List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a high chance we end up with Berry provided we don’t trade pick 12 for Brisbane’s F4.

Not my preference as you know but could well be the best available and he appeals to WCE.

Pretty talented kid all the same and I would understand the thinking behind drafting him, if we called his name out.

I don't think anyone still available at pick 12, ticks our exact needs, so maybe the best player available gets the nod.

Im not sure why people think Richmond is re inventing the wheel here. They are doing what Hawthorn did with the exception of getting better draft picks for the good players they let go because they were younger (when they let Mtichell O'Meara, Gunston go)

All of the things said about Richmond today were said about Hawthorn 3 years ago and they well and truly lapped us in the rebuild process.

I mean we have won 7 games out of 70. We probably not a good example of the HOW a rebuild should be done. Its probably why other clubs are avoiding doing what we are doing
People comparing Richmond to the frontier states ignore that as an entitled Vic club they will retain the talent they draft and scoop up experienced players from other clubs when the time is right. From 7 first rounders this year they will almost certainly draft 4-5 very good AFL players (maybe more) and probably a few of them genuine stars. They will hit the draft hard again next year when they bottom out again and pick up another bounty from the top of the draft.

By that time they will already have FAR more talent in their under 23's than we do after four years of this shit. Having a core of top end under 23's is the nucleus of a ten or so year run at a flag during which time they can sprinkle in some experience on an as needed basis.

We've done the opposite.

Last edited:
Pretty talented kid all the same and I would understand the thinking behind drafting him, if we called his name out.

I don't think anyone still available at pick 12, ticks our exact needs, so maybe the best player available gets the nod.

Berry doesn't make sense at that pick
Would rather Will Hayes a even better kick of the footy
Will will be a late pick has much better speed and tank
He is a little smaller than Berry but i think he is the hidden player of the draft
His kicking into the forward 50 in the colts finals for Claremont and gf was sublime

Very talented. As CountryLad said I don’t want to pigeon hole him as only a front half only player but I do think he’d be recruited with that role in mind.

Midfield and transition from defence would be the two areas I think those picks ideally would address but you’re right we’re certainly not in a position to be picking specific roles and no doubt we’ll take the best available.

Very talented. As CountryLad said I don’t want to pigeon hole him as only a front half only player but I do think he’d be recruited with that role in mind.

Midfield and transition from defence would be the two areas I think those picks ideally would address but you’re right we’re certainly not in a position to be picking specific roles and no doubt we’ll take the best available.
Conversation is arguably the issue. We are trying to solve one of 2. We should be solving both…

Is it too late to join and give my 2 cents about trade week?

It's taken me a few days to absorb all the information, and as much as I don't like trading away a pick 3, I think the move to bring in senior players and trying to win more games in 2025 is the right move.

WC need a winning culture, and even though Richmond has a great hand of picks, they are going to be in for years of pain and will be the "new North" stuck to the bottom for the next 5 years.

WC have Wes Walley, Charlie Banfield and Koby Evans as NGA/FS next year - our F1 pick (likely top 5) needs to be kept and used on a prime mid in 2025 (if not used in trade for the Chad).

The Hawks F1 we should look to trade to get back into this year's draft. 1 picks in the 10-15 range or 2 picks in the 20-35 range would be ideal.

It will be interesting to see how many later picks get swallowed up amounting to points to match bids. Will bring our pick in the 70s lower.

Koby Evans?

Is it just Koby Stevens wearing wearing glasses and a fake moustache?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤣 I hear you. I say the same thing every time we stay in the family bungalow on Phu Quoc.

Fair few posters in this thread I wouldn't mind sending to a bungalow on Phu Quoff.

Whilst I'm not happy with his performance, You can't blame him for Taranto or Hopper.
That was a list decision
The trade dome was his decision. A gross overpay once again cos he didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. Guy is a failure . He gave up equivalent of pick 3 for Taranto and equivalent of pick 6 for Hopper. Literally gave up twice as much for Hopper as Geelong did for Bailey Smith this year

Well I've been pretty calm about my assessment of the whole trade let me indulge.

**** you Clarke for ruining my draft day. I was looking forward to that day as much as Christmas. You ruined it **** you. Every single player getting picked before we pick I will spew and flip you the bird

With all that said everyone will get mad but pick 23 needs to go to Alex Dodson. We need a ruck in our system. Haters can hate on Clarke

Gary Stocks puff piece on the trade period

Nearly fell out of my chair. They are conceding it may be the wrong move.

That's pretty big concession. Would have thought they would spread north Korean propaganda saying best deal of all time and happy clapper seals would swallow it.

Guess they can't hide the anger. Excellent

Last edited:
We should be talking to Melbourne about a pick 5 swap for out future 1st.

Why it makes sense?

They have come out and stated they are open to anything.

Melbourne hold a 2nd top 10 pick as well so they stay in the 1st round.

We have future picks to do it.

Now should Harley not be re-signed by the end of 2025 a trade next year could be on the cards. So teams who are interested will need to be ready and with a decent recent trade record with us. Sorry Hawks you are not invited. ;)

If not pick 5 then chase pick 9 and we use the Hawks F1st plus a 2nd and retain our F1st. Turn Barrass and our F4th into 2024 pick 9 plus HF3rd.

Last edited:
Well I've been pretty calm about my assessment of the whole trade let me indulge.

** you Clarke for ruining my draft day. I was looking forward to that day as much as Christmas. You ruined it ** you. Every single player getting picked before we pick I will spew and flip you the bird

With all that said everyone will get mad but pick 23 needs to go to Alex Dodson. We need a ruck in our system. Haters can hate on Clarke
No you havent. Youve tossed the dummy out the cot every day on here.

You need to get over it.:rolleyes::$

We arent to trade Hawks future picks, they will be valued at top 4

Theres a very good chance they could slide

Our F1 is a known quantity and Swans will demand it next year for Warner, if we are confident of this happening, trade 2025 R1 now

Saints are the best options

F1 for 8 and their F2

Leaves us with Hawks 2025 R1 and 2026 WCE R1

If DGB had spent the last 4 years on our list churning out the same level of performance as he has at Hawthorn posters here would be clamouring for his delisting

But because he’s been somewhere else supposedly we should look at him

I’d rather keep Rotham
I'd rather train Barnett as a backman, as that is where I think he should play. Delist Rotham and rookie list another ruckman

We arent to trade Hawks future picks, they will be valued at top 4

Theres a very good chance they could slide

Our F1 is a known quantity and Swans will demand it next year for Warner, if we are confident of this happening, trade 2025 R1 now

Saints are the best options

F1 for 8 and their F2

Leaves us with Hawks 2025 R1 and 2026 WCE R1
We couldn't straight up trade our F1 last year, why do people think we will get more than a straight swap this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back