Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Good:
Unexpected win!
Riv, McVee, Kolt, Kozz, MELK, AMW was solid too. Good from the young blokes to step up like that and Melk to still be moving well post knee.
Turner took his chances well. Not convinced by him as a forward long term, but he kicks straight and competes.
Lingers really good on his wing both ways. ANB very good throughout the game, kept Merrett pretty quiet/ineffective.

Bad: petty was ordinary, meant JVR had to ruck a lot (which he was solid at, but doesn't help him build consistency as a forward).
Bowey's size hurt him a couple of times, also a bit too dicky with his kicks tonight. Not a great game.

Could Essendon have put in a more Melbourne like performance than that?

• played terrible in the wet
  • missed easy set shots
  • dominated the ruck but lost clearances
  • won inside 50's but lost on the scoreboard
  • waited until game was over to wall paper over a few cracks
Never go full Melbourne.

Fugly … Our run home .
We're not winning a flag this year, but I'd take wrecking things for a team or two on the run home.

For instance, a win against Collingwood in Round 24 that makes them miss the finals would do me nicely.

We're not winning a flag this year, but I'd take wrecking things for a team or two on the run home.

For instance, a win against Collingwood in Round 24 that makes them miss the finals would do me nicely.
Yep , that’s about it for this season . I’ll be amazed if we even make the finals .

I am 100% convinced that McVee needs to attend every centre bounce for the rest of the season
It's the million dollar question.

When he's beating and outmarking guys like Jake Stringer then you know the is an absolute gun defender.

The kid is a serious talent that by moving him out of the back 6 you're losing a big hole down there that isn't easy to replace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't that long ago we were wondering who the potential A graders were amongst our kids. Definitely have a few trending that way. No reason McVee, Rivers, Koz, JVR and Windsor can't get there or get close. Would love to add a key back to this mix

I thought we might show up tonight but wasn’t expecting that. The young guys stood up. McVee owning Stringer was awesome. He’s going to be elite. ANB on Merrett was fantastic. JVR nullified Draper and the forwards did their job. Melksham absolutely makes a difference. Turner also stood up with JVR needing more ruck time. Great win.

I thought we might show up tonight but wasn’t expecting that. The young guys stood up. McVee owning Stringer was awesome. He’s going to be elite. ANB on Merrett was fantastic. JVR nullified Draper and the forwards did their job. Melksham absolutely makes a difference. Turner also stood up with JVR needing more ruck time. Great win.
Nibbler getting tagging roles has been a great move. Tough bugger, can run all day and can hurt the other way. Could be a great role for him moving forward.

Half way through the second, this is the worst piece of shit game. Simon Goodwin will replay this long kicking/ contested wank fest at night while doing the same

Surely this has to end the Petty experiment.
Episode 1 GIF by The Simpsons

...stubborn Goody aint stopping now, even mentioned how great the JVR, Petty and Disco combo is coming along in his post game presser

Agreed. Thoroughly enjoyed being ATG for this. That Windsir goal even got my old man out of his seat! Loved the banter with the Bombers scum all night. Once we got on top the banter became very one sided!! Suck s* Bombers!!

Episode 1 GIF by The Simpsons

...stubborn Goody aint stopping now, even mentioned how great the JVR, Petty and Disco combo is coming along in his post game presser
For christ's sake, he's kicked FOUR goals in 14 games playing as a KPF. Statistically tracking for one of the worst seasons of all-time.

Not even all on him though. He's a defender – should either be down back or at Casey.

For christ's sake, he's kicked FOUR goals in 14 games playing as a KPF. Statistically tracking for one of the worst seasons of all-time.

Not even all on him though. He's a defender – should either be down back or at Casey.
Maybe we should start calling him The Wizard like Nick Watson.

I think he probably would be down back if it wasn't for Tmac playing so well. Been the biggest surprise packet this year. Solid again tonight.

I think he probably would be down back if it wasn't for Tmac playing so well. Been the biggest surprise packet this year. Solid again tonight.
Which is still dumb. Petty could do what TMac is doing in the backline while TMac might actually be better than Petty as a forward (not hard)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Brad's Bummers: the Good, Bady * Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back