Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Both threads have been combined.

Dump thread has been dumped.

Enjoy your Wednesday evening 🫡
Our mods are the best.
Taking one for the side...appreciate your work..& work rate for this preseason..gonna be tough.
Setting an example for our side. kudos.
You poor foo*ers.

Finally...
Happy Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Don’t follow a lot of the suns but….. read that Rory Thompson retired could that swing there pick 5 to the Buss?

Jhye Clark rated behind those guys??
Yep, don't get the hype.
He seems like an honest toiler atm (reminds me of Hutchings when he was playing U18s).
Not an outside player, has no speed, his foot skills are adequate at best.
He may well turn into a fine player, however, on the games I've seen (which admittedly only is about half a dozen) there's nothing to suggest to me that he is going to be a critical player in the midfield.

Last edited:
Our mods are the best.
Taking one for the side...appreciate your work..& work rate for this preseason..gonna be tough.
Setting an example for our side. kudos.
You poor foo*ers.
Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Slightly off topic, but why is it called a rookie list?
May have started as a supplementary list for rookies but seems that clubs now are using them for mature players off the main list.

Goes against the whole meaning of the word rookie to me

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Slightly off topic, but why is it called a rookie list?
May have started as a supplementary list for rookies but seems that clubs now are using them for mature players off the main list.

Goes against the whole meaning of the word rookie to me

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah the name of the list has lagged behind the modern utility of what it is. It's probably within a year or two of being re-named, thinking about it.

Well, in regards to the strength coach leaving, if Nisbett s**t-canned him in an interview he'd likely be opening himself up for a potential defamation lawsuit.

Also, who would want to apply for a job at WCE if the CEO goes on radio and says that former employees are s**t?

Let's use our brains please.
Missing the point. This isn't about what Nisbett said, it's about the fact that he's actually left us. If however we in fact moved him on, why not just say it. It wouldn't leave us open to a defamation lawsuit to just say we've let someone go. Nor would it put off other prospective employees.

So right back at you re the brains.

Missing the point. This isn't about what Nisbett said, it's about the fact that he's actually left us. If however we in fact moved him on, why not just say it. It wouldn't leave us open to a defamation lawsuit to just say we've let someone go. Nor would it put off other prospective employees.

Your wrong. On all counts.

Noone knows why he left or the circumstances.

A confidentiallity agreement may be in place.

And please tell us what would be gained by bagging out an employee publically after sacking them?

Your wrong. On all counts.

Noone knows why he left or the circumstances.

A confidentiallity agreement may be in place.

And please tell us what would be gained by bagging out an employee publically after sacking them?
I understand he has a new position, generally this takes months so it may be the case that he left in a calculated manner for undisclosed reasons rather than being pushed. We don't know and why be concerned, unless his or the clubs reasons point to a major unresolved issue within the club?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's totally about what Nisbett said.

You're not supposed to give bad references, so why would he publicly say something that could hinder someone's career?

Not sure if you pay attention to the annual delistings for any club but even the most woeful of players gets a positive wrap when let go.

Not sure why anyone would want/expect the CEO to come out and say that they'd sacked a strength coach, unless it was for gross misconduct. Maybe they simply weren't the right fit, maybe they left of their own accord. Does it really matter?

The most important piece of information out of this is that its being addressed.

People can also piss and moan about Koefed all they want. The reality is that he oversaw a program that lead to a successful premiership campaign. It's also important to note some of Nisbett's other comments regarding the players themselves and some not fully preparing as best they could, so is the issue the S&C program, or the football program that allowed this?

You might be happy to note that, from Nisbett's comments, all facets have been reviewed and changes are being made.

Whether it'll lead to positive results is a different matter but at least they don't appear to be 'staying the course'.

Yeah why would you put in a bit extra when others maybe doing nothing, especially when you are already carrying weight and been cut and looking for a second chance. No wonder our fitness levels are so good.

Those brayshaws are idiots working hard on Xmas day, what are they hoping to achieve on a holiday.
I know this is tongue in cheek, but I imagine that’s pretty standard across the competition.

A lot of our guys are already meeting up and do 3 mornings a week at one the local suburban grounds central to a lot of them.

I know this is tongue in cheek, but I imagine that’s pretty standard across the competition.

A lot of our guys are already meeting up and do 3 mornings a week at one the local suburban grounds central to a lot of them.
Your input is generally liked but please, no need to give us updates on what the Lions are doing. You will start to lose your welcome status.

And yes, I’m grumpy today.

Referees give honest references but in confidence - I assume you know this.
Yes, I am aware.

They're not supposed to agree to give you one, then give bad references. Happened to a mate of mine years ago, who was offered a position and told by the hiring manager that his previous manager gave him a bad reference. Still hired him anyway and it worked out for both parties.

Shit-canning someone on the radio is not something you want to be doing when attempting to attact new employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back