List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
North are overflowing with mids. They need some quality KPP. I think they want to trade. At 6, Richmond are probably getting Smillie or Langford, and then once at 11 it's starting to drop off. It's a 50/50 for me. Maybe 6 and 11 in this deep draft is better. 6 and 18 won't cut it for North. So if a deal happens (and I think it will), it's either 2 and chicken feed for 6 and 11, or 2 for 10 and 11. Either way, North are probably taking 2x KPP in front of us.

Tigers trade 11 to Eagles for HF1st plus F2nd.

North trade pick 2 to Tigers for 6 and HF1st.

Tigers retain 1, 2, 10, 18 23 24.

Tigers pick up a F1st and a F2nd. Move up to pick 2 this draft.

I hope we don't. There is always a premium to be paid in trading forward. Our rebuild is going to take long enough that we'd be better off maximising the value of every draft pick, even if it's next year rather than now.

While that is true in general I think there may have been a little back scratching going on with our ex Richmond based list boss & coach in the Baker deal that has set this up to be a little easier than usual for us to pick swap back in & so that both parties come out ok from it all ✌🏻

Tobie is the guy I would 100% trade up for.

Lindsay is the guy who I would then take at 12 to pair with Tobie.

These two aren't top mids like Levi, Jagga, or Sid, but they are run-and-gun players who can damage on the outside. This makes it so much easier for Harley to focus on his inside game, where in my opinion, he does the most damage.

If we end up with Tobie, Lindsay, a Key defender, and Champion in the main draft, then Clarke might've slightly redeemed himself in my eyes.

Does Massey have a little SA player hard on, took Rawlinson as a bit of a surprise last year.

I think Charlie Nichols is a very good athletic tall with a beautiful mark, his weakness was his shot for goal. I think he could become a good KPD!
Here is the Rookie Me Central Snapshot - draft range 40 - 60

Charlie Nicholls Central Districts

197 cm DOB 8/6/2006

“An athletic forward who possesses unique speed for his size, making it tough for defenders to match up with him on the lead” – Micah Hann

Charlie Nicholls was a standout performer for a Central District side that fell short by four points in the 2024 SANFL Under 18 Grand Final. Nicholls spearheaded the Dogs’ attack, while also providing a chop-out in the ruck. His 22 goals from 11 games in the Under 18 competition was good enough to earn him runner-up in the club’s best and fairest and positioned him as a draft consideration come November.

The 197cm key position talent also featured at the National Championships where he played a tough role up forward in a South Australian side that managed just one win from its four games. When opportunities inside forward 50 were limited, Nicholls was able to use his speed and athleticism to push up and present as an option further up the ground, or even briefly swing to defence.

A successful stint at senior level through the SANFL Reserves gave Nicholls some exposure against stronger, more mature defenders. He adapted well to the rise in level, with a strong performance (12 disposals, seven marks and a goal) against West Adelaide and a serviceable contribution in a win against eventual premiers Norwood.

Having attracted enough interest from AFL clubs to earn a National Combine invite, Nicholls’ unique blend of size and speed make him an intriguing prospect in this year’s draft.

STRENGTHS:
  • Field kicking
  • Leading patterns
  • Mobility
  • Speed
  • Versatility

IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Physicality
  • Set shot consistency

Nicholls' speed stands out immediately as a strength. He looks most comfortable inside forward 50 when he’s able to create separation from his defender and present at the football. The comfort he shows on the lead extends beyond the forward 50 arc. Nicholls looks right at home as a genuine centre half forward, roaming up the ground and finding alternative ways to work himself into the contest.

His versatility to be able to play small bursts in the ruck means that he has plenty of ways to have an influence, even with limited opportunities around the goals. He even has scope to ply his trade behind the ball, where he is capable of reading the play nicely and closing in on both aerial contests and his direct opponent.

A capable field kick for his size, Nicholls is generally reliable with ball in hand. This hasn’t quite extended to his set shot kicking, where he has struggled to find consistency in front of goal. Nicholls threatened at times throughout the year to blow games wide open but squandered some opportunities, failing to convert in front of the big sticks.

His game against Vic Country at the National Carnival was one of those where he returned just one goal from four scoring shots. What is pleasing to see is that Nicholls attracts the football and creates plenty of opportunities for himself. When it all comes together, he’s got the potential to put in truly dominant performances.

At times, Nicholls relies too heavily on his length in marking contests. Attacking the ball at its highest point will be critical at the next level, where his height and reach will be less advantageous. It will also be important for him to add more size so that he can use his strength to create separation from his defender, rather than relying solely on his speed.

Nicholls' athletic attributes and positional versatility provide a solid base. With some further refinement of his conversion rate and physical maturation, the pathway is there for him to establish himself at the next level.

Clurey is 193 cm - not sure he’s a true KPD height? Not a fan.
He’s a unit who can wrestle the biggers forwards. Something not many on our list can manage.

Ultimately he’s a bit shit, but we need some backups in case of emergency. It would be short term low cost deal only.

