List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened with someone, couldn’t remember who though

He literally just posted who it was

Hugh Greenwood

Didn’t this happen a few years back, Gold Coast delisted Greenwood to put him on the rookie list and then North swooped signing him as a DFA?
Spot on and there is absolutely no reason we shouldn’t offer Knobel the same. Especially with a clear path to the #1 ruck spot. Very much agree with AsterixTheGaul , Barnett straight to CHB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway.

How strong of a chance do we think Cooper Hynes is at 12? Stocks seem to be rising.

We've been linked to him for a while and I'd always had that at an option for second pick, but seems not.
Seems to be the only one we’re consistently linked to. Vic Country lad so maybe less perceived flight risk? 12 doesn’t really seem a big reach, most rankings have him late teens, he’s in the same tier as Lindsay/Berry/Hotton etc. Pretty unlikely for our second pick. I wouldn’t be against it, he’s really torn it up in the CTL at times. Prefer it to Allan.

Anyway.

How strong of a chance do we think Cooper Hynes is at 12? Stocks seem to be rising.

We've been linked to him for a while and I'd always had that at an option for second pick, but seems not.
I think Hynes at 12 is a reach. I’d rather trade down with Sydney and take Hynes/Gross at 19 then Oliver at 22.

Wasn't there, amidst the swirling chaos of the ever-dynamic landscape of Australian Rules Football, a particular player—a young talent, full of potential yet unfulfilled dreams—who was, in a move that left fans and analysts alike scratching their heads in bewilderment, summarily delisted by the Gold Coast Suns, that team often discussed in hushed tones regarding their strategic decisions, only to be subsequently placed, like a misplaced pawn on a chessboard, onto the rookie list, which, as you might be aware, is often seen as a second chance for players seeking redemption and a pathway back into the heart of competitive play? And in a twist of fate that could only be described as both serendipitous and opportunistic, the North Melbourne Football Club, with their keen eye for talent and an aggressive recruitment strategy that would make even the most seasoned scouts raise their eyebrows in appreciation, swooped in, like a predatory bird spotting its unsuspecting prey from the sky, to sign him as a Delisted Free Agent, thus securing his services and adding yet another layer of intrigue to the ongoing saga of player movements in the league?

Picking up Knobel in the RD with pick 3 makes sense, unless….

….we’ve already approached him to ask for a trade or have/do approach him to sign on as a DFA but were told he’s not interested

Then drafting a player who has already said he doesn’t want to join the club, even as a rookie, makes no sense

But that won’t stop some of you from melting about how soft we are when we don’t call his name out
Hopefully we wouldn't use that premise in the national draft.

If he's available and we can get him for pretty much nothing, for me it's a no-brainer.

Just back the club in.

There’s more chance of Israel and Palestine hugging it out than us taking Knobel.

Keen to hear the boards thoughts on the conflict, what do we all think?

29xp-meme-superJumbo-v3.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back