List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In: 12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
His lack of composure caused him to turn it over a few times, in the highlights.
To be fair to Allan, he was in the colt team and joined the League team for the finals. I don't think he knew the league team well. I believe he was asked to move the ball as quickly as possible inside 50. That game was a typical WAFL final, not pretty and high forward pressure. He was one of the better performers in that WAFL Prelim Final win.

Currently have the best stack of picks for next year.

I know next year is comprised with FS, NA, NGA but with the discount being less won’t those extra picks hold decent currency? Would we be better off using them to trade up with next year instead of having to pay a premium to get back into the draft this year?
Each picks points value is worth less as well, making it harder to package up two picks and move far up the draft order, while still giving the other team a large points increase.

Using this year’s ladder, and next year’s points values for your two second round picks.

Pick 21 (721) + Pick 30 (454) = 1175.

If a team was looking for a 200 points upgrade, pick 15 is worth 974 points.

A team could match a bid at pick 10 (1148) when the discount is applied.

My gut reaction is it’s going to be much more expensive to trade up, especially if you’re targeting a pick where the team has a kid that might be the third kid bid on, as that’s really pushing your first trade-able pick back and devaluating it under the new system.

I'd be incredibly surprised if Richmond get decent crowds, like we have been, while they're in the doldrums.

Bandwagoners of the highest order.
I know this lady from Melbourne. Her husband is a Tigers supporter. Last year she was, "it's so bad, he stopped watching it". I was, "They won three flags, suck it up". Probably the most fickle team in the AFL.

By many of your own members here, Kelly is a down hill skier and goes missing when asked to do the hard yards.
TK is an outsider. Outsiders struggle to play when their team can't win enough contests. This is why no one spends top 10 picks on them any more. You recruit outsiders once you've got most of your team together. Put TK into Freo or Port and he goes back to prime Geelong form.

Yuck.

Will be all time low off season if we draft him.
He looks okay (Bo Allan), but composure is an issue. The real class can hold the ball a bit longer and make the correct decision almost all the time. He looks like another Ginbey. The Pendelbury and Sidebottom types generally sit right at the top of the draft. They rarely waste the ball.

Wasn’t it reported in the media (also by Daniel’s, I think) that we rejected Carlton’s initial offer of 12&14 for pick 3 and we only accepted after they included Owies in the deal.
Anyway, the bigger problem is with sending pick 14 to Richmond for an OCC Baker and nothing else. Paid too much for him. Should have got something back (ideally pick 24).
It seems Clarke had a Liam Baker or bust approach to the whole trade week. May expalain why it took so long to get the Barrass trade done. Who knows what offers we would have got if we received those future picks earlier.

Apparently we offered GWS 3 for 15 and 16 before Carlton stepped in. Sack Clarke sooner rather than later please.
Have you ever worked at a place where someone in a leadership position is making a really bad decision based on their own benefit? That's what this is. I once worked at a place where a manager took half of a guy's sales territory (the part with some big clients) and gave it to the inside sales girl because he wanted to tap her. The sales guy left and the guy making the decision was sacked with 6 months.

Geez, I don't see much difference on where both team lists are at.

Difference is Richmond traded out some of their mid aged players for picks when they could, rather than letting players age out and retire.

McGovern (32), Gaff (32), Cripps (32), Yeo (31), Kelly (30), Sheed (29).

West Coast have two good key forwards entering their prime years, other than that, there's very little difference between where both lists are at, apart from obviously Harley Reid, and Richmonds plethora of draft picks in this years draft.

Every now and again I unignore you to see if anything has changed.

Nope, still trolling with NFI.

Back onto ignore you go.

Am interested to see how the Lions go after Daniher retiring and Hipwood reportedly carrying OP.

A couple of key pillars in any team, one gone and the other struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t it reported in the media (also by Daniel’s, I think) that we rejected Carlton’s initial offer of 12&14 for pick 3 and we only accepted after they included Owies in the deal.
Anyway, the bigger problem is with sending pick 14 to Richmond for an OCC Baker and nothing else. Paid too much for him. Should have got something back (ideally pick 24).
It seems Clarke had a Liam Baker or bust approach to the whole trade week. May expalain why it took so long to get the Barrass trade done. Who knows what offers we would have got if we received those future picks earlier.
I thought the problem was selling 3 to bypass real class. But: I know nothing.

Every now and again I unignore you to see if anything has changed.

Nope, still trolling with NFI.

Back onto ignore you go.

Am interested to see how the Lions go after Daniher retiring and Hipwood reportedly carrying OP.

A couple of key pillars in any team, one gone and the other struggling.
Thing is, if you put someone on ignore, they can’t see or read your posts, and certainly wouldn’t see this post.

So I don’t believe you when you say you’ve had me on ignore, because I’ve been reading your posts all these months.

Thing is, if you put someone on ignore, they can’t see or read your posts, and certainly wouldn’t see this post.

So I don’t believe you when you say you’ve had me on ignore, because I’ve been reading your posts all these months.

Since when did it work that way? I always thought if someone was ignored you couldn't see the ignored persons post (you could see a post was made and choose to see it), they could still see yours.

no mate, the lyric is hips don’t lie
Forums Jersey GIF

Owies had a bit of interest for other clubs.

Probably would have cost us a pick in the 40s on his own (which we didn't have). Wasn't going to be available as a DFA.

I'm not saying he moved the needle much or really at all, it appears we were always keen to split. But I think he is also a really good pickup who we got cheap.

I'll reserve judgement if he costs us games of footy by being a selfish campaigner and decking blokes behind play when we have a shot 15m out.

I called it in the Richmond tanking thread that they won't win a game next year.

Sure, they'll Bradbury someone but they have lost 3/5 B&F winners and the other 3 top players from the count are 32, 33, 33 next year.

2025, 2026 and 2027 are going to be dark, dark days. Good.
Watch the AFL come to the rescue with PP before Tassie. I bet $1000 this happens

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really across your list, but Richmond’s is better. That’s just classic briztoon

Actually the balance of their list is even more fkd up than ours. Getting it all done in one draft isn’t without its own pitfalls with regards to staying shitter performance wise for longer, and possible retention issues for the ones that develop early relative to the others and want to chase some success if it looks like a longer road than anticipated
Everyone on here is rubbishing our trade period for losing our best picks and not getting enough in this draft
Richmond go out and do that and we rubbish them
Right now Richmond are just a victims of their success but took drastic measures to get as many draft picks as possible to rectify it long term.
The eagles looked short to mid term

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone on here is rubbishing our trade period for losing our best picks and not getting enough in this draft
Richmond go out and do that and we rubbish them
Right now Richmond are just a victims of their success but took drastic measures to get as many draft picks as possible to rectify it long term.
The eagles looked short to mid term

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Richmond have done exactly what we should have done. Kept the experience worth very little on the trade table and got maximum value for the players that commanded a big trade price.

Give me 3-4 years of bottoming out but assembling a premiership contending list over running repairs resulting in a decade of mid table mediocrity any day.

They did very, very well but Matthew Clarke’s salary should be included in their soft cap, not ours.

Gosh this narrative is tedious. Either Travaglia, Lindsay, Tauru or Berry are better options and likely two of them will be available at pick 12. Heck Hotton is a much better option despite his season-ending injury.
Hopefully another team saves us from selecting Allan.
Sure, just seems like something WC would do.

i saw that Allan was in the top 5 of the latest rookie me power rankings so thought it was possible

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back