Bro is big and a ball winner. But also has questionable disposal and decision making. These guys are a bust if they're not Cripps or Fyfe types. We should be focussing on players with elite disposal and decision making. These guys are usually top 5. Given we no longer have top 5, we need to look at KPD or HBF.
You obviously don't watch WAFL if you did you would know he is a good kick

Not saying West Coast should take him just pointing out inaccurate information.

You’d think with all the talk from Jouros that after Hawks blew up the plans by trade pick 14 that the Eagles, Tigers and Bakers manager took the weekend to discuss other avenues to getting the trade done that would’ve been one of them.

Because the ‘easy’ option would’ve been to just on trade the F1 we got from the Hawks to Richmond for Baker but the Hawks would’ve known that so could’ve held right until the last minute and we wouldn’t of been able to do the Baker deal.

According to Cal we were always looking to spilt pick 3. So we do it early for 12 and 14. On trade 14 which helped them unlock the Bolton trade straight away and we get a pick back once the TB trade was done.
Can you swap picks from the future year during the draft? I know you can from the current draft.

Perhaps it's a case of Tiger's promising a pick exchange depending on chosen targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any player that we consider as a DFA needs to only be given a short contract unless we consider them a long term prospect.
Problem is that often we offer DFA's or players on the chopping block too long a contract since we may have to beat an offer from another team or to entice a non-WA player to move here.
It wouldn't be an issue if they were a train on player in consideration for a SSP rookie spot.

Last edited:
Here is the Rookie Me Central Snapshot - draft range 40 - 60

Charlie Nicholls Central Districts

197 cm DOB 8/6/2006

“An athletic forward who possesses unique speed for his size, making it tough for defenders to match up with him on the lead” – Micah Hann

Charlie Nicholls was a standout performer for a Central District side that fell short by four points in the 2024 SANFL Under 18 Grand Final. Nicholls spearheaded the Dogs’ attack, while also providing a chop-out in the ruck. His 22 goals from 11 games in the Under 18 competition was good enough to earn him runner-up in the club’s best and fairest and positioned him as a draft consideration come November.

The 197cm key position talent also featured at the National Championships where he played a tough role up forward in a South Australian side that managed just one win from its four games. When opportunities inside forward 50 were limited, Nicholls was able to use his speed and athleticism to push up and present as an option further up the ground, or even briefly swing to defence.

A successful stint at senior level through the SANFL Reserves gave Nicholls some exposure against stronger, more mature defenders. He adapted well to the rise in level, with a strong performance (12 disposals, seven marks and a goal) against West Adelaide and a serviceable contribution in a win against eventual premiers Norwood.

Having attracted enough interest from AFL clubs to earn a National Combine invite, Nicholls’ unique blend of size and speed make him an intriguing prospect in this year’s draft.

STRENGTHS:
  • Field kicking
  • Leading patterns
  • Mobility
  • Speed
  • Versatility

IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Physicality
  • Set shot consistency

Nicholls' speed stands out immediately as a strength. He looks most comfortable inside forward 50 when he’s able to create separation from his defender and present at the football. The comfort he shows on the lead extends beyond the forward 50 arc. Nicholls looks right at home as a genuine centre half forward, roaming up the ground and finding alternative ways to work himself into the contest.

His versatility to be able to play small bursts in the ruck means that he has plenty of ways to have an influence, even with limited opportunities around the goals. He even has scope to ply his trade behind the ball, where he is capable of reading the play nicely and closing in on both aerial contests and his direct opponent.

A capable field kick for his size, Nicholls is generally reliable with ball in hand. This hasn’t quite extended to his set shot kicking, where he has struggled to find consistency in front of goal. Nicholls threatened at times throughout the year to blow games wide open but squandered some opportunities, failing to convert in front of the big sticks.

His game against Vic Country at the National Carnival was one of those where he returned just one goal from four scoring shots. What is pleasing to see is that Nicholls attracts the football and creates plenty of opportunities for himself. When it all comes together, he’s got the potential to put in truly dominant performances.

At times, Nicholls relies too heavily on his length in marking contests. Attacking the ball at its highest point will be critical at the next level, where his height and reach will be less advantageous. It will also be important for him to add more size so that he can use his strength to create separation from his defender, rather than relying solely on his speed.

Nicholls' athletic attributes and positional versatility provide a solid base. With some further refinement of his conversion rate and physical maturation, the pathway is there for him to establish himself at the next level.

He was ranked at 31 or 32 recently. He also played back for a few games and did well.

For a later pick may be a chance to come in as a defender. Issue there is he has played forward not so much defense.

Can you swap picks from the future year during the draft? I know you can from the current draft.

Perhaps it's a case of Tiger's promising a pick exchange depending on chosen targets.

Yes, able to be done again now too. Clubs are still able to trade picks until November 8 and again during the draft on November 20-21

Wouldn't be opposed to Tom Clurey, I rate him, would play for peanuts and if he's willing to come west, then why not.

What do you call a good kick? Does he pinpoint passes to the best option most of the time? I saw him play in u18 and WAFL GF. Plays like Jordan Dawson.

If he did pinpoint passes to the best option, he'd be rated in that top 7.

Tom clurey must be bog average of he couldnt get a game ahead of zerk thatcher.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back