Crows v Saints Pre-Game Discussion/Team Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

In Douglas, Gill
Out Porplizia and Doughty

The time is right to unleash Gill. He is fit and has a few good games under his belt. The TD will suit him and the STs may under estimate him. Perrie hasnt played for over a month and usually takes a couple of games to get going.

If we dont go in with an extra tall and the Sts tall forward line gets the better of us, then we will have to change our structure by taking a tall from our forward line. Gill would be our insurance policy if this was to occur.

We would be kidding ourselves to expect Massie to do a similar job on Kossi. Twice the size, dry conditions and a great mark, recipe for disaster.

Porplyzia is a certain out, and Doughty may or may not be taking a spell courtesy of the tribunal.

Presuming that Doughty is an out, then I would expect Mattner to come in for Doughty and Douglas to come in for Porps.

Vince a wild card to replace Porps, but Douglas the favourite to do so.

While we look to be a tall short in defence - we are actually - Torney or Mattner might have to be the ones to take on Reiwoldt.

In: Douglas - If he doesnt come in, its an outrage, has been on fire in recent weeks, Gill or Perrie - To come in to allow Bock to go back to deal with St. Kildas tall forwards.

Out: Porps (Inj.), Doughty - If he doesnt get suspended, he should get dropped

In: Douglas - If he doesnt come in, its an outrage, has been on fire in recent weeks, Gill or Perrie - To come in to allow Bock to go back to deal with St. Kildas tall forwards.

He wasn’t dropped after the West Coast debacle; he is not going to get dropped after a 71 point drubbing. Let’s be real.

Doughty must be your Matthew Smith.

No way will he get dropped IMO. He's been very good in recent weeks.

Doughty must be your Matthew Smith.

No way will he get dropped IMO. He's been very good in recent weeks.

To be honest I haven't been disappointed at all with Doughty, and he will be stiff to get dropped.

He's looked sluggish of late though, and I think a week off would be beneficial, the only problem being he may struggle to get back in.

He's one of those guys that constantly gets 20+ possessions but you wouldn't know, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, he just doesnt seem to do a lot with it.

Like I said, I wont be disappointed if he stays in, but Douglas needs to be rewarded, and I dont see who else can be dropped

Re: Changes - Round 15 Vs St Kilda

I'm trying to recall the midfield matchups from last time we had a good win against the Saints at the Dome. I think Goodwin had a run-with role on Dal Santo & destroyed him. That would leave Shirley v Ball, though he is struggling a bit at the moment.

I have video of that game on a DVD somewhere. If you want, I could probably upload on the internet to you if you want (or I will look when I get time).

Anyway in terms of changes:

In: Mattner, Douglas
Out: Doughty, Porps

I was surprised that after Mattner being dropped that we played a kind of attacking game style. If we are planning to do the same this week, I hope he comes back as that is the type of player he is. Porps doesn't look too good with him hammy, so Douglas can come back in for a spot that he has well earned.

To be honest I haven't been disappointed at all with Doughty, and he will be stiff to get dropped.

He's looked sluggish of late though, and I think a week off would be beneficial, the only problem being he may struggle to get back in.

He's one of those guys that constantly gets 20+ possessions but you wouldn't know, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, he just doesnt seem to do a lot with it.

Like I said, I wont be disappointed if he stays in, but Douglas needs to be rewarded, and I dont see who else can be dropped

Richard Douglas should come into the side for Jason Porplyzia; it will then come down to who comes in and goes out of the side if we need that extra tall.

Douglas for Porps is a logical swap. Done, dusted, put it down. NOW.

Richie is an absolute STAR. When he looked me in the eye today..... well jee wiz, It just made my day.

As for Doughty, who will go, it's an interesting one. Do we bring a taller guy in, given the Saints tall forwards? OR do we bring back Marty? How'd he go this weekend, anyone know?

Seeing lots of talk of moving Bock back.

I just watched the Hawks game today in PROPER quality (thanks jas for the torrent from demonoid :thumbsu: i usually only get afl.com.au quality (crap)) and I have to say Bock at CHF looks very very good for us. I think his delivery to the rest of the forwards after his leadup role is critical to our forward entries.

I've often heard people talk of his ability to use the ball out of defence..well just quietly that ability to hit targets in the forwardline is ever MORE critical.

I'm with Carl, I wouldn't shake up our forward line as its just starting to click a little. They've persisted with Bock up forward all year and he's had good games and poor games but steadily improving I think. He uses the ball so much better than Pez in the lead up role and ball use is critical for us without a standout target.

Bring Mattner back in or Torney/Massie to play on the 3rd tall. If we start getting in trouble then think about shaking things up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing lots of talk of moving Bock back.

I just watched the Hawks game today in PROPER quality (thanks jas for the torrent from demonoid :thumbsu: i usually only get afl.com.au quality (crap)) and I have to say Bock at CHF looks very very good for us. I think his delivery to the rest of the forwards after his leadup role is critical to our forward entries.

I've often heard people talk of his ability to use the ball out of defence..well just quietly that ability to hit targets in the forwardline is ever MORE critical.

I'm with Carl, I wouldn't shake up our forward line as its just starting to click a little. They've persisted with Bock up forward all year and he's had good games and poor games but steadily improving I think. He uses the ball so much better than Pez in the lead up role and ball use is critical for us without a standout target.

Bring Mattner back in or Torney/Massie to play on the 3rd tall. If we start getting in trouble then think about shaking things up.

No problem :D

That is me, jas93

I would put Shirley on Harvey as a tag (Still a gun and can destroy teams)
and have Van Berlo tag Luke Ball

Other way around.

Harvey is still a racehorse. If you wanted to tag him you'd need someone with a huge engine like van Berlo or Burton.

Ball and Shirley head to head at the stoppages for the hardball makes far more sense.

Would you really tag Luke Ball? I'd tag two guys at most, one of those being NDS.

Wonder if we'll go with Goodwin on him again?

Other way around.

Harvey is still a racehorse. If you wanted to tag him you'd need someone with a huge engine like van Berlo or Burton.

Ball and Shirley head to head at the stoppages for the hardball makes far more sense.

You've got the match-ups spot on there IMO DT.

Shirley is well suited to take on Ball, and Harvey will lead van Berlo into the play - expect a good game from VB this week.

Other way around.

I agree.

Shirley - Ball
VB - Harvey
Goodwin - Dal Santo

Leaving us with no small forward?
With our midfielders rotating through the forward line last week in slippery & windy conditions, we did OK without Porps after quarter time. Remember we are playing at the Dome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows v Saints Pre-Game Discussion/Team Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back