List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware.

They're not supposed to agree to give you one, then give bad references. Happened to a mate of mine years ago, who was offered a position and told by the hiring manager that his previous manager gave him a bad reference. Still hired him anyway and it worked out for both parties.

s**t-canning someone on the radio is not something you want to be doing when attempting to attact new employees.
Not sure what world you live in

Not sure what world you live in
23319399_381162562339184_4529789368191364056_n.png

Your wrong. On all counts.

Noone knows why he left or the circumstances.

A confidentiallity agreement may be in place.

And please tell us what would be gained by bagging out an employee publically after sacking them?

Correct thought process.

It's weird how posters demand change yet when such change occurs they want to moan about the process. Seriously.

Multiple delistings/retirements - tick
Changes to the S & C dept - tick

Some posters are like my wife - bloody hard to please

Correct thought process.

It's weird how posters demand change yet when such change occurs they want to moan about the process. Seriously.

Yeah it's madness. But completely expected 'round these parts.

One that doesn't involve publicly s**t canning ex-employees.
And/or current employees

The club very very rarely publicly hangs players, coaches or support staff out to dry. I’ve no idea what happens being closed doors but they always back their staff in to the outside world even when arguably it’s not deserved (Kofoed praised as doing an outstanding job for the most recent example).

Funny thing is the one time Nisbett had a crack at an ex-employee (Rioli) he was criticised for it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

read the words confidentially - then look it up

OK, what’s the word “confidentially” got to do with the discussion about Nisbett’s public comments on national radio about an ex employee?

‘Haven’t taken it off since’: Top AFL draft prospect’s heartbreaking tribute to late mate

Bailey Humphrey

Sounds like he went through a fair bit last year with his best mate committing suicide. He sounds pretty level headed but has admitted to his own mental health struggles. Red flag? Or just par for course these days with everyone being a bit more open about this stuff. I would imagine the high pressure representative football would intensify any mental health struggles (same with a AFL environment). Especially after going through something like he did.

Correct thought process.

Not everyone is unhappy with the changes

S&C change :whitecheck:
Langdon delisted even though in contract :whitecheck:
Turnover of 11 (2 retired, 1 traded, 8 delisted) :whitecheck:
A strong draft hand for 2022 :whitecheck:
A strong draft hand for 2023 :whitecheck:
A possible NGA prospect that actually opened their email :whitecheck:

That said, many feel that the clear out of the club needs to go deeper and faster
Warren Kofoed still there (and CEO stating he has done an outstanding job):exclamation:
List Manager role still vacant (The Pieman is really just a caretaker):exclamation:
WAFL standard Head of Football Operations:exclamation:
Nisbett still CEO with no succession plan clear:exclamation:
No apparent strengthening of the coaching box:exclamation:
An AFLW coach in Prior that seems a great guy but has little football coaching IQ:exclamation:

I hope I have not trodden on your toes!!!

Correct thought process.

Which, if any, NGA prospects have we nominated ahead of the draft - I haven’t seen anything mentioned/listed anywhere

That said, many feel that the clear out of the club needs to go deeper and faster
Warren Kofoed still there (and CEO stating he has done an outstanding job):exclamation:
List Manager role still vacant (The Pieman is really just a caretaker):exclamation:
An AFLW coach in Prior that seems a great guy but has little football coaching IQ:exclamation:

They are fair points, I'd say the counter argument to the Nisbett position would be along the lines of 'has seen us through both the most successful and most challenging times in our history and we have faith he can do so again'... sure we are overdue for change, but it is important we don't do an Essendon!

Coaching box - it's not a free pass but is a bit of a pass for 2022 (we did make significant changes prior to 2022). We clearly didn't have the cattle to execute on-field, nor to execute game-plan changes en masse (and as we saw players return and the list overall get healthier we did see some changes to game plan start to filter through).

List manager and our holistic football operations are huge issues IMO. I can't comment on AFLW (other than seeing the results), but as a club our on-field performance is horrific at present (obviously we will always hold the record for most-losses in a year with the AFLW 2-seasons this year). Even with excuses, we were at times uncompetitive, and for the most-part quite boring. WAFL was pretty much unwatchable. I don't mind a bit of arrogance from the hierarchy (often that can be a good thing), but after a year such as this a very large spoonful of humility is required and ensuring that leadership drive standards where they have dropped off.

What do you mean no succession plan for Nisbett? He’s got his son in the list management team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with this other than the part about the coaching box. We just took 2 new assistants last year, who didn't get much of a chance to show their stuff. The others who have been around a while may have been hitting their KPIs, or simply still under contract. There's also the soft cap to consider.

Just had a look at a 2 minute clip of Phillipou . His disposal is terrible. Awkward style. Admittedly only 2 minutes so anybody who has seen a lot more of him I would appreciate your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back