Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah let the hawks make finals, shows us up more.

Its funny. For all the noise about how young we are - we started the year with a very similar list profile to Freo, Essendon, GWS and Hawthorn.

3 of which are in the 8 and Hawthorn just one game out.

What is everyone's ideal scenario for the rest of the season?

The more games we win the more confidence we have going into 2025 although we seem to have attacked this year with too much confidence and failed. It also concrete's a wasted year if we have a strong finish.

Losing most / all of our games will net us pick 4 but put enormous pressure on the club in the off season.

I don't think there is a win scenario from here but what's the best way to finish a disappointing year?
Treat each game like match sim training session. Our losses have largely come from conceding big runs of goals and lacking composure in tight finishes. So let’s train those in actual situations; what’s our shape and style when a team gets a run on, when do we slow the game down, when do we speed it up, what’s our plan from a kick in when we’re a goal up in the final minutes, or a goal down. How do those plans get communicated and actioned etc. Win or lose, doesn’t really matter, let’s start 2025 pre season early. This competition is so tight, our ability to manage game situations could be the difference between top 4 or bottom 4. Collingwood’s playing list isn’t elite but they won a flag last year from being better at that than anyone else.

Barring something really strange happening we will finish 14th or 15th. With the way the drafts get compromised with academy/father son picks and the pick swaps that can happen to go up or down I’d be surprised if finishing 14th instead of 15th impacts what player we end up with.

We are finally starting to see more of an emphasis on our future in selection and strategy from Nicks. Most of it has been forced upon him but still. I think having a strong block to finish the season where players like Dowling, Berry, Taylor, Thilthorpe, Nankervis etc can build on some reasonable form would be really beneficial for our development.

We should be looking at the Hawks, Bulldogs and Port games as very winnable. I’d like us to win two of those three. I also think we need to get the winning away monkey off our back, so I’d like to see us win one away. Geelong or Sydney looks pretty unlikely so tomorrow night probably has to be it.

From a confidence point of view it doesn’t have much impact I agree. However I think a lot of player development can occur, given we finally actually seem to be prioritising the Taylor, Dowling, Nankervis types, I think good results in these games is a reasonable way to test how they’ve gone.
Heck I'll even take the Port "Away" win! 😆. I'd love to have that belief too... but unfortunately just can't trust in the forced, strategic, prioritizing until I see it Rd 1 next year.

What is everyone's ideal scenario for the rest of the season?

The more games we win the more confidence we have going into 2025 although we seem to have attacked this year with too much confidence and failed. It also concrete's a wasted year if we have a strong finish.

Losing most / all of our games will net us pick 4 but put enormous pressure on the club in the off season.

I don't think there is a win scenario from here but what's the best way to finish a disappointing year?
Ideally, we win 10 more in a row

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back