Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood makes Darren Jolly offer

If we dont get a fair deal, we will walk away and he will play out his remaining contract. he wont hold any frudge's agaisnt sydney

If it's for family reasons, what makes you so sure he won't walk if you don't find him a new home?

WCE are so laughably ripped off there it's not even worth posting it.

If they were to offer up #7 for a small forward, and Davis were to be that forward, it would have to be #14, #30 and Davis for #7 and #23 or something similar. I just can't see it happening.

If they were to offer up #7 for a small forward, and Davis were to be that forward, it would have to be #14, #30 and Davis for #7 and #23 or something similar. I just can't see it happening.

Yeah I know they do..... Do you think Wellingham instead of Cox would be more fair?

If it's for family reasons, what makes you so sure he won't walk if you don't find him a new home?

i admit i dont know the rules but im pretty sure that you just cant break your contract and then apply for the ND or psd

and like i said, there is no animosity between jolly and sydney, so he wouldn't just leave

You might look at Thomas? How generous of you. Go back to the Sydney board if you're going to carry on like a flog.

Dawes is a possibility, but as I stated; Wood, Brown and Reid are off the table.

sorry if i hit a nerve about thomas

but is thomas even a top 10 player at your club??

where did he place in ur b&f

he has been on ur list for a little while now and hasn't really kived upto his potential

i admit i dont know the rules but im pretty sure that you just cant break your contract and then apply for the ND or psd

and like i said, there is no animosity between jolly and sydney, so he wouldn't just leave

Ok, so no you can't enter the draft while contracted unless you're delisted.

Anyhow all signs are that Sydney have conceded Jolly. They have offered Seaby a 3 year deal. Seaby is leaving WCE as he desires a number 1 ruck gig elsewhere. Earlier on I was wondering why Seaby would chose Sydney, now it appears obvious. He is Jolly's replacement and number 1 ruckman.

Pies will orchestrate a deal that will send Seaby to Sydney.

just becasue a player said thart he would like to be traded does not mean it should effect his value

plus everybody knows that he is contracted for 2 more years on huge $$$

If we dont get a fair deal, we will walk away and he will play out his remaining contract. he wont hold any frudge's agaisnt sydney

If he wants to go, obviously his committment to the side should he have to stay will be diminished...no?

Depending on how intently he wants to go and supposing no other club is willing to pay the price the Swans "demand" he can simply nominate in the PSD...is this not true?

Didnt WCE say that Pick #7 was on the trade table for a quality small forward? Davis would easily be worth this if this is the case.

If he wants to go, obviously his committment to the side should he have to stay will be diminished...no?

Depending on how intently he wants to go and supposing no other club is willing to pay the price the Swans "demand" he can simply nominate in the PSD...is this not true?

As for commitment ROK......... and it seems he was more desperate to go than jolly apparently is (still nothing from jolly management or swans)

and i'm pretty sure that if you are contracted then you can't just nominate for ND or PSD, i think just protecting the player and clubs

Ok so here's what I think will happen..... (Still think WC are getting ripped but they did say they'd trade 7 for a small forward).

West Coast Lose - Pick 7, Seaby
Collingwood Lose - Pick #14, Pick #30, Davis, Cox
Sydney Lose - Jolly
Carlton Lose - Fevola

West Coast Gain - Davis, Cox
Collingwood Gain - Fevola, Jolly
Sydney Gain - Seaby, #14
Carlton Gain - Pick #7, Pick #30

Carlton Gain - Pick #7, Pick #30? I would not trade a top 10 pick to Carlton ever. I would rather pay over the odds for Jolly then to send pick 7 to Carlton. They can have a second rounder and a fringe player and we will pay his salary then give them a top 10 pick unless they pay 90% of his salary for 3 yrs.

Just reverse the picks then mate.... 7 to sydney, 14 to carlton......

sorry if i hit a nerve about thomas

but is thomas even a top 10 player at your club??

where did he place in ur b&f

he has been on ur list for a little while now and hasn't really kived upto his potential
The only nerve you hit is your own Pudendal nerve.

Don't believe everything you read on BigFooty, we (the club) wouldn't trade Thomas for Jolly straight up.

Jolly for Pick 14 + a fringe player, like Wellingham would be pretty fair IMO.

Sydney could do with a pacey midfielder, and Wellingham fits the bill.

I'd give him away to get Jolly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about we get both Fevola & Jolly and Put Wood & Jolly as our ruck combination then Fraser in a FF postition that leaves Our forward line like this. if we get Fevola i'll do the team and give me your guys thoughts

FB: N.Maxwell S.Prestigiacomo Harry'O'Brian
HB: H.Shaw L.Brown T.Lockyer
C: D.Beams D.Swan O'Bree
HF: S.Wellingham J.Fraser J.Anthony
FF: T.Cloke B.Fevola B.Dick
FOL: D.Jolly S.Pendlebury A.Didak
Int: C.Wood Nathan.J.Brown L.Davis S.Sidebottom
Thats how i think we should line up in 2010 if we get Fevola and Jolly

The talk of moving Fraser forward sounds okay initially but really, he isn't quick off the mark and don't see him burning defenders to take it on the lead. And i cant remember the last time i saw him take a contested mark. His forward pressure and tackling wouldn't be high, so i don't see him having any value apart from perhaps taking a tall defender and stretching the defence. If Fraser is going to play as a forward i'd rather Dawes there.

How about we get both Fevola & Jolly and Put Wood & Jolly as our ruck combination then Fraser in a FF postition that leaves Our forward line like this. if we get Fevola i'll do the team and give me your guys thoughts

this forward looks disgusting....... fraser, wood and jolly will never play in the same team.

if Leigh Bown is lining up at CHB in round 1 were in big trouble, replace him with Reid and get rid of fraser at CHF

I'd offer pick 14 and Fraser. If we got Jolly i'd rather a Jolly/Wood combo.

Other offers I'd throw up are pick 14 + Dawes &/or Goldsack. Dawes may have some currency and our other young KPP in Anthony, Brown and Reid should be untouchable, while we have a numerous HBF who can cover Goldsack.

Jolly is a very good ruckman, and at the cost of 14 in a weak draft it's probably too good to pass up, but we need to take 2 things into account here;

- The sydney style of play and his TOG flatter him immensely. The raw numbers have him in the Sandilands category as a tap ruckman, whereas in reality there are a good handful of ruckman who are just as effective in the hitouts when you account for sydney's bog down style.

- Where would it leave Wood? I've always been, and continue to be, a huge Wood supporter, because he's one of the few ruckman you'll ever see who has both good skills and good tap work. If the deal effectively becomes 14 + Wood for Jolly, it's not nearly as attractive.

As for Fev, I sincerely hope we can convince Carlton to ask take someone other than Macaffer. I rate him through the roof, and in terms of his potential amongst non-established youngsters, I probably have him third behind Beams and Reid (i.e. ahead of N.Brown, Sidebottom etc..). I could be well off, but he has some incredibly special qualities.

All that said, it's good to see us "involved" in discussions. Makes for a fun off-season, at least.

It has been my hobby horse for 3 years now: Sydney is the worst centre clearance team in the competition. Even Melbourne beat us in that department this year. Jolly's value is around the ground. The reason his TOG is so high is because we haven't had a second ruckman for a long time. Towards the end of the season he was completely shagged.

Jolly had 53 hitouts against us in round 12 :eek:

Jolly had 53 hitouts against us in round 12 :eek:
lol thats almost wood and fraser combined for a month in 2 hours of work

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back