List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Clurey is a real break glass sort of pick, Tomlinson same age would be a much better prospect.
Not keen on either TBH as it reeks of desperation.

AS for DGB ...... no harm I guess to get him in and have a look see, you would think he would be heading home back to Swan Districts anyway.

If I was to take a look at any of the Hawks castoffs for a KPD backup, I would much prefer Ethan Phillips, only 25 and I though his KPD work, at Port Melbourne, pre being picked up by the Hawks, was pretty bloody impressive.
With them bringing in TB, Battle and keeping Frosty, I feel that Phillips has fallen victim to depth chart squeeze.

I would much prefer him that Clurey, Tomlinson or DGB as an KPD fall back option

Although the sick vindictive part of me , would love DGB to come good with us and show the Hawks that they blew a player that they spent pick 6 on, in the 2020 National draft.
Would be a nice turnabout to the obnoxious dick swinging Hawks fans.

Now not advocating that we pick him up but I was very surprised that Port cut Tom Scully, he is still only 19 and 203 cm KPF require time to develop.
I guess Port are in the must win here and now.

I suspect Scully goes back to West Adelaide and develops his craft in the SANFL.
Didn't realise Phillips got delisted, yeah could be a good option.

DGB and to train on.

You missed Hunt.
Maric moves back as the 3rd tall interceptor.
Barnett may be a CHB.

No wonder we are rumored to be into Starcevich.

Lindsay, Bo Allan and of course Travagalia can all play HB.

Oliver with our 26 would be very nice.

Ruscoe coming in makes sense as a Rotham upgrade. 193cm 3rd tall.
Agree with all of this apart from Ruscoe. Ideal from here assuming Tobie is gone would be:
12-Lindsay
26-Oliver
73-Stumpf
Rookie-Knobel
Rookie-Dennis
Cat B-Champion

Wouldn’t leave any room for DFA/SSP Carroll, Burgiel, DGB etc and we’d need to move Maric and Hutch to the main list and Dewar to Cat A rookie as well as delisting LEdwards.

We will definitely be on the look-out for defenders in this draft - likely our first two picks will be used on them. IIRC, we have lost four backmen, Rotham, JJ, Barrass and Witherton. That's a big hole left in the team, and Gov doesn't have much longer either. Ideally, I would love a Josh Weddell type, [Tauru maybe], a transition type, [Lindsey perhaps], and a lockdown defender [Dennis maybe] at our pick in the 20s.

Davies at 190cm has similar size and ability to Weddell but shown more as a forward. Can play multiple positions. Not sure about lock down defender, very good overhead. And has stronge endurance to his game.

I'll give you smillie he was shit and should have done better is that a sign he may not transition at afl level ? Maybe

Draiper had just come back from injury and was on limited minutes and didn't have a fitness base . He then went on to get high numbers vs men in the sanfl league.

Xavier Lindsay was BOG in the last game of the champs with 30 touches .

What was ginbeys and bo allens highest possession games in the champs ?

Allan @20:

Ginbey @20.75:

Clay Hall @27:

Ginbey did the absolute hard yards though and had a great fend off and burst. Allan dare I say is just a medium tier, outside leaning, vanilla mid whose not a damaging player.

We already have Hall who racks it up better, is better in the contest and didn't look too bad in the glimpses we saw this year.

What we need is a high level player with some serious pace and skill to distribute to. No one is like that this year which is why losing 3 doesn't hurt so much.

Remind me - which ex eagle got done for having videos of his mother in law and sister in law in the n00d?
Was it Jordan Jones?

I was just thinking of obscure almost good players (Jamie McNamara, Ben McKinley, Tim Houlihan, Ash Smith Bradd “3D” Dalziell ) when I remembered that old gem.

Anyway. Back to the draft.

It doesn’t change my opinion of him one iota but credit when credit is due provided Luke Edwards is moved on he’s got the delistings 100% correct. Would like to see Burgiel rookied or taken in the SSP if he stays fit over summer.
I don't think we should pick up burgiel again. He had his chance.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have 5 main list spots, surely we grab 1 more pick to make it 4 picks including Champion in the draft, leaving room for 1 dfa and a rookie.
DFA should be a KPD, if we drop LEdwards in time then that leaves a spot for a second DFA(Carroll?)
Draft a KPD, I like Barrat but doesnt really matter as long as the recruiters like them, ideally we use 2nd roudners to position ourselves for the KPD.
Take Travaglia+Hynes or Lindsay+Oliver

Add Travaglia, Hynes, Barrat, DGB, Carroll + a rookie whichever suits

If it is the club's opinion that Yeo's body can't handle playing midfield anymore (and they are probably right about that) then why did we just give him a 3 year contract extension (immediately after which he got injured again and his output fell off a cliff)? More Matt Clarke magic.

We can't and shouldn't allow Warner to be a factor at all in our trade decisions. The people in the media suggesting we should, like Gossage and many others, are total morons. They would actually be even worse at list management than Matt Clarke. There are so many maybe's in the Warner scenario. There is no guarantee he will leave Sydney. I find it hard to believe that he would.

And if he does i am sure he would prefer Freo. How often do A grade players leave a club they are at and nominate a bottom 2 or 3 club to go to? Pretty much never. I don't think it would ever happen unless that club agreed to pay them massively overs, or there was a genuine reason to believe that club was about to catapult into the 8.

If he decides to leave Sydney and if he doesn't shut the door on us due to our position in the premiership clock then lets deal with that if and when it happens and try and put something together. But at this stage all of that is extremely unlikely and totally out of our control or ability to foresee. So it should not be a factor in any decision making process.

We'll make a play for him but he's Freo bound you'd think. Getting a couple of future picks for Barrass had more to do with poor trading and allowing Hawks to trade out of this years draft (and only being able to accept future picks in a compromised draft as a result) as opposed to stockpiling future picks for Warner imo.
Where are they magically pulling the cap space for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back