D. Hardwick vs B. Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes in a period in which you've won two premierships,rarely missed finals and had arguably the greatest player of all time on your list, you've been on the verge of the collapse and had to be propped up by the AFL. Says it all really.

So in answer to your question....as soon as the AFL get's tired of propping you up, which, considering they've commited themselves sinking shit loads of cash into a two new teams that will reqiuire heavy assistance for several years and they're determined to see succeed no matter what, on top of mounting pressure for a Tasmanian side, but without more than 18 teams and the fact that, in the wake of the GFC , they probably won't get nearly the amount of money they were budgeting on for the next broadcast rights deal, will probably be a lot sooner than you think.

You do know Gale said you'll probably be asking for assistance next year too?

SweetLeftFoot said:
If we'd had any two of Petrie, Ziebell, Anthony or Thomas playing, we'd have done them by another three.
Geez, what guns to potentially be the difference between a 50 point win and a 53 point win....:eek:

You do know Gale said you'll probably be asking for assistance next year too?

And this changes the facts of what I said how exactly?

Your team mirrors your supporters.

Lack of respect for the opposition and overrating ones own abilities.

Should have seen this coming.

Oh and I love the "We lost, but umpires.. and.. you guys will be dead in 2 years.."

Really? And you all applaud comments like that?

Small minds..

Your team mirrors your supporters.

Lack of respect for the opposition and overrating ones own abilities.

Should have seen this coming.

Oh and I love the "We lost, but umpires.. and.. you guys will be dead in 2 years.."

Really? And you all applaud comments like that?

Small minds..

Yeah we don't really give a shit what you think.

Small club..

Why do you resort to the crap you post on our boards. Is it because you are a depraved soul?

Is it because your club doesn't give you any satisfaction and when they fold in 2 and a bit years time, you will be loking for a new one, and this is all a test to see how richmond take criticism because you secretly admire us and will become a member when north becomes extinct?

Is it because your mummy never loved you, your daddy beat you or your old next door neighbour touched you innapropriately?

GTF over yourself dude. what is it you said in the other thread?

OH YEAH: POT...KETTLE!

If we'd had any two of Petrie, Ziebell, Anthony or Thomas playing, we'd have done them by another three.

Jackson, Foley, Nason, Thursfield taken out early, Deledio re-injuring his arm late in the 1st half...it's not like we were full strength either. Anyway, congrats on a good win.

Yes in a period in which you've won two premierships,rarely missed finals and had arguably the greatest player of all time on your list, you've been on the verge of the collapse and had to be propped up by the AFL. Says it all really.

So in answer to your question....as soon as the AFL get's tired of propping you up, which, considering they've commited themselves to sinking shit loads of cash into a two new teams that will reqiuire heavy assistance for several years and they're determined to see succeed no matter what, on top of mounting pressure for a Tasmanian side, but without wanting more than 18 teams and the fact that, in the wake of the GFC , they probably won't get nearly the amount of money they were budgeting on for the next broadcast rights deal, will probably be a lot sooner than you think.
So in other words you don't have a definitive aswer. Why didn't you just say that and spare us all a lot of horseshit? :confused:

Which celebrity on the wane is financing the next take over?

Anyway, we're done with you guys. You're too easy, as our record from 1990 onwards suggests. Ciao all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in answer to your question....as soon as the AFL get's tired of propping you up, which, considering they've commited themselves to sinking shit loads of cash into a two new teams that will reqiuire heavy assistance for several years and they're determined to see succeed no matter what, on top of mounting pressure for a Tasmanian side, but without wanting more than 18 teams and the fact that, in the wake of the GFC , they probably won't get nearly the amount of money they were budgeting on for the next broadcast rights deal, will probably be a lot sooner than you think.

So when we're still around in another 15 years, what will your explanation be then?

One thing I'd like to challenge is that Scott is the better media performer.

North is obviously a club that flies under the radar - the board would have instructed Scott to turn every potential news story into a North related one. In fact he's very much available to every journalist to say a line or two. Sure, his media skills are good enough to pull it off, but he'd be under direction to be in the public eye. Without that direction, would we see as much of Brad Scott?

