List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

So North have shot themselves in the foot a bit as to getting a top of draft bonus pick, and even given themselves a chance of not finishing bottom. They are still a win short of what GC did when they got the bonus top pick so I'm not ruling it out yet, but it has become more unlikely.

And they have an easy run home with games against 13, 16, 6, 15 and 11. Only one in top 8, and one currently in contention (and likely to be not by the time they meet). I can't really see them beating the Hawks on current form, nor Sydney, and Adelaide away is a much bigger ask than at home. Essendon may or may not turn up and if they don't North could win. The last week is the joker in the pack. Given that we are almost assured of a 100 point loss that week, the NM/GCS match could be a spoon decider. If GC are out of the race by then, then it becomes very winnable for North. Even a close loss could give them a % better than ours.

For WC. Well that game (Hawthorn) was one that had been pencilled in as a possible win and secure a spoon avoiding ladder position game. But, while competitive at times, it never looked like actually happening.

Our games...
St Kilda - still in contention despite losing 4 of 5. At home and a possible, but we'd have to be better than we were against the Hawks. Remember, they did have 10 more scoring shots than us, so the margin flattered a bit.
GCS - Even with losing to Essendon today and Brisbane next week will still be in the running thanks to Richmonds loss. We'll be lucky to be close.
Adelaide - at home, the other chance for a win. Tough, but possible.
Freo - no chance
Geelong - our chances against Freo are so much higher than of us winning this one. And I'm calling the Freo game a no chance.

So we still need likely one and possibly two wins to avoid the spoon.
Possibilities...
Neither us nor NM win a game. It comes down to %. We get thrashed by Geelong and it could be spoon time. Realistically need one win to take this off the table.
North beat GC or Essendon. Depending on %, we may need two wins to stay above them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checked the WCE site and looks like we don't even have a dedicated Ruck Coach.
Not surprised both Jamo and Bailey have been no good.
Who the hell is teaching them? Nic Nat?

Nic's a champ but he's no teacher.
Maybe we should hire a dedicated Ruck coach before we throw both of our young blokes on the trash heap.

It's there in the small print. Says the ruck coach is named "Toddy". Not sure who that is.

I'll tell you what I told Nic and the other boys; hit outs, contested possessions, goals - all these mean nothing to me. Uncontested marks around the ground - now that's the sign of a great ruckman.

According to Ricky Nixon (I know , I know) we will be looking too offload Gaff aswell as a couple others with the plan of getting 4-5 picks in the top 20
Not sure how Gaff gets us even one pick in the top 20 unless someone is really desperate.
I reckon the club rates some of our players a fair bit higher than they actually should (which makes sense given where we are) if they reckon we've got enough talent on the list (other than some of the younger guys we want to keep) that's going to net another 3 or 4 picks in the top 20.

Checked the WCE site and looks like we don't even have a dedicated Ruck Coach.
Not surprised both Jamo and Bailey have been no good.
Who the hell is teaching them? Nic Nat?

Nic's a champ but he's no teacher.
Maybe we should hire a dedicated Ruck coach before we throw both of our young blokes on the trash heap.
I thought it was quite common to not have a ruck coach.

We need midfielders and the more the merrier; big, strong, fast, skilful, genuine midfielders. Given the state of our list, this will be a full rebuild. I’d be looking at WA born players such as Elijah Hewett, having a good 18’s carnival and already playing league football for Swan Districts, make sure they’re committed to being at the club for the next ten years, especially given Chesser and Culley are both Victorian.

We need midfielders and the more the merrier; big, strong, fast, skilful, genuine midfielders. Given the state of our list, this will be a full rebuild. I’d be looking at WA born players such as Elijah Hewett, having a good 18’s carnival and already playing league football for Swan Districts, make sure they’re committed to being at the club for the next ten years, especially given Chesser and Culley are both Victorian.
Hewett isn't worth the pick we are going to have.

You pick the best overall, not the best from WA.

We've never had an issue with players going home, so why wouldn't we continue picking the best players, regardless of where they are from?

Not sure how Gaff gets us even one pick in the top 20 unless someone is really desperate.
I reckon the club rates some of our players a fair bit higher than they actually should (which makes sense given where we are) if they reckon we've got enough talent on the list (other than some of the younger guys we want to keep) that's going to net another 3 or 4 picks in the top 20.
Not on his own but Gaff and Port 2nd rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back