List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

In the one quarter he played on the ball (think it was his first game with us) he looked better than most of the rest of our midfielders have looked all year. So yes he should be played under the rucks nose.
He can chase. That alone makes him better than most of the rest of our midfielders.

Surely we’ve learned our lessons with the Burrows, Gorter et al type picks?

Rather than overthink things and try and find a hidden gem, go for the obvious pick, being Culley in this case.

I can just imagine O’Brien strutting in on Wednesday night and calling some random HBF’s name at pick one and trolling us all.

View attachment 1412688

Melts will be nuclear.

Tell us how many HBFers has O'Brien taken with pick 1 ....ok let be generous........top 10 picks in any draft?

Tell us how many HBFers has O'Brien taken with pick 1 in any draft?
In recent times?

Burrows was our first pick in the MSD last year and Chesser was our first in the national draft.

Previously, Duggan, Shep etc.

If you mean literally pick one, as the first pick of a draft, this will be his first attempt I believe.

Fingers crossed for Culley!

So apparently Jackson is still a chance, how do we get him and still keep out pick 1/2? Our 2 seconds and gaff get them to the table to even start negotiating? Or next year's first? Dont think we can go wrong with giving up something decent for him even when we are in a rebuild, is young and the type you can build your team around.

Jackson- chesser- wardlaw- culley

Istantly gives our midfeild a quality youthful look

So apparently Jackson is still a chance, how do we get him and still keep out pick 1/2? Our 2 seconds and gaff get them to the table to even start negotiating? Or next year's first? Dont think we can go wrong with giving up something decent for him even when we are in a rebuild, is young and the type you can build your team around.

Jackson- chesser- wardlaw- culley

Istantly gives our midfeild a quality youthful look
I highly doubt there is any chance, but if so they would ask for pick 1 +

That would be downright incompetent of us to do that.

The only other option is PSD. I would love us to, but reality is teams just don't do that (for a variety of reasons, some good some bad).

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly don’t think we are as bad as we seem. Let’s be honest even the players lining up on the weekend have had injury issues all the way back to the pre-season.

Clarke, West, Kelly, Gaff, JK, Darling, Redden, Shuey, SPS, Cripps, Duggan, Jones & they are just the players who actually LINED up on the weekend. You throw Covid on top of it & it really doesn’t surprise me that’s it’s going this badly.

We just aren’t fit and honestly when you look at everything that has gone on it really isn’t that much of a surprise we aren’t.

If we can nail the MSD & Main Draft. (I think we did well in last years draft). Replace the S&C team & get a healthy squad I can see us improving next year.

I honestly don’t think we are as bad as we seem. Let’s be honest even the players lining up on the weekend have had injury issues all the way back to the pre-season.

Clarke, West, Kelly, Gaff, JK, Darling, Redden, Shuey, SPS, Cripps, Duggan, Jones & they are just the players who actually LINED up on the weekend. You throw Covid on top of it & it really doesn’t surprise me that’s it’s going this badly.

We just aren’t fit and honestly when you look at everything that has gone on it really isn’t that much of a surprise we aren’t.

If we can nail the MSD & Main Draft. (I think we did well in last years draft). Replace the S&C team & get a healthy squad I can see us improving next year.
I mean you'd probably want to improve somewhat on dead last with an historically low percentage wouldn't you?

In the one quarter he played on the ball (think it was his first game with us) he looked better than most of the rest of our midfielders have looked all year. So yes he should be played under the rucks nose.
Our midfielders suck so not a hard thing to do .

We all know guys like Clark and west are stop gaps at the moment .

In a contending side they are depth at best .

I mean you'd probably want to improve somewhat on dead last with an historically low percentage wouldn't you?
Yeah you would hope so. Didn’t word it that well but what I meant is I don’t think we are a bottom 4 team if we can get a healthy list together. We still have plenty of talent on the list.

Just got to make the right moves (which has been a struggle lately) & I think we can bounce back quickly.

So apparently Jackson is still a chance, how do we get him and still keep out pick 1/2?
Melbourne and freo get into a stand off, a deal doesn't get done and we swoop on jackson with pick 1 in the pre season draft?

In reality its not going to happen .

Saying that freos first isn't going to be much better than our 2nd

Yeah you would hope so. Didn’t word it that well but what I meant is I don’t think we are a bottom 4 team if we can get a healthy list together. We still have plenty of talent on the list.

Just got to make the right moves (which has been a struggle lately) & I think we can bounce back quickly.
Do we though? When you really look at it?
Shuey, Hurn & Kennedy are probably gone.
Nic Nat...will probably play on but signs were there this year that he was starting to drop off
Darling...nup
Gaff....nup
Yeo...who knows if he'll ever get fit enough to get back to his best, I wouldn't bet on it.
Kelly? Sure, at his best he's right up there but he's been wildly inconsistent since he came here.
Gov? Has played well this year, probably going to trend downwards from here.
Ryan? Struggles in a shit side (which we are).
Rioli? If he can stay on the park
Allen? Has the potential to be a star but needs a good run at it next year

I've probably missed a few but to me we look pretty damn light on for top end talent next season

So in what, 2-3 years time when these guys start to mature?
And even then you still need the workhorse mids to do the dirty work....no reason this can't be West and Clark
We will still have Kelly, yeo and sheed who are far superior players

West and Clark are the poor man's versions of maginnity and priddis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back