List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
This would make me happy. Great draft for needs. Little bit worried that Hewett has some question marks over his character, so I'd be fine with Allan, Hollands or a slider here. George at 20 is a high-risk, high-reward selection. I expect Sydney to pinch him first.
Likewise I'd be happy with Allan at 12.
We're in no hurry with George so I feel like we are as good a team as any to take him and the range is about right

One understated play that I heard on the HS podcast is if somebody bids on that Harry Rowsten bloke (GWS acacdemy) before their first pick of the second round. Would mean the GWS pick is eaten up and we have the first pick on the second day - which would be golden as its worth alot, as clubs come calling bigtime.

So in short, this Harry Rowsten bloke is a jet and jump on the bandwagon for a bid inside 20. I'm looking at you Swans.
Great until they decline to match and you're left holding the baby Rowsten

Honestly I know plenty of guys that were arrogant and probably dicks to certain people in high school that matured significantly and became lawyers/accountants/electricians why shouldn’t a footballer be given the same leeway?

Not that it’s ok, but high school is a fish bowl and people want to be the biggest fish.

Draft Hewett or regret it

Honestly I know plenty of guys that were arrogant and probably dicks to certain people in high school that matured significantly and became lawyers/accountants/electricians why shouldn’t a footballer be given the same leeway?

Not that it’s ok, but high school is a fish bowl and people want to be the biggest fish.

I know a guy who is a massive dick and became pm of Australia.. but tbf he lost his job recently..

Ps. Yes to George at 20.

November form guide just released from Twomey

Some interesting things to note:
  • Ed Allan rocketed up to #14
  • Links us to Ginbey, McKenzie, Phillipou, Busslinger, Allan, Hewett, Hotton, Burgiel and Ryan
  • Does NOT link us to Tsatas, Humphrey, Clark, Barnett, George, Hustwaite, Konstanty or Hollands
  • Jones not in the top 30

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably because the football environment isn't one that is going to mature someone.

In regards to Hewett..........

Has he been charged with something?

Did he break the law?

Are charges incoming?

Will it prevent him from playing football?

Will a football environment and good role models be an advantage to the kid?

Can he turn his life around or should we just send him to jail now?

There seems to be so many people running around atm saying "oh i heard what he did and it's bad, he has so many issues, oh we can't take him ...............but i can't say what he did'

If someone actually knows then just say it, no more posting links to some vague thread somewhere else or speaking in cryptic riddles.

The posturing on this board sometimes is enough to make someone want to commit hari-kari.

Why would people do that? What would they gain by stating what they know? And it is very unfair to the 17 year old.

Yes he is a kid and sounds like he has areas to improve. Just like 70% of kids.

However behaviour is massive in elite sports and that is why clubs value commitment and solid values.

Hewett will be drafted. No doubt. However other kids with better credentials will bedrafted ahead of him. Simple.

Yep - I'm with you on this one. I don't know the details but it sounds like he's ****ed up in a big way. Learned a major life lesson and turned a corner.

We need some swagger in the side and he's a proven big game player.

We've surely got to pick him up.

• Links us to Ginbey, McKenzie, Phillipou, Busslinger, Allan, Hewett, Hotton, Burgiel and Ryan
  • Does NOT link us to Tsatas, Humphrey, Clark, Barnett, George, Hustwaite, Konstanty or Hollands

Links pretty much everyone in the top 10 to Humphrey except us, can write that one off. Has been persistent with the Mackenzie/Phillipou links for a bit now, doesn’t seem to consider Allan the lock that everyone else does.

Really like the Burgiel/Hotton links, particularly the former. Think we’re a lock to pick a small forward at some point, Burgiel has been pretty impressive from what I’ve seen

Yep - I'm with you on this one. I don't know the details but it sounds like he's ****ed up in a big way. Learned a major life lesson and turned a corner.

We need some swagger in the side and he's a proven big game player.

We've surely got to pick him up.

I wouldnt risk a top 10 pick on Hewett but pick 13 I would.

And if he was there at 22 I wouldnt even hesitate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In regards to Hewett..........

There seems to be so many people running around atm saying "oh i heard what he did and it's bad, he has so many issues, oh we can't take him ...............but i can't say what he did'

If someone actually knows then just say it, no more posting links to some vague thread somewhere else or speaking in cryptic riddles.

The posturing on this board sometimes is enough to make someone want to commit hari-kari.
As a board it was decided 200 odd pages ago that he wouldn’t be accused of things based on rumours. It can be alluded to as people have been done, but we can’t discuss it.

It is out there on the internet elsewhere if you look haRd Enough to reaD the Details about IT.

No Keeler or Clarke in there either.

Found the comment on Allan really interesting, it was the only player that had a comment like it. Allan unlikely to last to eagles pick 20, almost putting pressure on to take him with 12.

I'm thinking Clarke, Hewett, Allan, Cowan.... I'm also thinking they'll go right before our picks.😂

Allan was rated top 5/10 before his injury if I remember correctly, could be worth going at 12 for him and Hewy at 8. It's certainly going to be an interesting draft though, tough one for the team to get right.

Bombers have been linked to Tsatas for months. Hopefully Didoro pulls the trigger.

This article suggests the bombers could trade down and take Phillipou later on. Couldn’t see anyone trading an F1 though to move up.

“Rival clubs believe the Bombers are open to trading down the order, knowing big-bodied midfielder Phillipou could still be available outside the top 10”

I'm thinking Clarke, Hewett, Allan, Cowan.... I'm also thinking they'll go right before our picks.😂

Allan was rated top 5/10 before his injury if I remember correctly, could be worth going at 12 for him and Hewy at 8. It's certainly going to be an interesting draft though, tough one for the team to get right.
I don’t remember Allan ever being rated that high

Maybe they chose the highlights badly.
I watched the Vic Metro v Vic Country final and thought he swung the game in the 3rd qtr. Picked up 30 disposals and 5 clearances in his first champs game for the year after injury. He provided some crucial run in a game that was pretty tight until then.
There has also been some games for Oakleigh were he has dominated. Against the eventual premiers Sandringham he had 38 possessions and 13 I50's and was BOG.
I'd be stoked to get him at 9. Would make me feel better about trading back from 2. Eagles are lacking players who can find the ball. Gaff has dropped off and Sheed has been patchy. We don't have a lot of high possession run and spread players.

Don't think he'll be an inside bull but could become ok inside like a Macrae ot Josh Kelly

I could accept Tsatas with Pick 9 , has good leg speed and knows how to find a lot of the ball ..

My takeaway from Twomeys updated rankings

Our first pick is likely a choice between Phillipou, Mackenzie, Clark and Ginbey. How many of that quartet is available depends on whether Tsatas and/or Humphrey are taken before our pick.

If both are taken, then we’ll have the choice between two. If neither are then likely none are left unless there’s a surprise like Geelong taking Busslinger

Our second pick shapes as a choice between Allan and Hewett which might be determined by who we take with our first pick

My preference would be :
Clark/Mackenzie and Allan or
Ginbey/Phillipou and Hewett

I don’t know where Busslinger sits in all this.

If all those first four are gone then he’d be a chance at our first pick. Then in the unlikely event he gets past Saints, Bulldogs and Carlton maybe we consider him best available ahead of Hewett and Allan

Too many unknowns to predict who goes at our two 2nd round picks - starting with does Allan or Hewett slide that far back. Allan unlikely, Hewett maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back