List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Keys I would be absolutely thrilled with another pick in this years draft in that range ( 30-50).
That would be an astute piece of drafting IMO.

There are a couple of kids in particular that I feel will, be late pick ups that represent great value.
In the 30 range is Oliver Harrison Sandringham and in the 50 rang is Phoenix Hargreaves South Adelaide.

Both or either of these players I would be happy to have on our list.
Would also be very happy with Barrat in the 30s

Lindsay gives me Shuey vibes. Quick of mind, quick by foot (not as quick as boots however), likes to take it on, tough lad and produced a great season on the back of a limited preseason, managing to find the pill at ease. If he gets a good run at it I can see him being the steal of the draft.
Plays a bit like Josh Kelly. I see him skewed towards an outside player. Can tackle, will put his head over it, but he's more about positioning himself in space than getting the hard ball.

Last edited:

Giving Essendon pick 26 and Hawks F2 after a Kako bid in return for 28 and 31 before a Kako bid is how we can get an extra pick in a good range.

Give Essendon the 2x F2 picks we have for 28 and 31 before the Kako bid.

Then trade 26 for their F2 once Kako is bid on

Means we go from 26 into 28+31 this year whilst swapping Hawthorn and our F2s to Essendon’s

Based on this years ladder positions that’s a net result of 21*,26,31* for 27*,28,31 (* denotes estimated F2 pick)

Slightly favours Essendon so perhaps they hand us a F4 pick or maybe a late pick in this draft they still hold after matching the Kako bid to ensure we have points for an earlier than anticipated Champion bid

Did you watch him actually play for Peel?
Saw him half a dozen times. He is a good player, but not a star. He wont be a All Australian, he wont be on the 3 qtr time video telling is about Big Coast Energy but he will play 200 games at a okay level if all goes well

We are not in a spot to be picking up okay players to fill out the 22. You do that 3 years from now when the rebuild is nearing its end, not just at the beginning stages of it

Saw him half a dozen times. He is a good player, but not a star. He wont be a All Australian, he wont be on the 3 qtr time video telling is about Big Coast Energy but he will play 200 games at a okay level if all goes well

We are not in a spot to be picking up okay players to fill out the 22. You do that 3 years from now when the rebuild is nearing its end, not just at the beginning stages of it
Mate stop palming off opinion as fact. The way he plays could easily see him notch up an AA blazer in his prime but the beauty of that is neither you or I can tell the future. I feel ill every time i look at your posts.

Mate stop palming off opinion as fact. The way he plays could easily see him notch up an AA blazer in his prime but the beauty of that is neither you or I can tell the future. I feel ill every time i look at your posts.
If people cant make a prediction, I think this place might not be for you?

if I said he would be the next Patrick Cripps, would you have said that also? I suspect you want opinions but only the wants you want to hear? You wont always hear what you want in life. Just gotta be more mature about it when you do then this

Im not wetting my bed over drafting him but im also not going to pretend I think he will be a AA player when I dont think he will either

Richmond with 8 picks in the top 24, have to feel they'd be very interested in pushing some of those into next year to balance out the intake
This would become a Liam Baker trade all over again, as we don't have the right future picks to line up with a current R1 around 11 (so we'll end up overpaying). Our F1 is likely going to be top 4, so that's overs. I think Hawks F1 is likely to be top 10, but no-one will value it at that, as a Buyer should rightly assume a worst case scenario. So to get back in, we would probably have to do something stupid like Hawks F1 and F2.

Our best bet is to trade a F2 for a bunch of R3 picks this year. Trying to buy a R2 will give us the same problems as R1, but buy overpaying with F2 picks.

Once we traded out of pick 3, that became inevitable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give Essendon the 2x F2 picks we have for 28 and 31 before the Kako bid.

Then trade 26 for their F2 once Kako is bid on

Means we go from 26 into 28+31 this year whilst swapping Hawthorn and our F2s to Essendon’s

Based on this years ladder positions that’s a net result of 21*,26,31* for 27*,28,31 (* denotes estimated F2 pick)

Slightly favours Essendon so perhaps they hand us a F4 pick or maybe a late pick in this draft they still hold after matching the Kako bid to ensure we have points for an earlier than anticipated Champion bid
The option I recently floated would be to trade Hawthorn’s F2 and F3 for 28 and 31, once the Kako bid is made then trade 26 for Essendon’s F2. Perhaps if we changed HAW F3 to WCE F3 we’d have a fair trade that’s good for both clubs:

Net result is
OUT: 26, F2 (HAW), F3 (WCE)
IN: 28, 31, F2 (ESS)

Or using your ladder positions it’s 26, 30, 39 for 26, 28, 31 which is probably about equal.

