List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
geez there’s a couple of posters on B/F who need a spinal transplant.
Toughen up you f**king sooks!
They claim to post here to get ideas out there for debate!
It’s not debating it’s just miserable whining!
Debate? What are you debating while spewing your shite non stop?
LET IT GO!!
MOVE ON!!

We all agree on one thing we faired poorly in this draft so far. Lets hope we keep next year's draft picks and we don't do the same next year.
Forget Chad he will resign with Sydney and focus on getting some young talent in the door.
We are going to be an improved team next year with who we have brought in the door, but it will be short lived unless we find some top talent before Tassie arrive.

We all agree on one thing we faired poorly in this draft so far. Lets hope we keep next year's draft picks and we don't do the same next year.
Forget Chad he will resign with Sydney and focus on getting some young talent in the door.
We are going to be an improved team next year with who we have brought in the door, but it will be short lived unless we find some top talent before Tassie arrive.
Hopefully Chad puts us all out of our misery and does something like re-sign with the Swans mid year so we can be fully invested in the draft or something, cos hold onto your ass if it's round 20 and onward and he hasn't signed anyhting

We should be talking to Melbourne about a pick 5 swap for out future 1st.

Why it makes sense?

They have come out and stated they are open to anything.

Melbourne hold a 2nd top 10 pick as well so they stay in the 1st round.

We have future picks to do it.

Now should Harley not be re-signed by the end of 2025 a trade next year could be on the cards. So teams who are interested will need to be ready and with a decent recent trade record with us. Sorry Hawks you are not invited. ;)

If not pick 5 then chase pick 9 and we use the Hawks F1st plus a 2nd and retain our F1st. Turn Barrass and our F4th into 2024 pick 9 plus HF3rd.
Mate calm down

Hopefully Chad puts us all out of our misery and does something like re-sign with the Swans mid year so we can be fully invested in the draft or something, cos hold onto your ass if it's round 20 and onward and he hasn't signed anyhting

Exactly.

**** Chad.

After paying what we did for peak priced Kelly the last thing I want is overpaying for an absolutely maxxed out Chad Warner.

Sooner he re-signs with the Swans the better. Put the onus back on the dipstick drafting team and coaches to find and develop our own Chad, not pay the king's ransom for the one we missed in favour of Kelly.

Talk about doubling down on stuff up.

This is who I think the top 9 prospects are:

Levi Ashcroft
Leo Lombard
Jagga Smith
Finn O'Sullivan
Sid Draper
Josh Smillie
Sam Lalor
Harvey Langford
Murphy Reid

We're at 14 assuming Kako goes after that. Ashcroft and Lombard are at the top because they are mathematically 0 chance of sliding.

Do any of those guys slide? Is someone in that top 14 going to say, "we have to take a KPF" or "we think Allan is the next Fyfe/Cripps"?

KPF: Harry Armstrong, Jobe Shanahan
HBF: Tobie Travaglia
MID: Xavier Lindsay, Bo Allan
KPD: Alix Tauru

Smillie, Draper would be good. Unlikely to slide. If they don't slide, I'm hoping one of TT or Tauru is available. Pick 12 is not a good place to be.

Unless it’s a deal in our favour where we literally can’t lose (eg F2 for pick 19) we should hold ALL our future picks and use them next year at full value. Bumper WA crop next year and losing out twice on a shit trade by doubling down is just dumb.

Watch Clarke trade Hawthorn’s F1 and pick 12 for pick 10 from Richmond and tell us all what a great trade it was to move up two spots.
The only problem with this theory is giving Matt clarke a very strong hand next year just so he can **** it all up. I wish we traded our f1 last year for Curtin cause it'd mean at least we didn't completely screw up this year's draft

On SM-A155F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well I've been pretty calm about my assessment of the whole trade let me indulge.

** you Clarke for ruining my draft day. I was looking forward to that day as much as Christmas. You ruined it ** you. Every single player getting picked before we pick I will spew and flip you the bird

With all that said everyone will get mad but pick 23 needs to go to Alex Dodson. We need a ruck in our system. Haters can hate on Clarke

Nearly fell my chair. They are conceding it may be the wrong move.

That's pretty big concession. Would have thought they would spread north Korean propaganda saying best deal of all time and happy clapper seals would swallow it.

Guess they can't hide the anger. Excellent
You can’t **** up at this level and not acknowledge it is the issue. We made one of the bigger mistakes in recent memory. Acknowledging it this quickly is just sad, because if you have buyers remorse this quickly then why did you buy it to begin with.

Is Berry like Rachelle? If so we should get him

Owies, Dewar, Long, Champion, Hewett, Baker, Brockman, Rawlson PLUS Cripps and Petruccelle all play that position.

