List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
WCE if reid gets walked through to the PSD because we didnt accept pick 20 as thats all geelong had.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

After their antics over the years clubs should publicly declare a lack of willingness to trade with them.

I dont think we really wanted Dev as much as the Lions do clearly, they wanted a 2nd round pick for him lmao

Because next year we can land Starcevich & Dev for nothing.

Plus, these WA guys are out of contract we could land one. Zane Zakostelsky, Judd McVee, Angus Shelderick, Arthur Jones & both Warners. Could be good to skip on Chad and go after Shelderick for a lot less.

Because next year we can land Starcevich & Dev for nothing.

Plus, these WA guys are out of contract we could land one. Zane Zakostelsky, Judd McVee, Angus Shelderick, Arthur Jones & both Warners. Could be good to skip on Chad and go after Shelderick for a lot less.
Sheldrick is not that good. I don't want to fill our team up with mid-rangers. Find a few more Harley's and all of a sudden Hough and Chesser and whoever else we bring in - enough of them will stand up. They key to getting run of the mill players to play at their peak is have a great top end that can compete with the other teams' top players.

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well , I’m a unique player, I can player anywhere it’s a coaches dream”

Who wants to guess which draftee has been quoted saying this?

And it’s not the Poo from a few years back it’s a draftee from this year.
Smillee

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any love for Phoenix Foster?
Cut from Geelong, and is a better footballer than Edwards + Jamieson
Agree that he could definitely add better depth than some of the names being thrown up.

Last edited:
Gotta say I'm kinda surprised by the Rotham and Witherden decisions.

Witherden played 22 games in 2023, and 18 games in 2024 which suggests he was either best 22, or at least on the fringe. I didn't expect him to last too long, but I expected him to be renewed this year.

And with Rotham... had Barrass signed, I would have expected him to go. But with Barrass leaving, we are dangerously light for tall backmen. I know Rotham isn't the same sort of player as Barrass. But he at least provided cover. Our KPD stocks are basically McGovern (being kept together with cellotape and playdough), talented but unproven Harry Edwards and Rhett Bazzo... oh, and Callum Jamieson I guess. We are one injury away from being completely ****ed. I suppose we have confidence in Ginbey being a full-time backman maybe? I'm not against the idea...

Both Witherden and Rotham were 25-26 years old... which is the age profile we are desperately short of. Ok, neither were long-term prospects, but were handy backup.

Next year is going to be rough.
Can we please stop regurgitating this lie. We have 5 26 year olds on our list . The issue is beneath that. For exampleas of right now

21-25- Chesser, Hough, Brockman, L.Edwards. H.Edwards, Jamieson, B.Williams
25-29 - Liam Ryan, Liam Duggan, Tom Cole, Matt Flynn, Jake Waterman, Oscar Allen, Jack Petrucelle, Dom Sheed, Jayden Hunt , Liam Baker, Jack Graham , Matt Owies

2 certain best 22 players and 1 on fringe in B.Williams in 22-25
25-29 holds 9 players in our best 22 for sure and then 2 at that 22-25 spots

11 25-29 year olds to 3 21-25 year olds. Guess which one we added players into :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have changed my categories slightly to reflect changes in position under the newer game style.

Talls
pretty straight forward, although I shifted Waterman to the KPF as that is what he played last year. I have left out Maric and still have him as a general forward but he could also be in the utility category
Role Players
Medium forwards and high half forwards
Small forwards
Utility - I was almost considering calling this the Nice Guy since it is basically No 14 and pick 14
Half back-wing
Medium or small defender
Engine Room
Outside
Balanced
Inside

1729577047295.png

I included Champion as an NGA and will leave it to Clarke and yourself to decide how and what we do filling the vacancies.

At this stage, I have Luke Edwards on the list as the concussion issue and the AFL are taking its time. Assume he is not assessed and medically retired until post draft. If so, retire then and bring on in an SSP capacity through the train on.
So assuming Champion is picked up, we have an additional 5 players select in the National draft/Rookie draft plus the Luke spot.

My personal assessment, we need more midfielders. I have included Hutchinson as a mid and Hewett while I have moved (hopefully temporarily) Ginbey to half back - wing.

Gotta say I'm kinda surprised by the Rotham and Witherden decisions.

Witherden played 22 games in 2023, and 18 games in 2024 which suggests he was either best 22, or at least on the fringe. I didn't expect him to last too long, but I expected him to be renewed this year.

And with Rotham... had Barrass signed, I would have expected him to go. But with Barrass leaving, we are dangerously light for tall backmen. I know Rotham isn't the same sort of player as Barrass. But he at least provided cover. Our KPD stocks are basically McGovern (being kept together with cellotape and playdough), talented but unproven Harry Edwards and Rhett Bazzo... oh, and Callum Jamieson I guess. We are one injury away from being completely ****ed. I suppose we have confidence in Ginbey being a full-time backman maybe? I'm not against the idea...

Both Witherden and Rotham were 25-26 years old... which is the age profile we are desperately short of. Ok, neither were long-term prospects, but were handy backup.

Next year is going to be rough.

Rotham made zero difference to our tall defender stocks and Witho was just too slow and couldn't actually defend

The years not going to be any rougher because we're missing either of those 2

Yeah I must agree, but just holding out some hope we re-re-rookie Trew.

Player sponsor 👇👇

“I’m just the perfect player to have at a club and that’s not just on the field but off the field as well , I’m a unique player, I can player anywhere it’s a coaches dream”

Who wants to guess which draftee has been quoted saying this?

And it’s not the Poo from a few years back it’s a draftee from this year.

I'm out of sight, out of minding this draft now. I don't need to be given further depressions of what we've potentially given up. But hey, at least everyone on the clubs board can have a wet dream about the white meat, vanilla as all hell West Aussie we'll be taking instead. Inspiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back