No point in us taking F4s for next years draft with the new draft rules we can use R5, R6 etc to match any bid that comes after the 2R so would be no different to a 4R that is worth zero points.

Just hope we’re thinking out of the square like this. Perhaps Phil can have a chat to Matty Rosa and get the clubs talking.

If people cant make a prediction, I think this place might not be for you?

if I said he would be the next Patrick Cripps, would you have said that also? I suspect you want opinions but only the wants you want to hear? You wont always hear what you want in life. Just gotta be more mature about it when you do then this

Im not wetting my bed over drafting him but im also not going to pretend I think he will be a AA player when I dont think he will either
Believe it or not Bo Allan is far from my first choice. Would have Lindsay, Berry or a sliding mid before him easily.
I simply just don’t see the value in having a sook over picking a highly rated 18 year old and making the judgement that he’s not right for this point of our rebuild, because it’s simply not accurate. The bloke is breaking tackles at WAFL league level with ease and would make us better from day 1.

Believe it or not Bo Allan is far from my first choice. Would have Lindsay, Berry or a sliding mid before him easily.
I simply just don’t see the value in having a sook over picking a highly rated 18 year old and making the judgement that he’s not right for this point of our rebuild, because it’s simply not accurate. The bloke is breaking tackles at WAFL league level with ease and would make us better from day 1.
It's not a sook. It's a honest opinion.

I can lie if you like to protect your feelings?

This is the problem I have with him:

Could be Cripps or Fyfe. Absolutely possible, albeit a small chance. But if he's not and he's just a big bodied bull who can win the footy, but with average disposal and decision making, he's almost useless.

We've got a bull called Harley Reid. I think the priority has to be class - elite disposal and decision making. These guys, if they're a bull, go top 5. If they're not a bull but balanced, they're still going top 5. You might get one of these balanced types 5-10. At #12, don't pick a guy who is probably going to turn out like SPP. Go for KPD, SF (we don't need), or elite disposal and decision making. I'd prefer a Christian Salem over a SPP. If there's no slider (pretty sure there won't be), I'm going Lindsay, Tauru, or TT (in that order).

WCE have strong interest in Charlie Nichols as a key backman this draft
Massey loves this kid a heap so if we trade that future second for picks this draft
Expect it to be used on him
Does Massey have a little SA player hard on, took Rawlinson as a bit of a surprise last year.

I think Charlie Nichols is a very good athletic tall with a beautiful mark, his weakness was his shot for goal. I think he could become a good KPD!

Freo just got Sharp? How is he a FA?

Anyhow, if we were to trade back in. I would be keen of using F1 as we'll lose it for Warner anyway

Tiger would be good if they did F1 for 10 and 11 but unlikely. Straight swap for Hawks F1 for 11. Dont love it tho

Saints are my favourite option

WCE Lose: F1 and F2
WCE gain: Saints F1 and 8

2024 picks of 8, 12, 26

2 x F1 (Saints and Hawks)
1 x F2 (Hawks)
2 x F3 (WC Hawks)
I don't know, i don't make the rules.

He's on their rookie list and according to the Freo website "He was signed on day one of the pre-season supplemental selection period". Imagine that would be why.

1729481681999.png

I don't know, i don't make the rules.

He's on their rookie list and according to the Freo website "He was signed on day one of the pre-season supplemental selection period". Imagine that would be why.

View attachment 2148716
Because he was delisted by Suns so will always be a delisted free agent when out of contract.

Question : Is this year the first time the Eagles have had a F1 tied to another club? I can't seem to recall any others.

If so, its the first true deathride that the Eagles have ever had (a 2nd, 3rd, 4th round deathride just isn't the same).

This is the problem I have with him:

Could be Cripps or Fyfe. Absolutely possible, albeit a small chance. But if he's not and he's just a big bodied bull who can win the footy, but with average disposal and decision making, he's almost useless.

We've got a bull called Harley Reid. I think the priority has to be class - elite disposal and decision making. These guys, if they're a bull, go top 5. If they're not a bull but balanced, they're still going top 5. You might get one of these balanced types 5-10. At #12, don't pick a guy who is probably going to turn out like SPP. Go for KPD, SF (we don't need), or elite disposal and decision making. I'd prefer a Christian Salem over a SPP. If there's no slider (pretty sure there won't be), I'm going Lindsay, Tauru, or TT (in that order).
Yeah agree. However I think Allan of HB would still provide value with his aggressive run and carry, but would much prefer one of the others you listed there. Lindsay over Allan everyday for mine, just conditioning myself to the likely possibility of Allan getting picked.
Think Tauru is gone before our pick and if by some miracle TT is there we must jump all over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back