List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Herald Sun reporting that Richmond are considering trading Pick 6 and 11 to North for Pick 2 and their F1.

Think that would rule out any glimmer of hope we would get Pick 10/11 from them (would have been unlikely anyway).

If it does happen though, it seems North would go for Tauru with Pick 6 and hopefully Armstrong/Shanahan/Berry with Pick 11 leaving a slider for us.

Keep reading North have fallen for Tauru in a big way. Could end up the big climber into the top 10.

Good for us if true.

Whe here Trainor goes is very intriguing.

That tracks, don't think North have all that interest in next years first round and want to finish the rebuild in this one.

Wait just saw that it was 6+11 and nothing else, lol no chance.

With Darling gone and the tank on Waterman and Archer I can see enough room for both as well as Oscar and Jilliams with Flynn as the primary ruck. The exception being in wet conditions.

Really want to keep Archer out of rucking for a few years, we were negligent in allowing Oscar to ruck too early.

And J.Williams........

You would have thought after the OA debacle of competing at centre ruck contests, we would have let our next promising KPF learn his Fwd craft without this added physical pressure.

Just wish WC would just bite the bullet Sydney style and get a Sinclair/Hickey/Ball and protect our blue chip fwd assets.

If we recruited a JK out of the draft under the recent regime, he would end up with 3 year less career due having rucked in his formative years.

And J.Williams........

You would have thought after the OA debacle of competing at centre ruck contests, we would have let our next promising KPF learn his Fwd craft without this added physical pressure.

Just wish WC would just bite the bullet Sydney style and get a Sinclair/Hickey/Ball and protect our blue chip fwd assets.

If we recruited a JK out of the draft under the recent regime, he would end up with 3 year less career due having rucked in his formative years.

Maybe a Matt Flynn type

He did. Said he's good to go for preseason.

Obviously will need to be monitored to ensure it doesn't flare up again but said he's ticked all the boxes so far and will hit preseason on day 1 fully ready to go.
They said he could have possibly returned for the final few round but took the conservative approach and made his return date pre season .

Hoping he has a really good program for when he is off so he can hit the ground running at preseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda hope I'm reading it wrong because like others I'd probably rather a Phillips or even DGB.

But given Port released Clurey from his contract just so he can pursue other opportunities and we are pretty much the only club that's reportedly had any interest, and we delisted Rotham almost at the same time I'd be suprised if he doesn't sign with us

If we lose Gov, the experience down back could be handy I guess

Read that he's copped a few concussions the last couple of years.

Thats a bit of a worry for longevity.
Bad luck for him but I wouldn't be touching someone with concussion issues with a 100km pole at the moment in the current landscape and with our clubs recent issues with concussions.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back