List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly.

**** Chad.

After paying what we did for peak priced Kelly the last thing I want is overpaying for an absolutely maxxed out Chad Warner.

Sooner he re-signs with the Swans the better. Put the onus back on the dipstick drafting team and coaches to find and develop our own Chad, not pay the king's ransom for the one we missed in favour of Kelly.

Talk about doubling down on stuff up.
This 100%. Warner is obviously good but he also has elite mids around him that make him look much better.

I hate this "set training standards" justification for overpaying for Baker.

If we need Baker to set standards, what the f*ck are McGovern, Yeo, Kelly, Duggan, Cole, Allen, Cripps, etc doing? If they're not setting standards, why the f*ck are they getting their contracts renewed again and again when this laziness has been around for years now? F*ck them out of the team if we need b-grade players from the wooden spooners to set standards.
Owies also buying into that whole idea as a reason for him being brought into the team.
Kinda sad for us to need to bring in leadership from other teams because our existing older players don't have those qualities?

Who are the possible sliders to our pick do we think?

Langford?
Travaglia?
Tauru?

I'm shitting meself at the thought of us drafting Allen.
  1. RICH Jagga Smith
  2. NM Sam Lalor
  3. CARL Finn O’Sullivan
  4. ADEL Sid Draper
  5. MELB Harvey Langford
  6. RICH Murphy Reid
  7. STK Josh Smillie
  8. STK Tobie Travaglia
  9. MELB Jobe Shanahan
  10. RICH Harry Armstrong
  11. RICH Jo Berry
  12. WCE Xavier Lindsay
  13. PORT Alix Tauru
  14. FREO Bo Allan
  15. GWS Luke Trainor
  16. GWS Cooper Hynes
  17. WBD Oliver Hannaford
  18. RICH Taj Hotton
  19. SYD Jack Whitlock
  20. RICH Alex Dodson
  21. GWS Tom Gross
  22. SYD Matt Whitlock
  23. RICH Jonty Faull
  24. RICH Harry O’Farrell
  25. WBD Christian Moraes
  26. WCE Harrison Oliver
That’s how I currently see the picks until our 2R. Some intel but mainly speculation. I think North will split and trade down but no idea who with.

If Cooper Hynes is a reach at 12 and Christian Moraes is unlikely to last until 26, I'd love us to find a way to replace them with 2 picks in between.
A couple of goalkicking mids would be a great outcome.
Although it's all a moot point if we have our hearts set on Bo Allan.
That being said, I'll be happy with Allan at pick 12.
From the outside looks a similar type to Ginbey, but can actually find the ball and loves throwing his weight around.
Displayed his strength and power versus grown men in the WAFL including in the GF.
Perhaps a bit unrefined, but there's plenty of promise there imo.

Last edited:
He will be one of 3 or 4, if I’m guessing we will be having a good look at.

Lindsay, TT, Tauru and Allan could all be options due being ranked around that part of the draft and also not Vic Metro boys.

Wildcard pick could be a sliding Langford, someone slides I reckon.
Smillie and Langford are possible sliders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why Moraes has slid a fair bit in the last year with regards to his likely draft value? Was spoken about as a possible top 5 selection then, and now seen a few with him around the 30 mark
Has really done much wrong IMO, just so many others were rising fast and so many good options.
At 26 he'd be a great pick.

He will be one of 3 or 4, if I’m guessing we will be having a good look at.

Lindsay, TT, Tauru and Allan could all be options due being ranked around that part of the draft and also not Vic Metro boys.

Wildcard pick could be a sliding Langford, someone slides I reckon.
Wow Langford sliding to 15! I wouldve taken him at 3.
I think it'd be nice but about as likely to happen as me pulling mila kunis in northbridge tonight

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Berry doesn't make sense at that pick
Would rather Will Hayes a even better kick of the footy
Will will be a late pick has much better speed and tank
He is a little smaller than Berry but i think he is the hidden player of the draft
His kicking into the forward 50 in the colts finals for Claremont and gf was sublime

RE - I am not disputing that and I agree with you that he is not ideal in the priority of skill needs, but when you trade away pick 3 .... you limit your choices.
I am on record as to who I would prefer at pick 12.

As for Will Hayes ...a good get but much latter in the draft.
Pity we traded away our late picks, but that's just another of the things about this trade period, that pisses me off.

Some more gold from Splinters.

