Crows plan Walker talks! (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Crows plan Walker talks! (Part 2)

buddy,you are entitled to your opinion ,but if you think tex is the full package and you are happy with his all round ability i will book you a room and the jacket to go with it! me well i think he needs to work on his marking,he is a good mark one on one using his body but is a poor chest mark,i could count on one hand the amout of marks he has taken above his head and sometimes you have to question his attack on the ball.he is also flat footed and dosent chase. dont get me wrong i think he is a very talented player that could be anything but boy he has a long way to go!

never said he was the complete package - no need to try and change the context of your posts.

you are seriously in the wrong place if you even suggest Walker can't mark

Sure giving us some examples of when he didn't take a mark or put in enough effort is all great - but the simple matter is there is enough evidence to suggest he can Mark in both the uncontested and contested situation.

the position he takes a mark is somewhat irrelevant some people like to take it on the chest, some people like to take it with their hands and sometime circumstances dictate where you take it.

I can understand the not chasing part or the questionable endevour at some point - I wasn't argueing that - but the guy can mark and kick - those are the two things he does pretty well.

apart from that 3 game stretch against the Saints, Dees and Lions where he looked down, and lost he's been pretty consistent in the games he's played.

4, 2, 2, 4, 1, 0, 1, 4, 4, 3, 4. 15 goals 3 since Bicks has taken over which is pleasing in both output and accuracy.

Fit with the right structure and coach, some luck he turns into an 70 game forward in no time.

Imperative they get pen to paper soon

One on one he is good and on the lead he is good.

Really needs to improve his pack marking and contested marking though to reach his potential. Often one arm up and not really a physical presence. Looks like tarzan...

Jason Dunstall barely took a pack mark either.

All things being equal, if Tex kicked 100 goals in a year from being on the lead, we'll be in a GF and it won't matter.

FF's always look better on the lead and thats what we should utimately aim at, lacing him out.

Geoffa, haven't heard that, but ~6 weeks ago I was told by somebody who knows him (same guy who told me Bock was gone mid last year) that Walker had zero intention of leaving Adelaide; hopefully it's true.

Got a bit of a glimpse today, when him and Kurt learn to play off of each others strengths, our forward line is going to be unbelievable!! We'll have two of the best KPFs in the same team :D

Really needs to improve his pack marking and contested marking though to reach his potential. Often one arm up and not really a physical presence. Looks like tarzan...

Why? I think his greatest strength is his ability to read the play and lose his man, he is a natural at finding space for himself. Its instinctive so why no use it. How many contested marks would Buddy take?

Battling the packs as a clunker is a mugs game...ask Tipp

Think there is some truth to both mate; he does that, but I reckon he doesn't hit some hard enough as well.

It is odd seeing a player of his size not contesting in the air (and he is a bloody good mark) so he can try and get it on the ground - will take some getting used to.

But hey, 15 goals in 4 games - I'm happy with that in the meantime :)

I remember a season where Tony Modra only kicked 70 odd goals and everyone wanted to know what was wrong with him..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many pack marks does Buddy Franklin take? All players have their weaknesses and pack marking has been Buddy's since day one, Hawthorn counter that by playing to Buddy's strengths rather than bombing it on to his head.

I have heard from two separate sources that he has agreed to terms. However neither are that reliable. Wondering if anyone else has any news..........

One source suggested the club wants this coming week to be a "big week" for the club, being final game and all.

Phil Harper said on MMM Friday before the Cats game that a date had been set at the start of the year and we have not approached his manager to start talks earlier and his manager has not approached us to start talks earlier.

Maybe his problem is that he's equally adept at crumbing so that if the marking contest isn't to his liking, he figures he's a better shot at ground level?

thats how I read it, he isn't a great contested mark, he's good at contesting. There is no doubt he's thinking as the ball is coming. It's not a 'see the ball, fly at the ball' mindset.

It's a see the ball, can I get my opponent under it, run onto it, duck weave and kick it 55 on the left for a goal mindset. He's an instinctive goal kicker so he looks like a guy who'se brain is always ticking over (odd I know :D) to keep in the contest if he can't mark it, in his opinion at the time of reading it.

We all remember the freak that was Mod's and his high flying, but the percentage of his goals from freak marks compared to those where he marked on the lead were low. I want Sauce knocking it down the throat of Sloane, Danger, Smith and Otten for next 10 years and it hitting Tex with his opponent trailing him by 3 metres. It's more important that Tex standing on someones head.

As I said in stabby's vid thread..he contests but always seeks to keep his feet rather than over committing...I'm more than happy with this if tips and others are around to smash and crash.

:thumbsu: He brings a point of distinction to our forward line, that's for sure. If sure hope we can figure out how to use the various facets of our forward line to maximum advantage.

Fast becoming my favourite player. Just love the way he goes about it. Great to watch. Some homo

Fast becoming my favourite player. Just love the way he goes about it. Great to watch. Some homo

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows plan Walker talks! (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back