List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, he'd have signed a 1 year deal most likely, than go to the PSD.

He wouldn't have done it, which is why it was never an option.

Clarke also has somewhat of a conflict of interest with Baker, having drafted him and worked for Richmond for 10+ years.

The difference with Warner is that we're likely to finish bottom 3, with 2 Vic clubs ahead of us.

For a player who would only want to return to WA, there's next to no chance either of those clubs (Rich/North) take him.

Aside from that, we can just use the ND threat, like Geelong did with Williams, where Warner could just nominate his terms and refuse to meet with any other club. We then use our first pick to take him and keep the rest, if Sydney try to drive too hard a bargain.

We couldn't have used that in Baker's case, because Richmond would've had a ton of picks before us and we didn't have a mid-teens pick, which was apparently the pre-agreed upon price.

Warner's situation is very different to Baker's.
the only real difference between Baker and Warner is the we know Baker wanted to come home and there are only murmurs that Warner wants to come home, and that Warner is without doubt has more value than baker .

the only real difference between Baker and Warner is the we know Baker wanted to come home and there are only murmurs that Warner wants to come home, and that Warner is without doubt has more value than baker .
Yes, Warner has more value but equally, no other clubs are in a position to play silly buggers trying to get him.

If he even wants to go home.

I dont have the links but witherdens and rothams interview on SEN WA brekky is worth a listen too.

Amazing that there are nutters that DM abuse to these guys. Theres one thing ranting about their skill level or a play they ****ed but to personally abuse them is next level.

Back before social media, Suma's parents used to get abusive phone calls if he sprayed a few.

People are the worst.

I think the tell will be if we keep both future first rounders. If we retain them and don't use at least one to trade back into this draft i think we can say that West Coast have had discussion with Warner / his reps, and it's a possibility (note: a possibility, not guaranteed) that he will come home.

Again, a lot can change over the course of 12 months, but we'll keep the option open if he is indicated he might like to come home.

"Our F1 is going to likely be a top 5 pick."

Only way we don't finish bottom 5 is if the AFL discovers at least 15 other teams went to Vegas over the off season and partied with an unmentionable rapper, stole a bunch of Girl Scout cookies and on the way back, stopped over in NZ and played soccer with a Kiwi Bird, with everything posted it on Insta.

So no issue matching or beating what salary offer the Eagles have at its disposal?

I suggest if Warner chooses West Coast it is because they can afford to offer him a better contract.

I dont have the links but witherdens and rothams interview on SEN WA brekky is worth a listen too.

Amazing that there are nutters that DM abuse to these guys. Theres one thing ranting about their skill level or a play they ****ed but to personally abuse them is next level.

Yeah, I will never understand that. Just like the Baker situation last week. I was pissed that the club grossly overpaid to bring him over but never once did I think to go to his IG to abuse him. That's just f*cking weird.

Yeah, I will never understand that. Just like the Baker situation last week. I was pissed that the club grossly overpaid to bring him over but never once did I think to go to his IG to abuse him. That's just f*cking weird.

"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Again, we couldn't use the PSD threat with Baker because his current club finished lower and he already said he'd stay if a deal couldn't be worked out.

Do you think Sydney will finish below is next year?
The PSD isn't really a threat.

When it was mentioned to Pyke about walking Baker to the PSD, he said "That's not the way we do business".

Think you can put the PSD threat to bed TBH.
It won't happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer caroll as our first priority. 22 inside mid.

Tall backs
Gov Edwards bazzo

Play tall
Yeo, ginbey, Jameson, AReid?, 24 draftee.

If we had Edwards spot open up maybe DGB based on age profile. But jeez we better do a medical/physical to see why 4yrs at the Hawks didn't work.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Caroll or Parfitt would be handy additions...

If we want a spare defender who can play tall, we might as well redraft Shannon Hurn as player coach. (Rather than taking low quality player from other clubs)

Last edited:

some people still haven't comprehended his message

The PSD isn't really a threat.

When it was mentioned to Pyke about walking Baker to the PSD, he said "That's not the way we do business".

Think you can put the PSD threat to bed TBH.
It won't happen.
WCE if reid gets walked through to the PSD because we didnt accept pick 20 as thats all geelong had.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

I think the tell will be if we keep both future first rounders. If we retain them and don't use at least one to trade back into this draft i think we can say that West Coast have had discussion with Warner / his reps, and it's a possibility (note: a possibility, not guaranteed) that he will come home.

Again, a lot can change over the course of 12 months, but we'll keep the option open if he is indicated he might like to come home.

We have 2 round 1 & 2 picks plus one of each for 2026. Just hope we don't give up most or all of them.

Which is why it may be an idea to shift a 1st rounder, if possible.

If we commit to Warner the same way we did with Baker, sadly we will pay whatever price Sydney sets for him... 😥
Totally agree we need to build our list. Don't wanna see a repeat of the TK trade aftermath.

Yep. If we have made commitments to player and also the Swans. Our F1st may already be.....well....committed.

Maybe the new catch word for season 2025 should be " commitment'.

That's what we stand for.

Commited to making other teams stronger when trading with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back