A better player of a higher need will be there IMO.

Lindsay makes the most sense and would be great. Read his bio and it just screams Richmond rebound run and gun style. Composure by hand and foot, quick to take territory by overlap running, short or long kicks on his left. Loves to defend as much as attack. Leadership quaities. Country lad.

Last edited:
geez there’s a couple of posters on B/F who need a spinal transplant.
Toughen up you f**king sooks!
They claim to post here to get ideas out there for debate!
It’s not debating it’s just miserable whining!
Debate? What are you debating while spewing your shite non stop?
LET IT GO!!
MOVE ON!!
Accepting mediocrity is worse than whining. Not sure why people think otherwise

do we reach for a Hynes
This, kid can football, my only knock is his kicking appears to be just ok
I think there is a high chance we end up with Berry provided we don’t trade pick 12 for Brisbane’s F4.
One of my favourites. We need alot more players with exquisite skills. Question is can he become a midfielder

Levi Ashcroft
Leo Lombard
Jagga Smith
Finn O'Sullivan
Sid Draper
Josh Smillie
Sam Lalor
Harvey Langford
Murphy Reid

We're at 14 assuming Kako goes after that. Ashcroft and Lombard are at the top because they are mathematically 0 chance of sliding.

Do any of those guys slide? Is someone in that top 14 going to say, "we have to take a KPF" or "we think Allan is the next Fyfe/Cripps"?

Smillie, Draper would be good. Unlikely to slide. If they don't slide, I'm hoping one of TT or Tauru is available. Pick 12 is not a good place to be.
TT, Tauru or Trainor..... One of them will be there at 12.

Levi Ashcroft
Leo Lombard
Jagga Smith
Finn O'Sullivan
Sid Draper
Josh Smillie
Sam Lalor
Harvey Langford
Murphy Reid

North will split 2 to land one of Trainor or Tauru IMO. Their interest and need is not eaily hiden.

What pick will they trade in and use to get one of these guys? A top 11 pick to be sure or picks after ours? Hopefully before as it means another player slides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only problem with this theory is giving Matt clarke a very strong hand next year just so he can **** it all up. I wish we traded our f1 last year for Curtin cause it'd mean at least we didn't completely screw up this year's draft

Jesus. Can you imagine the bleating about the pick 3 we'd given up going on for a whole year if we'd got Curtin?

Honestly this better.

Owies, Dewar, Long, Champion, Hewett, Baker, Brockman, Rawlson PLUS Cripps and Petruccelle all play that position.

A better player of a higher need will be there IMO.

Lindsay makes the most sense and would be great. Read his bio and it just screams Richmond rebound run and gun style. Composure by hand and foot, Loves to defend as much as attack. Leadership quaities. Country lad.
Agree I’d like Lindsay if the top tier of mids are all gone. Looks a good balanced mid

Re-sign. Will people figure out the difference between re-sign and resign.?

I don't agree regarding the 'poor draft'. There's lots of variables and moving parts and it's not over yet, has a way to play out. We'll have a better idea during preseason and scratchies, then the reality in the first block of games. We still have no idea about the coach and his gameplan, could be a bust, hopefully not.

All going well we should absolutely be an improved team next year. With all those on our list, (especially the very young ones), and next couple trade/draft periods, am not convinced our future success will be heavily impacted by the Tassie factor, at this stage?

I just don't get "the sky has fallen in" mentality hereabouts and people abusing new players before they've even arrived let alone played a game or a scratchie.
Also we didn't like O' Brian, now we don't like Clarke...?

Last edited:
We should be talking to Melbourne about a pick 5 swap for out future 1st.

Why it makes sense?

They have come out and stated they are open to anything.

Melbourne hold a 2nd top 10 pick as well so they stay in the 1st round.

We have future picks to do it.

Now should Harley not be re-signed by the end of 2025 a trade next year could be on the cards. So teams who are interested will need to be ready and with a decent recent trade record with us. Sorry Hawks you are not invited. ;)

If not pick 5 then chase pick 9 and we use the Hawks F1st plus a 2nd and retain our F1st. Turn Barrass and our F4th into 2024 pick 9 plus HF3rd.
I would prefer to do this instead.

Melbourne hubris will have them talking up finals again next year, when I can see them staying put.

Our F1 for Melbourne F1 and 9.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Berry is more than just a small HFF.
Could easily transition into a number of roles with his skill set.

A good run at things and I think he could play anywhere it's just about development. He is one of my absolute favourites in the draft.

I mean the absolute best would mean he ends up like Lecras before doing his knee where he was looking like becoming a high end midfielder who would also kick a couple of goals a game. Just pure class. I mean Lecras got very close to that in 2014/2015 but he lost quite a bit of athleticism due to the knee.

