda. All three would be keen on Barrass if the Hawks deal fell flat.

That's how you extract best value. Not by running to meet the Hawks in the first hour of trade week.

Clearly. Might of been from him or us.

Issue being is we hardly have the runs on the board to back in the list team and recruiters where you don’t question them?
We just don't know, the club doesn't tell us everybody they target, and they shouldn't have to.
Maybe they didn't really want Garcia, but would take him for cheap, or we have other targets that are in the works who we prefer.
We were never really seriously linked anyway, sounded more like a passing interest at most.

Too early to judge the list managers on anything. They haven't done anything yet

You're losing your shit over things that haven't happened yet, then calling people 'nuffies' because they'd rather wait to see an outcome before melting.

Have some self-awareness ffs.
If the shoe fits.

Not having melts by question something?

Eagles are a big club and lucky to have fans who just cop what they get given without questions.

We have had outcomes? The club was founded today?

Would pick 67 plus a F3 pick be enough for Robertson !

No.

Dev made the mistake of signing a two-year contract last year - he's contracted to the end of 2025.

F3 picks are worth nothing now with changed points coming in, and Brisbane are only concerned with gaining points this year for Ashcroft and Marshall.

Lions will hold him to his contract unless an offer comes in that is well above his value and helps their points situation.

If the shoe fits.

Not having melts by question something?

Eagles are a big club and lucky to have fans who just cop what they get given without questions.

We have had outcomes? The club was founded today?
The new list manager hasn't had a chance to do anything yet lmao, let him at least do a trade before melting about him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back