D. Hardwick vs B. Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry did i hurt your feelings with reality? I will repeat it just for you, no one cares about your team dude. Their sell factor is bordering on 0 even when you are in the mix for a finals possie. The laugh was that your mob was spitting chips having R22 scheduled at the G on a sunday arvo. They wanted better...like WTF what better FFS? Waste of space that should be relegated to the SANFL so they can be the number 1 crowd puller. ;)

Lucky a few of us cared about your team during the SOS days when you were rattling tins (something we've never done) outside the MCG. Also, Benny G said the other day you'll probably be joining us in Handout Queue next year.

But seriously, I bloody love the Tiges. You guys are what footy is all about. Had a crappy run but you're still there, you're still proud, you're still passionate.

My best mate is a Richmond supporter and I actually timed my return to Australia so the first game I would see would see would be us vs you lot at the G. THAT is what footy is about. Hopefully I only have to hear your magnificent song once at the start of the game, but just being there, beer in hand, listening to the YELLOW AND BLACK on a winters arvo - that's being home.

On the coaches, I think we both ended up with what we needed most. I make these comments not having a dip at your blokes or club but in Hardwick you got a bloke who could rebuild the culture literally from bottom up. You have excellent raw talent in the likes of Cotch (GUN) and Martin (DOUBLE GUN) and many others but you've lacked a certain je ne sais quoi, a cultural thing and Hardwick is the bloke to instill that in your boys. It will take time but the signs are more than promising. Great to see.

For us, we've still got guys like Boomer who are premiership playes, and even guys like Drewy and Wellsy etc who've played prelims and so on who know what's required to excel. Brad Scott made a comment that when he came to North he wanted to keep the good bits of our culture - the Shinboner Spirit blah blah - but refashion it into something newer and better. Hardwick is building a Tiger culture of his own. Them's just the facts.

My understanding is that after Buckley pissed us off again (and again he'll live to regret that) we were keen on Scott as as soon as we interviewed him. No damning of Hardwick there. He wasn't the best fit for us and IS the best fit for you.

If the next few years see us playing three consecutive GFs and us winning two and you one (natch), I'd be happy as. Having sat at the MCG and listened to those Adelaide pricks sing their song after beating us, I can honestly say I wouldn't mind hearing the YELLOW AND BLACK roared out, and even to be there, for when you guys win the flag you deserve. As long as we win the two either side.

As I said, you guys are real footy. I reckon North will win this week but I also thing we've got plenty of ding dong battles ahead of us and I savour them.

Finally, good to see some nice sentiments expressed for North in this thread. People always seem to lump us with the Footscray flogs when comparing comparing clubs but I've always thought North and Richmond have plenty in common, Proper footy clubs.

Best of luck Tiges.

To the topic though: I strongly got the impression that Brayshaw was paranoid about Hardwick knocking them back for Richmond, as Buckley did for Collingwood. I think he was so desperate that North not be seen as a twice-dumped bride that he skipped over giving Hardwick a full and true assessment in favor of grabbing Scott.

Scott may well have been the best candidate for them, and may be proven a better coach than Hardwick. I don't think you can judge for at least two years, longer if both are competent. In the first year it's especially meaningless, because neither are going to win the flag. But I think Hardwick has been a revelation at Richmond and I don't think he was given a fair shot at North.
It's a bit of a vague memory now, but seem to recall Dimma wasn't returning Brayshaw's calls. This was around the time North got dumped by Buckley. Agree, two years down the track once the hype has worn off will be a better time to assess how both are travelling - right now both are breathing fresh life into their respective clubs

And the whole Brad Scott choice reeked of a desperation we had when we appointed TW.
Fair observation - Buckley, Hardwick, Scott seemed to be playing musical chairs somewhat like Wallace, Eade and Clarkson in late 2004 with Scott (like Clarkson) being the dark horse of the three.