In saying that I think Berry could be the one in this draft that is a forward now who has spent a bit of time in the midfield but due to his smarts, ability to read the play and kicking could make an elite HB.

I do however have a type when it comes to draftees and smart footballers are something that perhaps I overrate. Maybe I see more to them than is there.

There will also be either a decent quality grunt or outside mid at pick 26 or there will be plenty of tall options. I think the tall options in this draft have really come on and been undersold.

It's also why I think (without someone going over my head and trading the hawks F1) i'd really like to have an extra pick before 30. I personally think GWS pick 20 is probably the easiest to get our hands on now.

With teams holding multiple picks in front of us i'm expecting 2 to be off the board before our first pick.

Richmond not only need to take a lot of picks but the reason I don't mention chasing 1 or 2 of theirs is I think they will chase the North pick hard. North turned down 12 & 14 for pick 2 before it was offered to us. Will they accept 10 & 11 on it's own. If I was North it's hard. At 10/11 the best 2 talls could be off the table (but probably the second is still there). Richmond and Melbourne if that trade happened I would think 6 & 9 are talls. Do the saints reach for a true tall as well is an interesting question.

Richmond in that scenario could go small with 1,2 and 6 and then look to use their 18,20,23 and 24 to fill other positions on the ground. For me pick 6 is where the top rated tall comes off the board. Maybe Melbourne with 5 but I think they might go small then tall.

St Kilda who knows. The last time they had back to back picks and went with the hard nosed mid / HB types they got burnt in Clarke + Coffield. A genuine mid and then an athletically elite hybrid in Tauru makes a lot of sense.

If just can't see north being set with pick 2 as they have nothing else. However pantskyle probably has more of an idea than they do. They could use pick 2 and then look to use their future first to buy back in for a couple of picks in the 20's.

If they do that maybe a couple of Richmond's later picks do become available for the right offer.

Also makes me wonder in that case if people here would be very happy or very annoyed if the club traded 12 and the hawks F2 for Norths F1 live.

If Hewett can come back fit (I can't comment and don't have enough details as im on the other side of the country anyway) along with Hutch there's those 2 plus potentially Maric and the 3 traded players / FA's to bring into the best 22 already. So we've lost Barrass & Darling (assuming old coaching structure) from the best 22 that still means 3 more players to fit in.

Would people still be upset if that happened and we were able to trade the Hawks future first to Richmond for 23 & 24? Just take this draft at 23,24 & 26 plus champion and go to next years draft / trade period armed with our future 1,2,3, NM F1 plus Hawks future third.

2 guaranteed picks in the top 5 of next years draft with a stronger top end or still with the ability to land a top 2 draftee and add Chad Warner.

More competitive next year with some more young talent but a bit more speculative from this draft and then add either 2 very high level picks next year even if Warner is no longer interested in coming. I personally would prefer 23,24,26 and have 2 rolled gold picks / players next year. I think the top end of next years draft is at a higher level.

Well if it’s true that it was our F1 for Crows F2 I’d much prefer Curtin, 26, 28, 62, 68 than Baker, 12, 26, 73 and Ouchies.

No doubt Clarke would have traded Curtin and our F1 to Richmond for Baker anyway.

It's a troll making the statement painting doom and gloom bleating over and over it will take the Eagles 10 years to rebuild through the draft.

It's a dumb, stupid statement and position to take because no-one uses JUST the draft to rebuild do they?

Feel free to show us where that has happened EVER.

That was / is Britoons trolling at his best. And he admitted as much on the Lions board. He likes stirring up Eagles supporters here. Once I read that on ignore he went.

So no matter what you think he's on about to me he is a troll. A more subtle troll than most because he sprinkles in elements of logic now and again.

Anyway. He hasn't changed and he's back on ignore.

End of discussion. Let's just stop feeding trolls.
Adding to that, 2 years of promoting Dev Robertson and saying we'll get him for a low pick.
Obviously he changed his mind last year and decided to stay this year, but the constant campaigning for it was tiring, and so many ppl jumped on the bandwagon.
He claims to be interested in teams' rebuild, but has no interest in actually in seeing the Eagles improve. Overall, he is pretty indifferent towards our team.
Seemingly spent more of his time before this trade period, talking about his own team or random stuff.

Yeah really harsh IMO on culley ...ACL injury deserved another year on the list for me
Culley is unfortunately too slow for modern AFL and can't find the ball.
He fits the pace of state league football better.
Along with his lack of speed, he doesn't know how to use his size to his advantage.
He dominated as an overager, but hasn't shown that type of form since then against more mature bodies.
I think his best chance would have been as a marking third tall forward, but I doubt he might ever get a chance at that.

Last edited:

Anything worthwhile in this article from this rag?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back