The Tigers on the other hand, need to do little bar trot out the 'we're on our pathway/development' line. Every loss - it's all part of the plan, we're young, it'll happen. Bask in the glory a bit during the wins, but state that we're not deviating from the plan. Allows us to fall back on the plan when we lose again. Hardwick's presence in the media needs to be able to convince us that Richmond are on an upwards curve - and he's certainly done that - but maybe the players have helped a bit.

Besides that, he's kept out of the way a bit. Makes the media hang on his words. Richmond don't need to worry about their fan base, but worry about winning and showing a strong united front, both on and off field. Dimma's the face of the off-field stuff, and he's been strong yet understanding of the pressures that coaching a young team presents in every presser.

Both skilled media men, just working in different situations.

TFLUA your post didn't have the words 'North won't be around 5 years from now LMAO!!!! LOL!!! How funny is that, an AFL club is ASSISTED!!!!!!!1111' so it's not wanted in this thread. Sorry mate.

I was tempted to put the throwaway troll line at the end - but then I thought if I posted something long with thought-out reasoning we might be left alone ;)

Don't mind Norf, can't stand their scumbag supporters, have they hit the 1,000 membership mark yet?

Thats my troll line out of the way...

I like their team, Scott is a good coach. Can't wait too see us smash them next time around though, must admit that Swallow is quite a good player and apparently his brother is better!

One thing I'd like to challenge is that Scott is the better media performer.

North is obviously a club that flies under the radar - the board would have instructed Scott to turn every potential news story into a North related one. In fact he's very much available to every journalist to say a line or two. Sure, his media skills are good enough to pull it off, but he'd be under direction to be in the public eye. Without that direction, would we see as much of Brad Scott?

The Tigers on the other hand, need to do little bar trot out the 'we're on our pathway/development' line. Every loss - it's all part of the plan, we're young, it'll happen. Bask in the glory a bit during the wins, but state that we're not deviating from the plan. Allows us to fall back on the plan when we lose again. Hardwick's presence in the media needs to be able to convince us that Richmond are on an upwards curve - and he's certainly done that - but maybe the players have helped a bit.

Besides that, he's kept out of the way a bit. Makes the media hang on his words. Richmond don't need to worry about their fan base, but worry about winning and showing a strong united front, both on and off field. Dimma's the face of the off-field stuff, and he's been strong yet understanding of the pressures that coaching a young team presents in every presser.

Both skilled media men, just working in different situations.

All correct.

Scott has walked into an easier gig really. North flies under the radar and has a better list.

Hardwick will be given a lot of latitude due to the list as well as the graveyard that could be at the end of his road. Once the tide turns, a Richmond coach is done. Even Laidley came away from North with Caro's love.

Scott just presents better but Hardwick is also a polished performer.

All correct.

Scott has walked into an easier gig really. North flies under the radar and has a better list.

Hardwick will be given a lot of latitude due to the list as well as the graveyard that could be at the end of his road. Once the tide turns, a Richmond coach is done. Even Laidley came away from North with Caro's love.

Scott just presents better but Hardwick is also a polished performer.

Didn't we just clarify that Scott presents because he's INSTRUCTED to?

I'd say they both perform very well in the media. I wouldn't say either is better than the other.

Didn't we just clarify that Scott presents because he's INSTRUCTED to?

I'd say they both perform very well in the media. I wouldn't say either is better than the other.

Yeah, presents, as in better dressed (North hoodie, royal blue) ;)

Personally just get a young Clarko feel from Hardwick. Is a good mix of hard man and smart man but presents more blue collar than Scott IMO.

If Clarko never fell from the ugly tree = Hardwick :cool:

Scott is still playing the field and has the perfect blend of business and hardman.

The last thing Richmond need is a spin doctor, where North need one.

Yeah, presents, as in better dressed (North hoodie, royal blue) ;)

Personally just get a young Clarko feel from Hardwick. Is a good mix of hard man and smart man but presents more blue collar than Scott IMO.

If Clarko never fell from the ugly tree = Hardwick :cool:

Scott is still playing the field and has the perfect blend of business and hardman.

The last thing Richmond need is a spin doctor, where North need one.

Precisely. Both conduct themselves in the media as the clubs situation dictates.

Remove this Banner Ad

D. Hardwick vs B. Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back