Lucky a few of us cared about your team during the SOS days when you were rattling tins (something we've never done) outside the MCG. Also, Benny G said the other day you'll probably be joining us in Handout Queue next year.

But seriously, I bloody love the Tiges. You guys are what footy is all about. Had a crappy run but you're still there, you're still proud, you're still passionate.

My best mate is a Richmond supporter and I actually timed my return to Australia so the first game I would see would see would be us vs you lot at the G. THAT is what footy is about. Hopefully I only have to hear your magnificent song once at the start of the game, but just being there, beer in hand, listening to the YELLOW AND BLACK on a winters arvo - that's being home.

On the coaches, I think we both ended up with what we needed most. I make these comments not having a dip at your blokes or club but in Hardwick you got a bloke who could rebuild the culture literally from bottom up. You have excellent raw talent in the likes of Cotch (GUN) and Martin (DOUBLE GUN) and many others but you've lacked a certain je ne sais quoi, a cultural thing and Hardwick is the bloke to instill that in your boys. It will take time but the signs are more than promising. Great to see.

For us, we've still got guys like Boomer who are premiership playes, and even guys like Drewy and Wellsy etc who've played prelims and so on who know what's required to excel. Brad Scott made a comment that when he came to North he wanted to keep the good bits of our culture - the Shinboner Spirit blah blah - but refashion it into something newer and better. Hardwick is building a Tiger culture of his own. Them's just the facts.

My understanding is that after Buckley pissed us off again (and again he'll live to regret that) we were keen on Scott as as soon as we interviewed him. No damning of Hardwick there. He wasn't the best fit for us and IS the best fit for you.

If the next few years see us playing three consecutive GFs and us winning two and you one (natch), I'd be happy as. Having sat at the MCG and listened to those Adelaide pricks sing their song after beating us, I can honestly say I wouldn't mind hearing the YELLOW AND BLACK roared out, and even to be there, for when you guys win the flag you deserve. As long as we win the two either side.

As I said, you guys are real footy. I reckon North will win this week but I also thing we've got plenty of ding dong battles ahead of us and I savour them.

Finally, good to see some nice sentiments expressed for North in this thread. People always seem to lump us with the Footscray flogs when comparing comparing clubs but I've always thought North and Richmond have plenty in common, Proper footy clubs.

Best of luck Tiges.

Cheers SLF. Thanks for replying to the OP, seems the thread got derailed a little there for a bit :rolleyes:

I think you summed things up pretty well on the coaches. Of course there will be different opinions, etc. We all have little one-eyedness about us ;)

Regarding Buckley, to be honest, I think we both ended up with a better option, hopefully time will come to show that.

Could be a bit of a Saints/Cats rivalry (which dates back to the early-mid 00's) between our clubs if we both get our acts together. But of coruse, that will need to be sparked by a public blue between the two coaches or something ;)

Good luck on the weekend, but not too much. Expecting you guys to come out hard, but we tend to handle that a lot better than in days gone by :thumbsu:

ey kunnt eyes listen up! you hit the nail on the head. kangas vs eagles at the G. it just so happens that we get low attendences koz just about all of our home games are against NVT u stupid ****! how the the **** are u supposed to rake in 30000 ppl

the ****ing brainless **** awakens....hey ******** tigers v eagles pulled 30+ thou at the G on a sunday at 1 and we were ****ing sitting on 1 win and 60%, shit for brains. Now piss off and go sit with the other 4 loos supporters in the 5 reserve seats they sell each year. ;)

the ****ing brainless **** awakens....hey ******** tigers v eagles pulled 30+ thou at the G on a sunday at 1 and we were ****ing sitting on 1 win and 60%, shit for brains. Now piss off and go sit with the other 4 loos supporters in the 5 reserve seats they sell each year. ;)

Coggas on fire :thumbsu:

Coggas on fire :thumbsu:

man this is the deal.
They cop what we copped for a decade or should i say even less, i give them 3 years tops in the cellar and they will be able to play games at the K Bartlett reserve and their "members and supporters" can park their cars on the fence and watch it from there, of course if they buy a reserved car park that is. ;)

man this is the deal.
They cop what we copped for a decade or should i say even less, i give them 3 years tops in the cellar and they will be able to play games at the K Bartlett reserve and their "members and supporters" can park their cars on the fence and watch it from there, of course if they buy a reserved car park that is. ;)

lol Cogga, I haven't been on these forums for long but enjoy reading your posts.