"But the 23-year-old, who missed out on both of Brisbane’s grand finals across the past two seasons, will remain a Lion for at least another year."

I Read it as the Eagles pulled the pin? Brissy might of wanted us to trade up and we thought with the TB thing happening ht was too hard.

Interesting.

Judd McVee would be the one I’d be targeting now. OOC and has a relationship with Mini and by the looks of social media Harley.

Who are the possible sliders to our pick do we think?

Langford?
Travaglia?
Tauru?

I'm shitting meself at the thought of us drafting Allen.

Out of the top end mids I’d say Reid or Smillie are the likely sliders, Langford an outside chance, but I think all the top mids will be gone unfortunately.

Travaglia probably gets snapped up by the Saints or Tigers, but there’s a 20-30% chance he’s there at 12.

Can’t see Tauru sliding that far, apparently North and a couple others are red hot on him.

We really need teams in front of to surprise everyone and take guys like Shanahan, Berry or Trainor along with Tauru / Armstrong.

I Read it as the Eagles pulled the pin? Brissy might of wanted us to trade up and we thought with the TB thing happening ht was too hard.

Interesting.

Judd McVee would be the one I’d be targeting now. OOC and has a relationship with Mini and by the looks of social media Harley.
Clarke was too busy landing the big fish. Baker.

North split 2 to Tigers

Tigers 6 plus Hawks F1st go to North.

Tigers pick 10 to Eagles for Hawks F1st plus Eagles F3rd.

Barrass turned into pick 10 plus HF2nd.

Richmond hold picks 1, 2, 11, 18, 23 and 24.

North slide to 6 and land a F1st.

We hold 10, 12 and 26.

Retain our F1st, F2nd, Hawks F2nd and Hawks F3rd.
I like that deal ...

1. RICH Jagga Smith
  2. NM Sam Lalor
  3. CARL Finn O’Sullivan
  4. ADEL Sid Draper
  5. MELB Harvey Langford
  6. RICH Murphy Reid
  7. STK Josh Smillie
  8. STK Tobie Travaglia
  9. MELB Jobe Shanahan
  10. RICH Harry Armstrong
  11. RICH Jo Berry
  12. WCE Xavier Lindsay
  13. PORT Alix Tauru
  14. FREO Bo Allan
  15. GWS Luke Trainor
  16. GWS Cooper Hynes
  17. WBD Oliver Hannaford
  18. RICH Taj Hotton
  19. SYD Jack Whitlock
  20. RICH Alex Dodson
  21. GWS Tom Gross
  22. SYD Matt Whitlock
  23. RICH Jonty Faull
  24. RICH Harry O’Farrell
  25. WBD Christian Moraes
  26. WCE Harrison Oliver
That’s how I currently see the picks until our 2R. Some intel but mainly speculation. I think North will split and trade down but no idea who with.
Lindsay and Oliver would be nice gets considering. Throw in Hynes somehow with a trade in and the excitement would be getting high again for this crop of draftees.

Roos and Tigers surely get something done if they love Lalor as well.

10 + 11 or 6 + 23.

North get 10 + 11 might be good for us. You’d think if they trade down its 2 KPP.

Last edited:
This is who I think the top 9 prospects are:

Levi Ashcroft
Leo Lombard
Jagga Smith
Finn O'Sullivan
Sid Draper
Josh Smillie
Sam Lalor
Harvey Langford
Murphy Reid

We're at 14 assuming Kako goes after that. Ashcroft and Lombard are at the top because they are mathematically 0 chance of sliding.

Do any of those guys slide? Is someone in that top 14 going to say, "we have to take a KPF" or "we think Allan is the next Fyfe/Cripps"?

KPF: Harry Armstrong, Jobe Shanahan
HBF: Tobie Travaglia
MID: Xavier Lindsay, Bo Allan
KPD: Alix Tauru

Smillie, Draper would be good. Unlikely to slide. If they don't slide, I'm hoping one of TT or Tauru is available. Pick 12 is not a good place to be.
IMO Harry Armstrong won't make it as a KPF. Good player just not your main guy up there. I think someone does reach (Richmond) and there's a good chance we get someone at the back end of this bracket.

Our 2nd rounder it's time to go for a mid again as there's plenty out there. I'm hoping for that almost unproven 2nd tier mid who never got minutes behind the big dogs. Say like at Sandringham + Vic Metro

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back