Review Dees v Handbaggers, Rd 23 @ the Handbaggery: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingy on first crack applauding Geelong not Melbourne, poor bloke had all his material for first crack organised at half time ready to laud Chris Scott and didn't want to throw it in the bin and start again.

Hes actually a joke.

Almost fell of my chair

Is he aware of the result? That was f’ed

Must have tipped Geelong and doing what he usually does, makes excuses up to cover his ass. Never seen someone hate to admit he got it wrong more than him. Such a precious tosser.

Kingy on first crack applauding Geelong not Melbourne, poor bloke had all his material for first crack organised at half time ready to laud Chris Scott and didn't want to throw it in the bin and start again.

Hes actually a joke.
Spent the whole time raving about the Cats

Had a 5 minute segment about how Geelong exposed Melbourne's defense

It's ****ing baffling

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hes actually a joke.

Geez he is a weird unit. Geelong exposing Melbournes defence yet we conceded 77 points and scored 81 :$

edit - OK he is an idiot. It wasn't even our back 6 in the 2nd quarter, they literally walked it out of the centre under ZERO pressure. Wouldn't matter who our back 6 was the midfield let the ball go in uncontested.

Hes actually a joke.

Montagna just staring at him like he’s on crack

Someone make a video which starts with the 2018 Max Gawn miss together the stupid whistle Titanic music, and then finishes with the 2021 goal and the proper Titanic music. Thanks.

I also very much doubt mellifluous and descant recorder have been seen in company of each other at any time.
I’d like to think they have, but then again maybe that’s too Panglossian of me.

Loved First Crack's (Montagna's) analysis of our game last night. Pointing out we started the game differently, playing the first half with an extra player at the stoppage because we thought we'd struggle to move the ball up the ground if we conceded the clearances. Didn't work, we ended up conceding five goals from clearance in the second quarter. In the second half we went back to our regular system of having an extra player behind the ball and only conceded 8 points from stoppage.

Also made note of Langdon's positioning with a minute to go. Pushed deep forward on the fat side where he would have been able to run into an open goal, had Tmac taken the mark on 50 it would have been an easy kick to the advantage of Langdon running into a vacant goal square.

Last edited:
Loved First Crack's analysis of our game last night. Pointing out we started the game differently, playing the first half with an extra player at the stoppage because we thought we'd struggle to move the ball up the ground if we conceded the clearances. Didn't work, we ended up conceding five goals from clearance in the second quarter. In the second half we went back to our regular system of having an extra player behind the ball and only conceded 8 points from stoppage.

Also made note of Langdon's positioning with a minute to go. Pushed deep forward on the fat side where he would have been able to run into an open goal had Tmac taken the mark on 50 Langdon it would have been an easy kick to the advantage of Langdon running into a vacant goal square.

Any good points were washed away by King's ridiculousness and Geelong bias.

Any good points were washed away by King's ridiculousness and Geelong bias.

Most of what I posted was Montagna's work. I rate him way higher than King

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of what I posted was Montagna's work. I rate him way higher than King

Then say Montagna not first crack, coz King dribbles absolute shite. He finds anyway he possibly can to justify his shitty opinion and takes even if hes been proven wrong.

Montagna is great no doubt, he is actually embarrassing King now on a weekly basis.

Then say Montagna not first crack, coz King dribbles absolute sh*te. He finds anyway he possibly can to justify his shitty opinion and takes even if hes been proven wrong.

Montagna is great no doubt, he is actually embarrassing King now on a weekly basis.

Fair. I've edited my post.

Was listening to Gawn on Triple M earlier. He basically confirmed the main problem during the second quarter was we didn't put any defensive positioning on Danger or Selwood and he was tapping for the agressive play and Geelong just took advantage. People compain that Goody doesn't adapt but after last night I hope he never changes his gameplan ever again.

The good was I fixed the remote before my missus saw it.
The bad was that I hurled it on the floor late in the second quarter in disgust and it broke into lots of pieces. Who knew that remotes and tiles don’t mix?
The ugly was I didn’t turn in the TV until the first goal of the last.
The bloody beautiful was everything afterwards. Hopefully a season defining win.

Just watched it. So so strange...
Was strange, montagna looked at the game as a whole which showed that Melbourne were in control for most of the games but had a patch where everything Geelong did turned to gold as he described it. King focused on how Scott's master class coaching where Geelong took the game away from Melbourne. Conceded Melbourne controlled the game yet still banged on about Geelong. Yes the game was getting played on Geelong's terms but what about the second half where Melbourne adapted no mention how Scott's plan was going then.

Has any radio commentary of Gawn's goal/the last 2 minutes surfaced yet?
I've got the audio handy just need to edit it. Ran out of time today, will try to sort it out tomorrow unless someone beats me to the punch.

After watching the replay it's actually ridiculous the throws Geelong get away with. Just about half of their goals in that second quarter came from chucking the ball without getting paid, including a few of the centre bounce goals.

I thought otherwise we controlled the entire game without playing our best footy either. We missed a lot of tackles but our work rate was exceptional. Did that all with neither Fritsch or Tmac firing a shot, just hope Tmac's back is okay and we're not getting 2020 Tmac back. He did drop quite a few uncontested marks he never drops and looked shot of confidence after, I'll put it down to just a bad a game but gotta show more next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Handbaggers, Rd 23 @ the Handbaggery: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back