List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Politicians- Rich Private School Boys.
98% of them straight out of Boarding School into Politics.
season 8 episode 10 GIF

He's got a full academy dedicated to teaching
Does he do the teaching himself or does he get others to do it for him?
Chad Morrison is the Academy coach so outside of his name being on it and him going to visit every now and then what does he actually do with the academy?

We need to keep 20 in the event Hewett or bussingler slides
That pick 20 will end up 26 - 27 after ashcroft fletcher davey bids + amon mcstay possibly degoey and norf priority picks
Doubt either of buss or Hewett last that long

With the AFL signing a new 7 year TV deal, that will significantly increase the salary cap. The 2022 salary cap is $12.45 million. The TV deal is an increase of 36% on the current year and while they may stage the increases over years, the next cap should be up at least $1 million in 2023 to $13.45, $14.45 in 2024 and then increase by $1 mln pa for the following 5 seasons until it reaches around $19.45 in 2029.

That will have a significant impact on our list build. We are supposedly very tight but only for a couple of years once Gaff and Guv contracts expire. This could mean we go harder for Jackson this off season!

Looking at the list of players out of contract at the end of 2023, there is not a single high earner that will need to be paid more, most likely a number earning less. That gets us back to where we could possibly forward pay some players. I am assuming that West Coast are maintaining the policy of not have automatic escalators in the contracts

I'm one of those people that don't care when someone leaves a club. It's a job you do while you have your contract. When Judd left I happily thanked him, moved on. If Gaff had done the same, I would have been fine.

But Rioli, after what happened, would be unforgivable.

I'll boo a player for the first time in my life.

Just read the last 30 pages of this thread - gotta say I'm pretty disappointed Rioli was not compared to Hitler at all.

Lift your game, innernet.

Hitlers birthday is April 20 so 4/20

There’s your link

I don't know about that. Comes across to me as a natural ruckman but maybe not so great at teaching.

Naitanui coached Vardy and Lycett through the 2018 finals when they got hold of Grundy (twice) and Gawn

Hickey is a much better ruckman at Sydney than he was at St Kilda - I’d suggest he learned plenty at West Coast working with Nic. His problem here wasn’t that he couldn’t ruck but that he struggled as number 2 with his best games for us coming when Naitanui wasn’t playing

I think you’re underestimating his ability to be a ruck coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s your link

Naitanui coached Vardy and Lycett through the 2018 finals when they got hold of Grundy (twice) and Gawn

Hickey is a much better ruckman at Sydney than he was at St Kilda - I’d suggest he learned plenty at West Coast working with Nic. His problem here wasn’t that he couldn’t ruck but that he struggled as number 2 with his best games for us coming when Naitanui wasn’t playing

when hickey started yes but he was absolute Poo in 2020. He made Tim English look like Dean Cox in that crucial game against the dogs and a huge reason why we ended up losing that game. To his credit he has vastly improved at the swans

There’s your link

Imagine sharing a birthday with Hitler though.

So we interested in Liam Stocker or Xavier Duursma?

There’s your link

Dude this is not reality.
Thankfully Jonathan was coaching Rucks all through 2018 and the fact we had capable fill ins for when Nic went down can to a large extent be attributed to his input.
The reason Bailey made the big leap in around ground positioning the last few weeks was thanks to certain people finally acknowledging we needed more input/direction in this area. Nic has never really grasped it; ever unfortunately.

Thankfully Jonathan was coaching Rucks all through 2018 and the fact we had capable fill ins for when Nic went down can to a large extent be attributed to his input.
The reason Bailey made the big leap in around ground positioning the last few weeks was thanks to certain people finally acknowledging we needed more input/direction in this area. Nic has never really grasped it; ever unfortunately.

Is the Jonathan you're referring to Giles?

I stand to be corrected but I thought Giles left before the 2018 season finished

I stand to be corrected but I thought Giles left before the 2018 season finished
Other work made it tougher on him with time constraints but he remained available thankfully.
I should clarify;Nic has some outstanding traits, but there are deficiencies, or perhaps better phrased as "gaps" he is not capable of filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back