NM is shit.

good luck ya for ya ****head.. yous have alot more supporters then us so yous very well should get 30000 there.. IMO winning or losing is not the major factor to gaining getting supporters or members its about the fixture and the coverage which just so happens that yous play more home games against victorian teams u dumb ****!

well see this weekend u stupid ugly moron, if u have any balls come to bay 35 and see if you have a mouth like u have on the internet

good luck ya for ya ****head.. yous have alot more supporters then us so yous very well should get 30000 there.. IMO winning or losing is not the major factor to gaining getting supporters or members its about the fixture and the coverage which just so happens that yous play more home games against victorian teams u dumb ****!

well see this weekend u stupid ugly moron, if u have any balls come to bay 35 and see if you have a mouth like u have on the internet

It's Onnnnnnnnnnn

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Jeez newbie, don't go over to Bay 13......you'll get vewy angwy!

Well im there regardless. :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never been able to work out why it's supposed to be North's fault they don't have more supporters.

They've been a bloody good club, given their members plenty more than ours has over the last 30 years. Are we supposed to be making fun of their marketing or something?

I've never been able to work out why it's supposed to be North's fault they don't have more supporters.

They've been a bloody good club, given their members plenty more than ours has over the last 30 years. Are we supposed to be making fun of their marketing or something?

No, we love the TIGERS and the rest are shit. :D

I've always respected north cos they know they don't have the fan base or the facilities or even hold much interest to other supporters where as clubs like us, collingwood, Carlton ect. Have dominated the headlines and that.

But recently I've noticed this massive chip on their shoulder, whether it be kids not being recognized or the draw not giving them the chance to get big crowds. I'm starting to despise them for all the bitching and moaning. Harden up and deal with it. No one cares outside of James Brayshaw.

And the whole Brad Scott choice reeked of a desperation we had when we appointed TW.

Can't believe a lot of folk :)o) wanted Buckley at the time, and glad his ears were clipped.

The coaching pool was shallow at the time and is shallower this year.

Scott is a man of presence with A grade media skill and history with Matthews and Malthouse, where Hardwick has a Laidley type lack of presence with an angry dwarf and a clown as mentors. :p

But seriously, Hardwick wasn't a big enough improvement from Laidley even if Hardwick has the gameplans to take a 'normal' club all the way.

A poor mans Malthouse unfortunately suits North for the time being, and the ultimate success would be a huge bonus. We'll certainly be competitive but likely build up for some Pie type finals wobbles over the next few years. Haven't seen much from the midfield, defense, rucks or particularly the forward line that suggests Scott has cemented any real symmetry or structural certainty.

Hardwick will do all that is humanly possible at the Tigers and IMO is probably the slightly better coach. Combined they would make an awesome coach but ultimately Scott will be more successful due to the Club he's at. :thumbsu:

With your grasp of the English language I would hazard a guess that the only solid thing to come out of your mouth in recent times was your teeth.

So its not just me. Twins are trippy as.

Twins are creepy? Trippy?

You narrow minded people...I am all for equal opportunity....*comforts upset Victoria's Secret models*....there there I'm sure the badmen didn't mean it

twins5.jpg

Now onto Hardwick vs Scott, I rate both coaches but I would give the early honours to Hardwick just because he has reinstilled that "tiger of old", "playing for the jumper" pride, heart and passion that we have been without at this club for many moons. I think that Scott however does have a harder job ahead of him, he wasn't able to start with a truly blank canvas as Hardwick did, and as stated by someone else the reliance on Harvey is an interesting hurdle that I await to see how Scott will fix. There is one thing about Scott that does annoy me though, and maybe North supporters can't see, and I hope to god you don't kill me for mentioning it but the Scott and media relationship, it just has a bit of shades of Tuesday's with Terry. I hope to god for your, ours and football's sake that isn't the case but I just get that vibe whenever I see him in a press conference. I have no idea why

Best of luck Tiges.

No offence intended but yes maybe North has never rattled tins outside the MCG but with their support level it would probably be little help however North have put their hand out to the AFL a lot more than what we have.

I can't but help admire North for their resolve to go on despite the lower level of support.

As for which coach I believe it is a tad too early to call and to date I am sure both clubs and their supporters are happy with their respective choices to date. Personally my concern would be with North's process didn't seem as thorough as it could have been but it reminded me of us at a time when no one wanted to coach us and we asked two candidates who turned us down and we ended up with Frawley hopefully Norths turns out better for them.

No offence intended but yes maybe North has never rattled tins outside the MCG but with their support level it would probably be little help however North have put their hand out to the AFL a lot more than what we have.

I can't but help admire North for their resolve to go on despite the lower level of support.

As for which coach I believe it is a tad too early to call and to date I am sure both clubs and their supporters are happy with their respective choices to date. Personally my concern would be with North's process didn't seem as thorough as it could have been but it reminded me of us at a time when no one wanted to coach us and we asked two candidates who turned us down and we ended up with Frawley hopefully Norths turns out better for them.

The apparent thoroughness the Tigers showed could have left them with the 3rd choice out of 3 candidates....oh hang on a minute.

But Mistake after mistake at Tigerland when it comes to coaches gave them little option but to appear thorough.

A decade ago North had the most impressive coach for years (Pagan) and even the stooge that was put in to help a relocation got the side to some success.

Like really how much thoroughness is required when any clown knew what Hardwick offered and it was just a matter for a more impressive candidate to show potential media appeal (after Laidleys shocking performances) and as everyone knew, Scott was being lauded for his work with the Pie midfield as well as having been opposition analyst, development coach at a huge club, let alone years under Matthews and all the sports science crap.

Both are good fits and if North didn't go all out for Buckley, they may have been more thorough and landed Hardwick, which probably isn't enough off field savvy for a club like North anyway.

Like really how much thoroughness is required when any clown knew what Hardwick offered
Heh, replace "Hardwick" with "Sheedy" and there's the foundation of the "Sheedy for Richmond" campaign last year. Or in fact any number of Richmond coaches over the last three decades. No need for due process when you've got a candidate with such obvious talents as Sheedy/Wallace/Frawley/Gieschen/Walls/Northey/Jeans/Bartlett, right??

The most successful coaches of recent years (Thompson, Lyon, Clarkson) weren't proven, in-demand stars when they were hired, but were plucked out of obscurity after a thorough review.

Heh, replace "Hardwick" with "Sheedy" and there's the foundation of the "Sheedy for Richmond" campaign last year. Or in fact any number of Richmond coaches over the last three decades. No need for due process when you've got a candidate with such obvious talents as Sheedy/Wallace/Frawley/Gieschen/Walls/Northey/Jeans/Bartlett, right??

The most successful coaches of recent years (Thompson, Lyon, Clarkson) weren't proven, in-demand stars when they were hired, but were plucked out of obscurity after a thorough review.

Not sure obscurity is the right word. A lot of North had been spruiking for Hardwick for a long time. He's obviously as successful as assistants get and knows his stuff, but has failed a few times to get a gig, even over Knighter :eek:.

Apart from the Collingwood stain Scott brings, he's a much better fit at North than Hardwick and his lack of charisma?

ps. whats with the new BF Tiger badge? Yellow and......

Remove this Banner Ad

D. Hardwick vs B. Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back